• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 Draft Strategy...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Felix turns 25 like any day now. He has an April birthday I know that. Well Earl Thomas was a pro bowl alternate right?

Just busting your chops there Bob nice Sig.

hydroboy40

Huddler
Reaction score
Patriots:
(Trade 1st) Move down 8 picks to #33
(Trade 2nd) Move down 3 picks to #60
Receive a 3rd Round Pick

Broncos:
(Trade 1st) Move down 11 picks to #36
Receive a 3rd Round Pick

Both trades aren't that great in my opinion. They should at least receive a 2012 2nd round pick in both trade scenarios.
With the patriots having 2- 2nd round picks AND 2- 3rd round picks, would trading our 1st and#156(lower of our 2- 5th rnd picks) for thier #33(1st pick in the 2nd round) AND #74(higher 3rd rnd pick) Make sense?[we would then have 2-2nd rounders-#33,57, a 3rd rnd-#74,a 4th rnd- #99, 5th rnd-157] The value points are 750 to their 800

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If one of the two top rated gaurds, or DL on your board are available at 25, I say you pull the trigger, not a bad option verses moving down, although more picks would be nice... Thinking Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordon, Stephen Pea, Danny Walkins, Mike Pouncey, would be great additions to the team. Christen Ponder, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett also may be option there if QB is priority with FO and those guys check out, though decent OG/OT/QB will be available in the 2nd.

hydroboy40

Huddler
Reaction score
If one of the two top rated gaurds, or DL on your board are available at 25, I say you pull the trigger, not a bad option verses moving down, although more picks would be nice... Thinking Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordon, Stephen Pea, Danny Walkins, Mike Pouncey, would be great additions to the team. Christen Ponder, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett also may be option there if QB is priority with FO and those guys check out, though decent OG/OT/QB will be available in the 2nd.
According to many of the mock drafts-a lot of the players you mentioned should be available in the 2nd round

Reaction score
No Wag you're wrong man!! Charlie is great. Give the kid a chance. He played great in Clemson. He did really good in SD for 3 years holding the clipboard - I've never seen anyone wear a ball cap and hold a clipboard with that much poise. Did you not see that one bomb he threw against the Giants in garbage time, when we were already down by 40+?? Did you not see him single handedly win that Rams game for us?? He had so many nice 2-3 yard passes to the flats. He also scrambled a lot, after seeing his first read was covered. Them are some great instincts.

Btw, my name is SuperDuperUltraMegaHAWKguy193847464646, and I've been a Seahawk fan since 2005 ; )

Reaction score
Thats what happens man... we start talking about draft and then it turns into whose mom has the best pancake recipe. I am to blame for a lot of these unfortunately.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
According to many of the mock drafts-a lot of the players you mentioned should be available in the 2nd round

Nah I'd say 2 of that list will be 2nd round, one being a QB, but the rest are mid to late first round.

The DE talent is deep and elite so if a #4th or 5th ranked DE falls to us (aldon smith) it would be a good pick.

LOL @ #ONE, is there more then one pancake recipe? And gotta luv UltraMegaHawkfan 2005.

IN CHUCK WE TRUST.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Nah I'd say 2 of that list will be 2nd round, one being a QB, but the rest are mid to late first round.

The DE talent is deep and elite so if a #4th or 5th ranked DE falls to us (aldon smith) it would be a good pick.

LOL @ #ONE, is there more then one pancake recipe? And gotta luv UltraMegaHawkfan 2005.

IN CHUCK WE TRUST.

DE is not deep in talent just tons of them, and being there's nothing else to talk about in this draft they talk about all the DEs

With this labor mess I can't see any major plays made by any teams I think the draft class is ok , not worth packaging picks ect . Thing about is that if we take a qb it's all about rebuilding and two years at least , I think 2 years is where were at anyway, so no big deal. If we don't take a QB then it's another shot a deal with MH or spending 2012 picks on Kolb

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
DE is not deep in talent just tons of them, and being there's nothing else to talk about in this draft they talk about all the DEs

Yeah, tons of talented DE means it is deep, so thanks for proving my point idaspud. There will be at least 15 DE taken in the first two rounds, that is deep and elite, and though draft might not be stellar, there is good mid round value in the following positions: QB, DL, OT, RB, WR,

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Just because there are a lot of DEs available does not necessarily mean they are elite talents. You are talking quality vs. quantity and there may or may not be a correlation.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hello.??? Parlez vous Francaise?? When most mock drafts have 15 (like 10 in the first round) DE in the first 2 rounds, then yeah id say there's talent there, maybe elite, is too strong of word but it goes good with deep. DEEP AND ELITE. I think Quin, Watt, Jordan, Smith, will all be starters in the league for many years barring injuries, and likely pro-bowl level.

And dont tell me its because the rest of the class is sub par....

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hello.??? Parlez vous Francaise?? When most mock drafts have 15 (like 10 in the first round) DE in the first 2 rounds, then yeah id say there's talent there, maybe elite, is too strong of word but it goes good with deep. DEEP AND ELITE. I think Quin, Watt, Jordan, Smith, will all be starters in the league for many years barring injuries, and likely pro-bowl level.

And dont tell me its because the rest of the class is sub par....

Speaking of deep!

Well at least you backed off elite , I was going to suggest some spuds , and the b- 12 and omega fatty acids they bring for your brain if you didn't

And I won't say the rest are sub par , only that a shit load more DEs left college this year then most .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If your trying to convince everyone "potatoes are healthy and make you smart" then you are clearly getting high on your own supply.

Mike Pouncey- I got a big man crush on this guy for our #25. If he gets to to us, think of that line up:
Okung-Pouncey-Spencer?-Unger-Willis ( I like willis at RT) not bad.

And with our 2nd pick we could get a DE/QB/OT depending on where we pick... where do we pick??

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think it's line help all the way , but best available player at 25 so we could roll with o line or d line .

I think there will be a run on QBs at the top of the draft again this year .

Well I'm no potato expert , matter of fact there's no Idaho potato farm with in 500 miles of where I live. Just like theres no Nazis or any other ignorant stereo types you associate with Idaho. And if you can find a veggie that makes you smarter , please have seconds.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Well I'm no potato expert , matter of fact there's no Idaho potato farm with in 500 miles of where I live. Just like theres no Nazis or any other ignorant stereo types you associate with Idaho. And if you can find a veggie that makes you smarter , please have seconds.

We'll apperently a potato is not that "fruit" huh boss?

Reaction score
What part of Idaho are you from? I've been to Coeur D'alene several times and I've seen a few skinheads and Nazis. Plus look at the attempted MLK parade bombing... suspect? Nazi from Northern Idaho.

Still beautiful country though.

Idahawk

Reaction score
What part of Idaho are you from? I've been to Coeur D'alene several times and I've seen a few skinheads and Nazis. Plus look at the attempted MLK parade bombing... suspect? Nazi from Northern Idaho.

Still beautiful country though.

Really a skinhead and a Nazi ? How did you know he was Nazi was he dressed like hitler or something?

Last time I was in Oregon , I saw a dreadlock wearing hippie smoking weed and a duck fan crying cause Boise State home of the finest potatoes in the world, just whooped Em ! Lol

And the bomber was from Colville Washington , via Yakima Washington and it was in Spokane Washington

Top Bottom