• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

VERY EARLY MOCK Draft

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
So the draft order is set and Seahawks pick either 11th or 12th (determined by coin flip). I have the day off so what the shit, I did my mock draft to the hawks 1st pick.
I know there are tons of variables, who's declaring, what FA will we re-sign, and FA will we go after (FLYNN in 2012?).... But it is what it is.

With the top 3 QB's coming off the board before the hawks pick, and assuming no trades (though I think Minny may trade out of the 3rd pick) Here are MY top potential top pick. None of them are a QB as Tannahill/Foles were avaiable, but a reach in my opinion.

They is in MY top picks, in order of preference:

1. Melvin Ingrams DE 6' 2' 272 lbs S. Carolina
- Athletic big man, who could kick inside, would be well suited in a 3-4 but will be a great LE to spell Big Red, or kick inside to add some pass rush. Has some of the best 'hands' for a DL.

2. Andre Branch DE 6' 4' 260 lbs. Clemson
- High motor, pure pass rushing QB killer, Brocks replacement, and/or back up to clemons.

3. David DeCastro OG 6'4' 313 Stanford
- Has been compared to Hutchinson, 'nuff said!

That is where Im at to this point, have not scouted or have any 'real' basis for my picks, just some some monday morning research, and from what ive seen/know/read on the prospects.
Here's is a couple of common links for refernce:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012

What pick do you see the hawks picking at that 11/12 spot, what is your justificaions, or opinions on it? This is just for fun, cuase like most of us, I am totally pumped and jacked up for our potential for next season!!

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Do you guys think there s a chance we activate the Minny connection again and trade for the n°3 spot to land RG3???
It s a lock either Luck or more probably griffin will be there at 3, since the rams won t get a qb.

What would it take? 2nd and 3rd rounders? 2013 1st round? I know there s always great value in those rounds, but with the young team we have, isnt it time to get a super star? He s athletic, accurate, smart and sound slike a nice guy.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Minny will most definetly entertian offers, and the price will be high.
Probably from our spot it would take our 1st and 2nd, and next years 1st.

Not sure Im convinced that RG3 is worth selling the farm for, Luck.... perhaps.

Reaction score
Running QB, from a spread system, MAYBE 6'0" tall. He's a less explosive Vick with a much better attitude.

Reaction score
He's listed at 6'2" 220. And didnt he throw almost 4000yds and 36tds this year???.... sounds more like a passing QB that can also run. Like 18, don't know much about him past the media hype and what I've read, but he can't be worse than TJack....

Reaction score
I guess we'll find out exactly how tall he is at the combine....

I predict Griffin will be listed somewhere between 6'1"-6'2" and Moore will be 5'10".... I remember about a year ago ESPN had Moore listed at 5'11" and now he's 6'1" lol he must've hit a growth spurt at 24. Must be all those potatoes!

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Have only seen him in the 1st game of the year against what was supposed to be a decent TCU defense. It ended something like 55-50 and he had more td passes than incompletions... Obv not representative but still impressive. He s def not a running qb, and probably even smarter than Luck.

Cant believe you wouldnt even take him with the 11th pick. Or that 2 1st round picks would "perhaps" be worthy of Luck. Yes, all the positions are important, blah blah blah, but there s none as important as the QB. I once heard someone saying QB is the most important individual position in any team sports, and i would agree. Look at the Colts. perennial 10 W team. Dead last without peyton this year.

T-Jack is ok at best, and u cant argue this is a passing league. Only been following the NFL for 7 years, but i cant recall a great team without a great QB (worse was maybe Manning with the 07 Giants).

You always hear about teams that invested so much money in their qb, they better start protecting him. We should do the opposite and get someone great for all those high rounders OL to protect...

Reaction score
His accuracy is a product of the system he plays in more than anything else. He throws a good deep ball though. I'm always highly skeptical of QBs that can run. I think the athletic ability tends to cover up some of their flaws as a passer. RG3 seems to have issues on the intermediae routes and I'm expecting him to be at like 5'11"-6'0" at the combine, that's the biggest difference between him and Newton. No way that he's smarter than Luck, the number may indicate that's the case but I don't believe it. Griffin plays on an explosive offense, he has playmakers around him plus he's in a spread system that allows for a lot of easy completions. Luck has good backs, and a TE, but his recievers are crap. And that is made even worse when you factor in the fact that that they run a pro style offense, not a lot of those bubble screens or any of those spread route combos that almost always create open recievers.

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, i ll take Luck over griffin, any time any day, but isnt he regarded as the best prospect at qb of all time ?

When i said smarter, i did not mean football wise, but that his gpa is higher.

I like him, but i sure dont know enough. But mock drafts have him high, and i heard some ppl sayin Luck wasnt an overal consensus n°1 anymore... i guess we ll learn a lot more in the following months. At this time last year, cameron wasnt even considered a 1st round pick...

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Completly out of subject, but i always get a bit lost when we talk about the systems...
If some systems allows to have an explosive offense, score a ton of points without producing TO... why wouldnt any team copy that ???
If a 6' brees can throw to 10 dif receivers for 350 yards and 3 td every game, why wont we install that system.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Completly out of subject, but i always get a bit lost when we talk about the systems...
If some systems allows to have an explosive offense, score a ton of points without producing TO... why wouldnt any team copy that ???
If a 6' brees can throw to 10 dif receivers for 350 yards and 3 td every game, why wont we install that system.

Personnel available to you is the biggest reason. But it is a copycat league. Other teams will try and replicate it.

Reaction score
In the NFL its much more about execution and personnel. Systems don't really vary all that much at thr pro level. In college, different systems are in place that are mostly designed test the discipline and awareness of college defenders, the offenses don't work at the pro level because defenses diagnose plays much more quickly than in college.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Did anyone run a mock draft yet? that is why I started the thread, I dont think RG3 will be falling that far.

I watched RG3 only in the Alamo Bowl and I really thought he had great throwing ablitly, quick release and very nice foot work and movement in the pocket. The only think that concerns me is that he has a "locker" like instinct to make all the plays including run the ball. I think he will get injured.

Top Bottom