• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2nd/3rd Round: Bobby Wagner, LB & Russell Wilson, QB

Reaction score
Thoughts?

I'm personally not a fan of Russell Wilson because of his height, but he can be a Seneca Wallace style backup for Flynn.

Idahawk

Reaction score
With Kellen Moore , you would have had a local guy that would have fans excited and had a far better record and higher FIQ . Wilson is just that, Applesauce 2.0 .You were all worried height and now you got one even smaller than Moore . Its a joke IMO .

Reaction score
Waste of a 3rd round pick. shouldve grabbed Polk. Would've been a good back up for Marshawn.

As much as i hate to partially agree with Ida, he's way too short to play QB in this league. If he was about 3 inches taller, he might develop into a good QB one day. I do not have high hopes for this kid. I predict Portis beats him out for the 3rd QB spot.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Just to stick up for the kid, I hear his football IQ is off the charts. I view him as about the same as Moore. That said, I think the 3rd is too early.

Paybacktimes

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know but if you look at what they say about him, "He led the nation with a 191.8 rating last season, completing 72.8 percent of his passes for 3,175 yards with 33 touchdowns and four interceptions. He added 338 rushing yards with an average of 4.3 per carry, while scoring six TDs with another coming on one of his three receptions. That athleticism was on display during the combine as Wilson was among the best at his position in the 40-yard dash (4.55 seconds), three-cone drill (6.97) and 20-yard shuttle (4.09). He also had a 34-inch vertical leap and 118-inch broad jump." those are some good numbers and some strong accuracy, so if he can do that at the collegiate level with a little help I think he could be a great backup that could prove allot of people wrong. Consistency is one of the main things we need in order to make a push into the playoffs.

RachelleKay12

Huddler
Reaction score
Quite surprised by this choice, but I think he has potential to be a good, long term backup QB, maybe someday starter. My only real worry is that he is as tall as I am...

Reaction score
Wagner had a ridiculous combine/pro day... ran a 4.46, benched 225 25 times, 11' broad jump, 39" verticle, 7.09 3 cone drill. I'm still pretty sure Kendryks was tthe guy they wanted, but they were looking to get faster/more athletic in the front seven and they've done that so far. I want to see a running back today, hopefully a guy that can take over for Forsett and be a threat for a big gainer everytime he touches the ball.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Both good players.

Think Bobby will be like KJ possibily even better. Lengthy and can cover lots of feild, but I think he can get after the Qb and brings the wood!

Russell Wilson, Im already sick of hearing about his height. Seneca Wallace is not a appropriate comparison, yes he is shorter and can run, but only does so when needed.
Theres is so much more to a QB then height and arm strength.
He set a NCAA record of pass attempts inbetween interceptions. That is amazing.

Great QB pick, leagues ahead of K. Moore. Portis or TJack will be sent packing unfortunetly.

briwas101

Huddler
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this board. I gotta say i enjoy seeing some seahawks fans that are not afraid to say something negative.
Over at .net EVERY person on the board says that EVERY draft pick we make will be an above-average starter at least, and most of them will be probowlers and half of them will go to the HOF.

I dont HATE the russell pick, because i think he will be an average backup and he wont be costing us $4m per season like Whitehurst. But its amazing how ridiculously delusional all the people on .net are. Most of the people are saying that Wilson is already one of the 10 best QBs in the nfl and how he will be in the HOF.

So thank you everyone for having common sense!

Reaction score
I really like a lot of our picks, but I'm not even sure we got a starter day one from any of those picks. Irvin isn't going to start over Bryant or Clemons, doesn't mean he won't be productive though. And Wagner will have to beat out Barrett Ruud.

Reaction score
Just a tad. Pete did say recently in an interview that Ruud is still rehabing from his injury.

Reaction score
I had no idea his injury was so severe... Or injuries I suppose in this case. Knee, groin and shoulder injuries. Good that they're being caeful with him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Irvin wont be the starter, but he wasnt brought in for that, he was brought in for one purpose: kill QB.

I think wagner will be a starter, at Mike, but possibly at the WIL.

Top Bottom