• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

we really started slacking on this, but game 162: the finale

Reaction score
Mariners: 84-77
Rangers: 86-75

Will it be Griffey's last game? How will Felix pitch with all the Cy Young talk?

Even though we aren't playoff bound I love the direction this team is going in, and this season was a huge success.

Reaction score
Ill take felix for 500 please bob.

I want felix to win that Cy Young so bad! theres only one way i see that happening...No hitter, 12k's no walks...well at least thats my dream.

But one way i see it happening is he gets the W gives up at most 1 ER k's 10 and goes 8 innings. Gives him tie for wins, least amount of losses, good amount of k's 2nd in ERA, and a no hitter to finish the season...
Also! sign him to a huge contract please! he's the only way we will have a decent future.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Felix has arbitration after this season so he's going to get a contract extension.... That's actually the reason I don't want him to win thw cy young because that means what's sure to be an already huge contract will turn into a gigantic one.

Reaction score
That is true, i guess i gotta factor that in there. Well lets just get him signed thats my biggest worry this offseason.

well i have a few others, but felix, 3rd base, catcher are the big issues this off season. I know what i would do to fix it but i hope big Z has big plans this winter to help this team reach the top.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I hope we re-sign Beltre... He should be pretty cheap and I think he'll finally be healthy.

Reaction score
Branyan should be back, Z likes him, and he can hit very well in the safe as we saw this year, and i watched carp play, he's got a decent glove, and with a bit more time his bat should come around, he's got good power. But our outfield D is gonna be awesome next year just as it was this year, remember we still have Endy Chavez! that guy was tearing it up before yuni the destroyer took him out...god im glad that guy is gone!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
lol well we might not have Chavez back until a month or two into the season. Remember it's about a year recovery time.

Reaction score
Almost game time! lets go Felix!!!!! gonna bring a tear to my eye, i hate the end of baseball season.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I know, me too... But I'm already looking forward to next year and the off season... Can't wait to see how Z improves this team this year.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Man I love baseball... I miss it already... I know it's not over, but we're not in the playoffs.

S

Seattlehawk94

And somehow Wak isn't getting hype for AL MOTY...

He was THE BEST Manager in the AL this season, bar none...That's a 50 game swing...UNREAL!

Guy really turned this thing around....Bring back JR for one more year, let him have a full offseason with no surgery and let him hang around to lead this group again...Hell, give him a contract through 2011 in which he can get to 3,000 hits....He doesn't have to play everyday but shit...

Junior for this year alone (let alone his whole career here) should be able to name the terms of how he goes out...

He's had a tough season BA wise but...Look at his last week? The power is still there...He still rises to big moments (See: PH HR) and he still is JR....

KGJ is and always will be a National Treasure and the greatest CLEAN Homerun hitter EVER....Screw Aaron....If Junior never played in Cincy he'd never have had that self doubt and those injuries...* wouldn't be in the record books and JR would be the All-Time HR King...

Only player JR is behind as a HR hitter in my mind is Ruth....In terms of clutch....Derrick Jeter is the only player I'd rather have in a batters box EVER than KGJ...

Bring back the Kid! (don't I say this EVERY offseason?)

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
HOw are you so sure Wak won't be AL MOTY? He's very much in the discussion along with Girardi (who doesn't deserve it) and Ron Washington (I can see how he would deserve it). But under Wak this teams win % incresed by .148. By far the biggest increase in the majors.

S

Seattlehawk94

Because most writers I know and have talked to are saying Joey Joe Joe Shabado is going to get it...

Wak did a great job but...It's like the Beauty Contest Scores in CFB...A bunch of lEast Coast Writer Assholes who are too drunk to watch our "late" games.

Top Bottom