• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

World Series

Who wins and in how many games?

• Phillies in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yankees in 4

• Phillies in 5

• Phillies in 6

• Phillies in 7

• Total voters
Reaction score
The stage is set the Phillies will go for the repeat against the 26 time champion Yankees. Who do you think will win the series?

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Re: Worls Series

This should be a very high scoring series. 2 high powered offenses in 2 undersized ballparks.

Here's how I see things:

Offense: a SLIGHT edge to the Phillies because they not only hurt you with power (like we all know the Yankees can), but they also can beat yo on the basepaths.

Defense:
This one is really no contest. Phillies by a mile. The only advantage the Yankees have is at first. Out side of that their out field and infield have far inferiror range and Johnny Damon's arm in left is an absoulte joke... He throws like a little girl. Although something to keep in mind is that the Angels were a far superior defensive team and they made all kinds of mistakes in the field which ultimatley lead to their undoing.

Starting Pitching:
Well the first two matchups will be interesting.... Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels are probably a better 1-2 combo than CC and Burnett especially because the yankee line up features a lot of left handed/switch hitters. But after that the depth for each team really falls off (which is why the Yankees have decided to go with a 3 man rotation). This one is close... I'm slightly leaning towards New York because CC may get a chance to pitch 3 times.

Bullpen:
Suprizingly the Philles bullpen has been great this post season. And really the middle relief hasn't been their issue it's been Lidge's inability to close games out. On the other side you have a bullpen that has really taken off since Phil Hughes was placed out there and the most reliable closer (especially in the post season) in the league. Mariano Rivera amazes me... He throws two pitches and they're both fastballs.... How he's had so much success is amazing to me. Ok this one is really not that close. Yankees

Managers:
Well this is Girardi's first go around in the playoffs as an MLB manager. And now he's heading to the biggest stage there is and under the constant scrutany of the New York media you can rest assured he is very nervous. Meanwhile Charlie Manuel has been here and done this before... He did it last year. Even if this were a regular season match-up I'd take Manuel. Advantage Phillies.

Ok
so
offense-Phillies just slightly
defense- Phillies by a mile
Starting pitching- Yankees just barely
Bullpen- Yankees by quite a bit
and Managers- Phillies

I'm going to say Philles in 7. What the hell, right? Lets make this interesting. :D

Reaction score
Re: Worls Series

PHILLIES!!!! cuz i hate godamn new yerk yankme's

i mean theres other reasons but that one matters most.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I will and if they win I'll continue picking against them because I hate them with a passion.

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger said:
I will and if they win I'll continue picking against them because I hate them with a passion.

Second that....

Hard to root against the THIS YEAR ONLY Spankers because that was my brother's team but....Wherever he is, I know he's pissed about tonight's game right now...

Top Bottom