• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Washburn shipped to 'Mo Town

Reaction score
The Mariners have traded SP Jarrod Washburn to the Tigers for two minor league prospects. Luke French and Mauricio Robles. The trade deadline ends at 4 PM today.

Reaction score
I'm not too happy about this... First bad move Z has made IMO.

Also he was listening to deals for Felix?!?! He should be untouchable.

Reaction score
Dude bob this is a great move!!!! read about it a little bit before you bash it. French is what wash was years ago, and we get him basicly for free for the next 6 years!!!! And the other pitcher we got is pretty decent as well, Fastball in the low 90's.

And dont forget, wash is a free agent at the end of the year, so we could actually pick him back up, and for cheaper, who knows. He loves it in seattle and seattle some what loves him.
Just trust me this was a great move, we were going no where, so now we have two new starting pitchers and a couple future starters, plus a decent bull pen arm.

And i dont know if Z is done dealing yet, remember we still have alot of great arms in the bullpen we could move.

Reaction score
This isn't a bad trade at all. The M's are 8 games back and look like they won't be able to catch the division leader or wild card leader.

Now the M's have French, Snell, Rowland-Smith, Vargas and Felix Hernandez. If Bedard would actually heal and get past the 3rd inning we will have a good starting pitching rotation.

After this season Washburn will be a FA unless he signs with the Tigers. His family lives here and he wants to play here so resigning Washburn after trading him seems like a possibility.

I wouldn't doubt that Z does some more dealing before 1pm PST. We have more players who we can trade and I really would love it if the M's can actually get a really good young catcher who has some pop.

Reaction score
This Robles kid that we got from thier farm system is pretty good actually the more i read about him. Scouts are saying he's easliy one of the top 5 playes in the tigers minor league system...thats out of all the players.

Robles is 20 years old. He was promoted earlier this year from Single A West Michigan to Single A Lakeland. That's a big step for a kid who can't yet buy a drink.

And yet he has flourished. He has 40 strikeouts in 35 innings and only 14 walks. He had a 4-2 record and a 3.60 earned-run average.

TIgers fans and writers are already cringing over the deal of losing robles lol so just let this pan out a little bit and you'll see bro, it'll be good.

Reaction score
Pitching like an ace and being an ace are two different things. Plus wash is a fly ball pitcher and with our outfield it will make any pitcher look great. We have a great defense and thats what has helped wash out alot, pitching to contact because your confident in who you have behind you can do wonders for a pitcher. Just like an offensive line can do wonders for a running back its close to the same concept.

Reaction score
HawksFan83 said:
Pitching like an ace and being an ace are two different things. Plus wash is a fly ball pitcher and with our outfield it will make any pitcher look great. We have a great defense and thats what has helped wash out alot, pitching to contact because your confident in who you have behind you can do wonders for a pitcher. Just like an offensive line can do wonders for a running back its close to the same concept.
At the same time you'd have to think he was working his butt off to get a new contract too or at least a fat contract from some other team.

Reaction score
HawksFan83 said:

That might be true, but don't take away from what he's done. He's been a poor man's Roy Halladay. I really hope we won't be seeing Olson start again...

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
HawksFan83 said:

That might be true, but don't take away from what he's done. He's been a poor man's Roy Halladay. I really hope we won't be seeing Olson start again...
Me too. He has done good coming out of the bullpen, but has done horrible starting. I'd rather have Morrow up there than Olson. :lol:

The rotation should include Felix Hernandez, Ryan-Rowland Smith, Lucas French, Ian Snell and Jason Vargas soon. Erik Bedard and his "shoulder inflammation" problems are getting annoying. Maybe this time he will come back healthy and hopefully he can actually get past the 3rd inning.

Reaction score
I think Rowland-Smith's performances his last couple outings made this trade happen. Bedard will be gone next year so hopefully that enables us to get Beltre and Felix signed long term and able to bring in a bat and maybe bring Wash back.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I think I'm glad it is the first day of training camp so we don't have to worry about this MLB nonsense anymore.
Same here. Now that the M's are done for the season we can change our focus from them to the Seahawks.

Hopefully Seahawks.com has a video or some pics later on tonight of the first day.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Number 18 said:
I think I'm glad it is the first day of training camp so we don't have to worry about this MLB nonsense anymore.
Same here. Now that the M's are done for the season we can change our focus from them to the Seahawks.

Hopefully Seahawks.com has a video or some pics later on tonight of the first day.

What are you talking about? They're hardly out of it, I mean 8 games can go down to 3 or 4 games in a week.

Reaction score
Yeah, don't lose faith until we are really out of it... don't forget about the wild card. We can sneak up on some of those teams too.

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
From the moves that were made at the deadline, Zjurencik's mind can practically be read. This thing won't be built over night. He traded alot of that junk Bavasi brought in for some prospects. Those prospects need time. Mike Saunders needs time. Jack Wilson probably isn't the answer at SS. Beltre's contract needs to be dumped. The Bavasi stench is still there. I think if we were serious about the wild card contention, we would have not dealt Jarrod Washburn. Ian Snell looks like he needs more work. I'm not sure there is a #2 worthy pitcher on this club right now, and the pitching is really all we had going for us. Back in mid-July when we looked like contenders, Jarrod Washburn, Felix Hernandez, and Erik Bedard were all at the top of their game big-time. 2.62 was their cumulative era as on July 22nd. That 3-headed monster that was driving the train has pretty much been broken up.

Reaction score
BCheezy59 said:
From the moves that were made at the deadline, Zjurencik's mind can practically be read. This thing won't be built over night. He traded alot of that junk Bavasi brought in for some prospects. Those prospects need time. Mike Saunders needs time. Jack Wilson probably isn't the answer at SS. Beltre's contract needs to be dumped. The Bavasi stench is still there. I think if we were serious about the wild card contention, we would have not dealt Jarrod Washburn. Ian Snell looks like he needs more work. I'm not sure there is a #2 worthy pitcher on this club right now, and the pitching is really all we had going for us. Back in mid-July when we looked like contenders, Jarrod Washburn, Felix Hernandez, and Erik Bedard were all at the top of their game big-time. 2.62 was their cumulative era as on July 22nd. That 3-headed monster that was driving the train has pretty much been broken up.

Jack Wilson is great for the style of team we're building... I'd rather have a great defensive shortstop than a poor defensive shortstop that's an above average hitter. Beltre is a free agent after this season so we're not going to dump his contract, but I really hope we can get him re-signed. And I think from top to bottom our rotation is more solid than before, but it's not as dominant at the top.

Top Bottom