• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49'rs new coach will be

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren....That has been his dream job and he lives in San Francisco still.

The 49ers are starving for a winner they'll give him complete power.

One of his first moves will be to sign Hasselbeck and look for the 49ers to win the NFC West.

I hope I'm wrong.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, he lives in Cleveland and has a house in Sedona..

But as I said in the other thread...He can get out of Ctown and his contract if given full power...He'll get it in SF....He WILL sign Hass if we don't and with a good OL, RB corps, and WRs corps in SF along with a good defense made weak by it's QB turning the ball over so much they'll be a force...

Scary to think that ring those two were trying to get together might be "got" in SF and not Seattle...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
He also has a place in San Francisco. Saw someone on Softy's page post that and Softy confirm that. If he can get the 49ers job he will leave as that has always been his "dream" job.

With a good coach and someone who resembles a quarterback they can be scary good. Like you said Hasselbeck would actually have surrounding talent around him. Look at Kurt Warner in 2008 and 2009 with the Cardinals vs the Cardinals in 2005 and 2006 when they sucked or the Giants in 2004.

S

Seattlehawk94

He has his mom's house....He doesn't LIVE there though...

Reaction score
I almost hope that happens so they stick it to Paul Allen and his Star Trek team of douche bags!!

They fucked Holmy over and will probably do the same to Matt. This team is going to be reaping what they have sowed for many moons to come.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Holmgren is going to leave Cleveland after just taking the job in the front office. It just doesn't seem likely. SF 49ers won't give the guy full control either. He has that in Cleveland, only he has to live in Cleveland.

I do understand that it would be his dream job, but I am thinking he is done coaching forever.

S

Seattlehawk94

He has a list of teams he could leave the Browns for: Seahawks, Whiners, and Packers...It's very possible..

They'll give ONLY him full control...They won't give that power to anyone else...Add in the fact DeBartolo is going to be "advising" the Yorks on the next hire and Holmgren is one of Eddie's guys..

I almost hope that happens so they stick it to Paul Allen and his Star Trek team of douche bags!!

You are starting to sound like me my young apprentice.....Yeah, those D&D geek motherfuckers are the reason Holmey left...They couldn't boss him around and play "Moneyball" with his team, Moron Jr. was a favorite of those clowns because he'd hang around them and talk about how he leveled up on Magic The Gathering or some shit like that...

They fucked Holmy over and will probably do the same to Matt. This team is going to be reaping what they have sowed for many moons to come.

Probably....This team is fucking undisiplined and the "treat" this season was to send "funny"man Will Ferrell to scream at them (his version of comedy) and tell them he's a "friend of Pete" or some shit like that....

That and Matt gave Bush a jersey so I'm sure that grates on Coach Self Help and his Bill Clinton loving ass....Fuck this shit......People point out "Hutch" as the "downfall"...BULLSHIT....We made the Divisional Playoffs without him on more than one occassion----the DOWNFALL was Holmgren being shown the door---we had a bad injury riddled season in Holmey's last year but...

We would have rebuilt...Fisher, Cowher, and many other WINNING coaches had bad seasons in their runs but were given time to rebuild and WIN....They didn't let Holmgren get the chance to do that....We are fucked because of that.....

Reaction score
I agree man, this team lost it's identity after Holmgren left.

2008 was injury riddled. Burleson tears his ACL running on shit grass in buffalo (Canada?), Matt fucks his back, Big Walt gets hurt, etc etc etc etc... the only bright spot was Weaver that year and those faggots in the front office let him go. The team played their heart our for Mike in his last game, holding Brett Favre and the Jets to 3. One of the best Seahawks wins in recent memory for me. Hell they almost beat an 11-5 NE team if it wasn't for Mrs. Wallace fumbling the ball on the last drive.

I do like what Schneider and Pete did in the offseason with the exception of Whitehurst and a couple late round picks. Definite upgrade over Ruskell and Mora, but it's not Holmgren and never will be.

S

Seattlehawk94

Seahawks | Mike Holmgren says he learned from mistakes as Seahawks general manager | Seattle Times Newspaper

Does this sound like a guy done as an HC? "awww I dunno"...

If he wasn't thinking about one last tour on the sidelines he'd shoot it down...He never WANTED to leave Seattle...He just wanted the ownership to consult with him...Not only did they not do that----but....They hired a "coach in waiting" in Moron Jr. to report everything that was going on in the locker room to them further underminding his authority...

He's coming back....And he's going to pound on us like we are his worst enemies everytime he plays us..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Good coach, sure. Good GM? Meh. Jury's still out on the "I learned some lessons." This whole "total control" thing has yet to work out with resounding success for any team that I'm aware of.

Our biggest downfall was not that we let Holmgren go, it was that we hired a GM that was not compatible with Holmgren. Had we gotten a GM that acts in the way that Schneider does with Carroll, I think we would be in a very good place right now. But Ruskell and Holmgren couldn't have been more different.

Reaction score
Yes Holmgren was a football genius who's won a SB w/ GB and almost one with us. Ruskell is a weasel maggot douche bag who doesn't know shit about football...evident from our current holdovers.

Elkaholic

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;52748 said:

Lets not forget Mora, which was a disaster from the start. NEVER name a new head coach while you still have one of the best!

I was banned from the "state of Football" site for a while for speaking my mind on that one. I stated that they basicaly Screwed Jim Mora only giving him one year. Then yes,they dissed Holmgren again

Harbaugh new Niners coach. Sure hope Luck doesn't change his mind while their coach talks the Niners into buying the first pick!!

Reaction score
Harbaugh is a really good hire. The 9ers are actually going to use all of that talent that they have on offense next year.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
What would be fishy? It isn't like Luck can declare and suddenly go to the 9ers. And it is even legal for the 9ers and Panthers to work something out this far before draft day?

Top Bottom