• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Thursday cyber surfing: Tez comes to town

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Feb. 9:
Scott Johnson of the Everett Herald checks in with Cortez Kennedy, the Seahawks’ Hall of Fame defensive tackle who was in town on Wednesday: “Kennedy will become the first Hall of Famer, in any of the major team sports, to be drafted by a Seattle team and spend his entire career there. ‘I’m always a Seattle guy,’ he said Wednesday, four days after his name was announced among the members of the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2012. ‘I love Seattle, and I love the fans. And that will never change.’ “
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve also got a closer look at Kennedy, including his response to the question about whether his Hall of Fame-worthy career would have been complete even without the recognition to match: “You know something? We don’t have to talk about that anymore,” he said, punctuating the statement with one of his rumbling laughs that were as much his trademark as the body-slam tackles he cranked out during his 11 seasons with the Seahawks. “I’m a Hall of Famer now. So we don’t ever have to talk about that again. It’s done. It’s over with. Like the ‘Big Show’ Holmgren says, ‘It’s done. It’s over with. Forget it.’ I don’t want to hear it no more.”
We also check in with leading receiver Doug Baldwin, who has become a fixture at Virginia Mason Athletic Center since his rookie season ended: “The Seahawks’ 2011 season ended the day after their overtime loss to the Cardinals in Arizona on New Year’s Day. The team’s 2012 offseason conditioning program doesn’t start until April 16, almost a month later than in previous years because of the new CBA that came into effect following the 136-day lockout that erased the offseason last year. But you would never know it by watching Baldwin go through his almost-daily routine at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. And everything must be done on his own, another stipulation in the new offseason rules governing teams and their players. ‘I have lots to improve on, lots that I can learn,’ Baldwin said. ‘I know I can do so much more, in terms of my assignments and catching every ball that’s thrown to me. So I have lots to do and I’m anxious to get it done.’ ”
Dave Boling at the News Tribune weighs in on the speculation about Peyton Manning and whether the Seahawks should pursue him if/when the Colts part ways with their iconic QB: “The Seahawks have the need for a quarterback and the available salary-cap room to make a serious run at Manning. But should they? His health is in question, and for a team in the process of rebuilding and apparently on the rise, the ideal situation would be to find a young talent who could grow with the team for the long haul. But this is Peyton Manning, and the chance to get him – if healthy – should trump other options being studied. Risk? Oh, heck yes. He might never get out of training camp. Hey, realistically, everybody who plays in the NFL is one bad hit from retirement. But a soon-to-be 36-year-old quarterback who has had three neck surgeries in 19 months?”
Joe Theismann has a completely opposite view on the situation, and Dan Hanzus at NFL.com passes along the thoughts of the former NFL QB with regards to the Redskins pursuing Manning: “It’s not a good idea, it’s not a bad idea – its’ a horrific idea,” Theismann, now an NFL Network analyst, told a radio station on in Washington last week. “It would be one of the poorest things that we could do as a franchise. Are we gonna go find another guy for just a couple of years again? Haven’t we done this before? Haven’t we seen this act before? And by the way, if you get Peyton Manning, don’t you have a concern about protecting him? Don’t you have a concern about who he throws the football to?”
Chris Burke at SI.com ranks the network broadcast crews, and his top pick might surprise you: “Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock, NFL Network: Because the NFL’s Thursday night slate didn’t start until Week 10, this pairing only worked together a handful of times. But man, were they good. Nessler is energetic without being overly excitable, saving his best calls for the moments that necessitate them. His demeanor turned out to be the perfect match for Mayock, who was so good that SI’s Richard Deitsch named him the “Person of the Year” in his annual Media Awards. Not only does Mayock sound extremely prepared each game, but he takes that knowledge and easily translates it to the viewer. Thanks to the duo’s talents and the relatively weak slate of Thursday games this year, by season’s end people were tuning into the NFL Network’s broadcasts as much for the announcing as the games.”

b.gif
wJXIt9KFiZI

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom