• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Welcome to the Sho(Ware Centre)

S

Seattlehawk94

I had the happiness of actually watching a pro sports game played in my hometown by the Seattle Thunderbirds for the first time this weekend..Let me say, Kent did it right...Here's a little primer on ShoWare Center and the ins and outs of going to a game in Kent....

Traffic: I live just up the hill so it's about 5 minutes away in a car for me..James St. was very open even with a sellout crowd, went the next time in a snow storm and it was still pretty easy to get in a out of there...

Parking: FREE! That's right...FREE! No paying for parking at a sporting event! Farthest walk is a block..Shortest walk is 100 yards...No parking fees even in the arena lot!

Pre-Game: I hit Kent Station which is becoming a mecca for South King/North Pierce, ate a nice bowl of chowdah at Duke's and had a damn good steak to go with it...Nothing beat's Duke's Chowdah, best in the world...Had a cup of Starbucks for the walk on Sunday in the snow and the whole Kent Station Ram had NFL/WHL fans packing the place from what I saw. Looks like Duke's and the Ram are the winners for Pre-Game eats and drinks...

Arena:
Concourse: Wide and open, there is a Thunderbirds Team Store right in front at the main entrance, good stuff...Picked up an embroidered hoody with the logo and "Thunderbirds" on it for only $50..Not bad..

Food: Sucks....Only issue is the normal stadium food...Looks to me like they need to branch out alittle on eats, ALMOST as bad as KeyArena.

Beer: Macrobrews, Pyramid Hefe, Red Hook, Alaskan Amber...Really not many choices. Beer cuts off at the 15:00 mark of the 3rd.

Sightlines: EXCELLENT! It's an NHL bowl without a second deck, really great views.

Seats: Comfy...Very comfy....30 inches of butt room, stadium seating, and room to walk without feeling like you are on a highwire trying to get by someone. Aisles are made of hockey, halfway down from the last right row/halfway up from the first row, every section has it's own aisles.

Replay Board/Sound: LCD Video, great sound, everything perfectly done here!

Bathrooms: Clean, Large, Plentiful...

Game Presentation: Same as a regular T-Birds game, THANK GOD! Didn't change one thing.

Banners: The US/Western Conference title banners are up as well as Goodall's jersey.

Smoking: You smokers are going to have to walk around if you are on the Penalty Box side, there is only one place to do that.

Traffic Leaving: In spite of everyone going at the same time it's very easy to get out....No problems even in the snow.

After Game: Again, Kent Station Ram is the place to be!

Misc:
Highest Price Tix $30 average about $22, not a bad seat in the house.

Great venue...Hope to see some of you there sometime! Let me know if you go, I'll meet up with ya for a brew or something!

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Go if you get a chance...It's worth it...

Top Bottom