• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A QB and CB away?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll add skill position player dynamic RB/WR to that list QB, CB, and we will be good to go.
Really like the defense, and it seems the line is improving each week. These next two games should be a good test of that.
Im with him on TJack though, not a good QB.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I wonder if by corner he means to replace Trufant or Browner ? I think Browner will figure it out very soon and Trufant seems to be a new man this season. I think drafting a CB is a great idea but its not needed as much as just getting Browner used to playing the NFL game. ET said he studied film on Ed Reed and Troy Polomalu this off season and wants to play at that elite level, this kid is the spark plug for this defense.

Not sure about the speed comment Baldwin Butler Tate and Obomanu all have wheels and then you have the bigs in Rice Williams and Stanbeck which combined gives the team many match up options.

I have yet to see much of this Washington and Forsett catching passes out of the backfield ? I've seen Forsett get smashed at the line and Washington used very little . And yes you can get RB's everywhere but how many are actually elite ? 5-6 ?

And just to come to TJs defense ( I know) He did make better choices with the ball , he ran when he should have and made plays with his arm. The falcons will blanket Rice so we'll see what he does this week.

I think to end this 5-21 on the road thing we need a smash mouth defense and I see it coming, slowly but surely.

Hope springs eternal.

Reaction score
A lot of that stuff is exactly what I've been thinking. Especially about the offensive line.. Although I'm not completely sold on Gallery and Carpenter right now. I think Carpenter might be best off at LG. We do have some fast players at skill positions though, they're just not getting much playing time (Tate, Baldwin, and Butler when he comes back). Also Leon Washington can obviously break big plays. Although I do agree we need one more speed in out of our starters, Marcus Lattimore out of South Carolina is projected as a 3rd-4th rounder I believe. And I also agree agree with him about Marshawn Lynch, he said he's not a huge believer in him... I'm actually a little more down on him than that.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He said Lynch was fine. And I think that's pretty accurate. Nothing to get excited about, but nothing to dread either (like we've had for the past 4-5 seasons). He's, well, fine.

Reaction score
He said Lynch was fine. And I think that's pretty accurate. Nothing to get excited about, but nothing to dread either (like we've had for the past 4-5 seasons). He's, well, fine.

Yes, but he also said he's "not a real believer.."

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said:
Marshawn Lynch is fine. I'm not a real believer. He has not done anything in three years except the one game everyone saw in playoffs. Eventually, you have to upgrade, but that is the easiest position to upgrade. That might be a third-round pick next year

Reaction score
Who gives a fuck what Matt Williamson says?? Marshawn is running behind one of the worst lines in football.... including college and high school.

He isn't a super star like AP, but not many backs in the league are. You put him behind a decent line and he is going to put up big numbers.

And did anyone see my boy Barkley this afternoon?? Torched AZ, put up some gawdy numbers. If we can't win the "Luck sweepstakes", I'd be very happy with drafting him. I'd take Barkley over Jackson or Whitehurst RIGHT NOW!! Straight up. I think the kid has some legit potential to shine in this league. He's no Kellen Moore (love that throwing motion), but I think he'll still be good.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Who gives a fuck what Matt Williamson says?? Marshawn is running behind one of the worst lines in football.... including college and high school.

He isn't a super star like AP, but not many backs in the league are. You put him behind a decent line and he is going to put up big numbers.

And did anyone see my boy Barkley this afternoon?? Torched AZ, put up some gawdy numbers. If we can't win the "Luck sweepstakes", I'd be very happy with drafting him. I'd take Barkley over Jackson or Whitehurst RIGHT NOW!! Straight up. I think the kid has some legit potential to shine in this league. He's no Kellen Moore (love that throwing motion), but I think he'll still be good.

I'm surprised the antenna on your trailer house picks up USC games, you must have lots of foil on that thing ?

Where were you last week when Chokely stunk it up ? On the roof adjusting that thar antanney ? Or did you wake up late in the bar parking lot with your pants down around your ankles and $ 20.00 stuffed in your mouth ?

nad0023

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm surprised the antenna on your trailer house picks up USC games, you must have lots of foil on that thing ?

Where were you last week when Chokely stunk it up ? On the roof adjusting that thar antanney ? Or did you wake up late in the bar parking lot with your pants down around your ankles and $ 20.00 stuffed in your mouth ?

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Lynch has no patience and no vision. He's not a bad back, but he will run straight into his blockers instead of looking for a cutback lane.

Reaction score
Haha Ida! Butt hurt much?? We all know you've got a man crush on your boy. I don't blaim ya, he is a bit on the femanine side. Plus hes got a horse face thing going on and we all know how much you "love" your animals out in Idaho. If Kellen Moore is soooo great why you always getting so excited and defensive? You got something to prove??

Yeah, Barlkey had a few bad plays last week. That was against a real team, in a real division. Not against some division 3 powder puff team like Nevada. And how'd your boy do? Barely threw for 100 yards and 2 tds 2 ints.... that's NFL material right there!

Outside of Idaho, you're the only person in the world that thinks Moore will be a better QB in the NFL.

Oh and good one on the antena bit. You gonna go with a "mommy joke" next??

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch has no patience and no vision. He's not a bad back, but he will run straight into his blockers instead of looking for a cutback lane.

Which is better than running backwards.

Williamson said he was fine. He is not a believer in that Lynch will never be an elite RB. He is average. He is fine.

Reaction score
I'm not saying we need to get rid of him right away... But there are some RBs that look pretty good that will be in the draft this year.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Until the line gets better, it doesn't really matter who is back there anyway. I like Lynch, he gets what he can get and gives 110% on every play.

S

Seattlehawk94

BULLSHIT...

We are a:

QB: Obvious
RB: Lynch is NEVER going to be a guy that put's fear in a defense
WR: Need a BURNER who's a TRUE #1 WR
LB: Yeah....
CB: DUH...
HC: Big Time

Other than that we are one player away...

Top Bottom