• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 Walter has us taking

Reaction score
FUCK Cam Newton!! That cheating faggot.

"He had no idea his dad was pimping him around" Bullshit!! He knew, and the crooked ass NCAA and BCS are going to let him play because of the money the Natty is going to bring in.

btw, I am being totally objective here ; )

Reaction score
Walter has us taking..... DL, LB, CB, OL, FB, QB, K, WR, WR, WR, WR, WR, WR....

whole fucking team needs replacing.... you can't lose to the 49ers... they are coached by a fucking moron! The Panthers beat them for petes sake!

Reaction score
btw, there is no way we draft Locker at 15!! I like the kid, but he is far from being NFL ready.

but then again, we did give up a 2nd round pick for Whitehurst.

Reaction score
#ONE;52263 said:
FUCK Cam Newton!! That cheating faggot.

"He had no idea his dad was pimping him around" Bullshit!! He knew, and the crooked ass NCAA and BCS are going to let him play because of the money the Natty is going to bring in.

btw, I am being totally objective here ; )
I don't think him receiving money affected how he played, but it does show the type of guy he is.

#ONE;52265 said:
btw, there is no way we draft Locker at 15!! I like the kid, but he is far from being NFL ready.

but then again, we did give up a 2nd round pick for Whitehurst.
If they draft a QB it makes them look like morons for trading for Whitehurst. Especially if they re-sign Hasselbeck, draft a QB in the 1st and don't use Whitehurst next season.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18;52259 said:
I want to believe in Locker. I feel he should get the same benefit of the doubt we give Hasselbeck.

Uh....Jakemarcus hasn't thrown an NFL pass....Matthew took OUR team to the Superbowl....No benefit of the doubt, he's hasn't earned shit to get it...

If this asshat becomes a Seahawk I'll make it a personal mission to drive the fucker insane to the point of requesting a trade....I know alot of Coug and Duck Seahawks fans that will follow my lead....

He's not a pro QB...He's not a CFL QB...He's Josh Overhypel Part: II, a no talent, no arm, whiteboy hybrid QB with no smarts....

I'd take Leinhart before that jackass....Shit...I'd ALMOST take Whitecursed before him....And we know the only time I'd cheer for Whitecursed is if he's on a cart with no pulse being littered to an amubulance at Qwest after a vicious hit...And the only reason I'd be cheering for that would be because I knew he'd never be able to polute my team again...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52293 said:
Uh....Jakemarcus hasn't thrown an NFL pass....Matthew took OUR team to the Superbowl....No benefit of the doubt, he's hasn't earned shit to get it...

If this asshat becomes a Seahawk I'll make it a personal mission to drive the fucker insane to the point of requesting a trade....I know alot of Coug and Duck Seahawks fans that will follow my lead....

He's not a pro QB...He's not a CFL QB...He's Josh Overhypel Part: II, a no talent, no arm, whiteboy hybrid QB with no smarts....

I'd take Leinhart before that jackass....Shit...I'd ALMOST take Whitecursed before him....And we know the only time I'd cheer for Whitecursed is if he's on a cart with no pulse being littered to an amubulance at Qwest after a vicious hit...And the only reason I'd be cheering for that would be because I knew he'd never be able to polute my team again...
Although I have agreed with a lot of your posts lately...especially all of your posts on the stupid QB change thread, I dont completely agree with this one.

True, Locker has not earned the benefit of the doubt from the way he has played in college. But no arm and no talent? If anything knock his decision making and accuracy. I have watched him play since high school and the talent is definitely there, even though he has had a pretty disappointing college career. I do think he will be a very good NFL QB but in time...but hes not ready right now.

Reaction score
I was going to say something about that too.. He's got a strong arm, so do Whitehurst and Jamarcus Russell. You can't LEARN accuracy.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
First off, the benefit of the doubt remark refers to the fact that Locker has been surrounded by shitty players, shitty lines, etc. We make those excuses for Hasselbeck, so Locker should get the same benefit of the doubt.

Secondly, the remark about not being able to learn accuracy is, well, um, wrong. Of course you can learn accuracy. Look at Michael Vick. Look at any kid that gets better from when they first throw a ball to until they turn pro. I'm not saying there isn't a point that the learning curve is maxed out, but you can always learn to your potential.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;52298 said:
I was going to say something about that too.. He's got a strong arm, so do Whitehurst and Jamarcus Russell. You can't LEARN accuracy.
I dont at all agree with the comparison to either of those two. I think a lot of Jakes problems in college have been his surroundings. Bad line, average receivers at best, and a terrible defense that forces him to play catchup a lot of the time. It has been that way for him throughout his entire college career.

He has had his own issues don't get me wrong because he has made plenty of mistakes. I just think if you put him in a system like Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, etc. his numbers are completely different including his completion percentage. That can be said for most QB's, but if that were the case we would be talking about Locker as probably the best player in all of college football.

We have seen time and time again how a lot of successful college QB's fail in the NFL. College stats for QB's have a lot to do with the program's system. Is this always true, no. But with a guy like Locker and after seeing him play since he was a freshman in high school, I am confident he will be a very good NFL QB in time...he definitely has the talent.

S

Seattlehawk94

When I was ripping his arm it's more about where his arm is putting the ball and the fact he makes stupid mistakes...Flip kinda completed what I was saying..

You CAN learn accuracy but....They are the exception to the rule....My issue with Fake is the fact he doesn't know how to checkdown (okay, once..In the last Apple Cup..but otherwise...), that is the basis for a great QB....Maybe I've studied the Holmgren WCO books too long but timing, tempo, and checkdowns are what make great QBs not "arm strength"...Arm strength is like Happy Gilmore after he's on the fairway and greens...All muscle no mind....Alot of PP&K kids can throw a ball a long way...Doesn't make them NFL QBs....

Reaction score
Number 18;52300 said:
First off, the benefit of the doubt remark refers to the fact that Locker has been surrounded by shitty players, shitty lines, etc. We make those excuses for Hasselbeck, so Locker should get the same benefit of the doubt.

Secondly, the remark about not being able to learn accuracy is, well, um, wrong. Of course you can learn accuracy. Look at Michael Vick. Look at any kid that gets better from when they first throw a ball to until they turn pro. I'm not saying there isn't a point that the learning curve is maxed out, but you can always learn to your potential.

Locker had some talent at the skill positions this year.

Fair point about accuracy, but if he's inaccurate in college there's a ton of work to do to be accurate in the NFL. Vick still isn't all that accurate, he doesn't need to be. Teams have to play zone against him, he just learned how to read defenses much better and he understands the game much better.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;52301 said:
I dont at all agree with the comparison to either of those two. I think a lot of Jakes problems in college have been his surroundings. Bad line, average receivers at best, and a terrible defense that forces him to play catchup a lot of the time. It has been that way for him throughout his entire college career.

He has had his own issues don't get me wrong because he has made plenty of mistakes. I just think if you put him in a system like Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, etc. his numbers are completely different including his completion percentage. That can be said for most QB's, but if that were the case we would be talking about Locker as probably the best player in all of college football.

We have seen time and time again how a lot of successful college QB's fail in the NFL. College stats for QB's have a lot to do with the program's system. Is this always true, no. But with a guy like Locker and after seeing him play since he was a freshman in high school, I am confident he will be a very good NFL QB in time...he definitely has the talent.

I wasn't comparing Locker to those guys, I was just pointing out that arm strength alone won't make a good qb.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Fenom;52250 said:
A few of those picks just don't make any sense. Especially the Cardinals drafting a WR in the 1st instead of a QB.

Well looking at the coach it is probably spot on. Coach Wiz is a vet QB guy. Even the NFL shows say AZ will go Def or WR not QB they will look via FA for that.

S

Seattlehawk94

If you want to know the truth I can see Wiz going out and looking at Carson Daily or McKnobbob...

Top Bottom