• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vince Young done with Titans?

Reaction score
Young supposedly has told the Titans either to play him or trade him. I don't see this looking good for him. They appear content with Collins for now, but who knows how long Collins can stay healthy. Jeff Fisher is a coach who won't give in. Young hurt himself last year with his "anxiety" issues and might be headed down the road that ate Ryan Leaf. Just imagine had the Titans taken Jay Cutler or someone else. Young has not lived up to the hype he was labeled as after his Texas days. I never thought he would be anything special. He was a mobile QB who fit a good college scheme right. Just another example of why rookie QBs shouldn't start off the bat and another Bust so far.

Reaction score
I think the Titans will only get 1 more season out of Collins at most so they need a guy there that knows the playbook well and can manage the game while their two good HBs get the job done on the ground.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Keeping Young though might not be a wise thing right now. He obv. wants to play and it won't be in Tenn. right now.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Keeping Young though might not be a wise thing right now. He obv. wants to play and it won't be in Tenn. right now.

agreed, I think Tennessee is looking to win a championship this season, and they believe the have the talent to do so, with Collins at the helm. I think they will take the gamble and get some value out of Young, trading for a spot they have holes at this season.

Reaction score
No one wants Young at this point. If he would have been on the block earlier in the offseason I'm sure tons of teams would have lined up for him. Now, I doubt any team wants to take a chance with him trying to learn their playbook in a few months and I don't think any team is desperate enough. Maybe the Broncos or Vikings, but I don't think any other team is in need of his services which are a lot like Vick, just without the criminal background.

-Scar-

Huddler
Reaction score
Agent Denies Vince Young Wants Trade

The agent for Titans backup quarterback Vince Young says that Young doesn’t want to be traded if he’s not the starter. Even if Young himself recently said just that. “Vince’s desire has always been to compete for the starting quarterback job in Tennessee,” agent Major Adams said. “Even before they drafted him, they asked him if he thought he could compete for the starting role, and he said yes. He has always been a starter and that is his mindset. He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend. Plus, he was in there working out [Monday]. If he didn’t have a desire to stay there, he wouldn’t be doing any of that.” Adams says that Young will be attending an event this weekend at owner Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Top Bottom