• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Worst possible player at #6

Who's the worst possible player at #6?

• Eric Berry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Bulaga

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Derrick Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C.J. Spiller

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Trent Williams

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
POLL:

Of the players that are being talked about the Seahawks taking at #6, who would be the worst to take?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Taking the 3rd- or 4th-best player at his postion (at best... I think Bulaga will actually end up being the best G in this draft) at #6 is a horrendous move. The expected difference between Bulaga and a few guys that will be there at 14 is zero. Why take a guy at 6 when you can get someone just as good at 14? I don't get it.

As for Spiller - I don't know if he'll last to 14 or not, but I don't expect him to be another Chris Johnson. Aside from needing upgrades elsewhere, there are several RBs that offer similar capabilities (Best and Matthews at least) that will be available later. I won't go so far as to say he and Forsett are the same kind of runner. THEY AREN'T. Forsett is relatively slow on all-out speed... 4.55 40 time. Johnson does give that 60 yard run threat that Justin doesn't really offer. But... they do similar quickness. Forsett can turn a no-gain until 5 or 7 yards very well outside of the tackles. We need the guy that can turn a no-gain on short yardage into 1 or 2 yards for a 1st down or TD. Am I wrong there?

GO SEAHAWKS! I can't wait for Tuesday and Thursday to get here.

Reaction score
D Hawk;47358 said:
Taking the 3rd- or 4th-best player at his postion (at best... I think Bulaga will actually end up being the best G in this draft) at #6 is a horrendous move. The expected difference between Bulaga and a few guys that will be there at 14 is zero. Why take a guy at 6 when you can get someone just as good at 14? I don't get it.

As for Spiller - I don't know if he'll last to 14 or not, but I don't expect him to be another Chris Johnson. Aside from needing upgrades elsewhere, there are several RBs that offer similar capabilities (Best and Matthews at least) that will be available later. I won't go so far as to say he and Forsett are the same kind of runner. THEY AREN'T. Forsett is relatively slow on all-out speed... 4.55 40 time. Johnson does give that 60 yard run threat that Justin doesn't really offer. But... they do similar quickness. Forsett can turn a no-gain until 5 or 7 yards very well outside of the tackles. We need the guy that can turn a no-gain on short yardage into 1 or 2 yards for a 1st down or TD. Am I wrong there?

GO SEAHAWKS! I can't wait for Tuesday and Thursday to get here.
I picked Bulaga for the same reason.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd be upset with Spiller but understand if the coaches think he is it... he could be gone at 14. I'd be livid with Bulaga.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Mullester;47408 said:
Easy Mays.

Well.... yeah. He'd be bad at #14. That's why he wasn't on the list. Tebow would be worse than Mays though. what about Claussen... maybe he should be on the list.

Top Bottom