• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All about the draft now

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
How many games have the Seahawks lost because its 7-0 in the first 3 minutes and 14-0 after 5 minutes? They have no heart and no coach. With new Leadership in the future, and 3 picks in the first 45 picks, this team can win next year with a good coach. I dont care who it is as long as its not Mora! :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

Mora is the Anti-Coach.....

My biggest fear if he stays is he convinces Management to get him a wild cat QB. He won with VICK, god please dont draft Tebow! Or even worse

Sign free agent vick next year! NOOOOOOO! Please NOOOOO! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
the team has given up.

Looked like Mora cashed it in early, the guy just froze up on the sidelines the whole second half.

He looked like this... :shock:

wow...

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
szat said:
SeahawkWag said:
the team has given up.

Looked like Mora cashed it in early, the guy just froze up on the sidelines the whole second half.

He looked like this... :shock:

wow...

Like I said the ANTI-COACH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
-TJ TOTALLY phoned it in towards the end of the game.
-Matt has NO time, but that's to be expected I guess.
-Our pass rush sucks. So does Colin Cole.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
How many games have the Seahawks lost because its 7-0 in the first 3 minutes and 14-0 after 5 minutes? They have no heart and no coach. With new Leadership in the future, and 3 picks in the first 45 picks, this team can win next year with a good coach. I dont care who it is as long as its not Mora! :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

Mora is the Anti-Coach.....

My biggest fear if he stays is he convinces Management to get him a wild cat QB. He won with VICK, god please dont draft Tebow! Or even worse

Sign free agent vick next year! NOOOOOOO! Please NOOOOO! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Because Mora is in charge of signing free agents and drafting players :roll:

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Bob,

It has nothing to do in my opinion with talent. The guy could not coach his way out of a paper bag! Seems like every game the hawks are playing from behind. Would love to see how many games the seahawks have come out and in the first three minutes been down by more than 7 points. The team has the talent, but this guy could have a roster full of pro-bowl talent and miss the playoffs!

He may not be the one making the picks, but do you honestly believe the coach has no input on free agents and draft picks?

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Bob,

It has nothing to do in my opinion with talent. The guy could not coach his way out of a paper bag! Seems like every game the hawks are playing from behind. Would love to see how many games the seahawks have come out and in the first three minutes been down by more than 7 points. The team has the talent, but this guy could have a roster full of pro-bowl talent and miss the playoffs!

He may not be the one making the picks, but do you honestly believe the coach has no input on free agents and draft picks?

You've got to be kidding right? Nothing to do with talent? Even with terrible coaching, good football players make good football plays on personal ability alone. Where were those good plays today? Where were the talented defensive players when Schaub was throwing for 300 yards in the first half? Where were the talented WR's and RB's making big plays? Where was the talent when the offensive line didn't give Hasselbeck more than 3 seconds to throw the ball?

The problem with this team is that our best players are over 30. I know most of you have a hard on for Mike Holmgren (who, by the way, took this same team to a 4-12 record last year) but putting the blame solely on Mora is idiotic.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
Seahawk Freak said:
Bob,

You've got to be kidding right? Nothing to do with talent? Even with terrible coaching, good football players make good football plays on personal ability alone. Where were those good plays today? Where were the talented defensive players when Schaub was throwing for 300 yards in the first half? Where were the talented WR's and RB's making big plays? Where was the talent when the offensive line didn't give Hasselbeck more than 3 seconds to throw the ball?

The problem with this team is that our best players are over 30. I know most of you have a hard on for Mike Holmgren (who, by the way, took this same team to a 4-12 record last year) but putting the blame solely on Mora is idiotic.
I definitely agree that you can't blame Mora for all this. It's the NFL, he doesn't need to baby sit these guys or motivate them more than he already tries to. Teams need to make these guys play for their contracts by adding a base amount and then more money for staying healthy and stats on the year. That will get these guys playing their asses off.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
I definitely agree that you can't blame Mora for all this. It's the NFL, he doesn't need to baby sit these guys or motivate them more than he already tries to. Teams need to make these guys play for their contracts by adding a base amount and then more money for staying healthy and stats on the year. That will get these guys playing their asses off.

100% AGREE....There should be a rookie salary cap!

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
yeah... good luck trying to lure any free agents from other teams when you start putting conditions like those on their contracts... aint gonna happen. highest bidder gets the free agent, simple as that.

and i seriously doubt the players' union would allow injuries to affect players' salaries... "oh, you broke your arm? that's gonna cost you two months salary!" :roll:

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
squirreljack said:
yeah... good luck trying to lure any free agents from other teams when you start putting conditions like those on their contracts... aint gonna happen. highest bidder gets the free agent, simple as that.

and i seriously doubt the players' union would allow injuries to affect players' salaries... "oh, you broke your arm? that's gonna cost you two months salary!" :roll:

Rookie Salary cap is what I am saying.

Injuries happen so you cant figure that into the equation at all. But Rookies coming into the league should be limited to a percentage of league salary. There is no way that a guy coming out of college should make a 60 million dollar contract, when a guy that has been in the league for 5 years, stayed healthy and played every game is struggling to make 5 million. Force these guys to play for three years, stay healthy and prove how valuable they are before they get the big money!

I like the NBA Scale...

Stars get the money! Rookies get a taste untill they prove themselves!

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
you speak of "staying healthy" as if the players have absolute choice in that matter... if you got hurt at your job do you think you should be paid less?

if the first pick in the draft is going to command 60million and the team with that pick doesn't want to pay him that, they can easily trade away the pick... also if that 1st round pick isn't playing up to his contract he can get cut so the team doesn't have to pay him the full contract... it all works itself out in the end.

and if anyone here really thinks that most football players don't earn their money i ask you this: what's stopping you from going out there and being an NFL player? if you think it's easy money why don't you go do it yourself?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
squirreljack said:
and if anyone here really thinks that most football players don't earn their money i ask you this: what's stopping you from going out there and being an NFL player? if you think it's easy money why don't you go do it yourself?

That's not really a fair question. My job is not necessarily easy. The same can be said for many jobs. That does not mean those jobs deserve to get paid gaudy amounts of money. And only in sports is there such an asinine concept such as guaranteed money. Find me a job any where else in the world, on an individual level that guarantees you tens of millions of dollars before they know you can even perform in the job.

Reaction score
squirreljack said:
you speak of "staying healthy" as if the players have absolute choice in that matter... if you got hurt at your job do you think you should be paid less?

if the first pick in the draft is going to command 60million and the team with that pick doesn't want to pay him that, they can easily trade away the pick... also if that 1st round pick isn't playing up to his contract he can get cut so the team doesn't have to pay him the full contract... it all works itself out in the end.

I am pretty sure most of us would die to play in the NFL... but no one wants us

come on dude

meninblack2002

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree you definitely can't blame Jim Mora for the way things have gone, blame his predecessor and the organization. You' let one of the best offensive lineman getaway because we didn't pay him what he's worth remember Steve Hutchinson. The team needs a makeover starting with the receiving corp get rid of TJ, and Branch for more speed. These two guys get no separation, which leads to the offensive line having to block a little bit longer for the quarterback because our receivers can't separate from a defensive back. The seasons over its time to start playing those young receivers.

Reaction score
meninblack. I think you have that backwards. I think our receivers have trouble getting separation because Matt is scrambling for his life every play.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
squirreljack said:

Did rick mirer, or ryan leaf earn there money? Im not talking about injures, they happen. i am talking about paying a guy an 18 million dollar bonus and he turns out to be a bust. they need to show what they can do and than get paid. Why pay these guys for what they did in college?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Sam Bradford despite injuries could still be a great steal if he falls far enough. I do not expect us to toss aside Matt for a rookie, but I would like to see a QB like Bradford working alongside Teel as we groom them both behind Matt during his last seasons of his career.

First though whether a rookie or FA or both we have to address the O-Line now. Though I am disappointed in Jones I think he and Forsett can do much more behind a beefed up line and with a QB bringing production (which Matt can do with a better line).

I do not have much faith in the put a Rookie QB in and hope for the best routine, which is why I do not want to see the Hawks wait till they are ready to retire Matt before getting a QB. Give the young QB's a chance and some time on the sidelines before throwing them to the wolves with no support to speak of.

I guess I want this more after watching the Seahawks Texans game live. Wallace is not the answer, when he came in there I had to nearly bite my tongue off because a little girl was sitting in the row behind me. Wallace ran out of bounds when he should have thrown it away thus losing 5 yards on the punt position (amateur mistake). He followed that up with an intentional grounding dead center in the pocket, and I mean this one was so bad I was tearing at my hair (another amateur mistake).

I want to see some new young faces training behind Matt and competing for the future while we try to stay afloat rebuilding our line and staff (I am not so sure our staff will stay in place despite what our owner says). First thing is first, who will be our GM? Depending on who we get will decide their approach. Anyone hear anything outside the Holmgren rumors?

Top Bottom