• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Mariners have lost a legend

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Such a sad day... the man embodied Mariners baseball, he had such an enthusiasm and obvious love for the game. Listening/watching the Mariners will never be the same. I love baseball and I give a huge amount of credit to Dave and his colorful and unique ways of describing the game and also the energy and love he had for it... There's no mistaking a signature Dave Niehaus call. And Ken Griffey JR. Said today in an interview that he was like a grandpa to everyone who ever stepped foot in that clubhouse. RIP Dave, Mariners baseball will never be the same without you.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, I did not know about this until right now. Dave was the MAN. He had such elegance and grace, while voicing intensity all wrapped up into one package. RIP Dave!

S

Seattlehawk94

Been waiting to comment on it....

Okay....So I talked to Rick Rizzs at a T-Birds game a week ago and I quote "Man....You really got me man...Damn, when you gave the speech at the Memorial I actually started to cry along with you...Haven't done that since my brother passed away last year but...You MADE me do it, going to miss Dave...That guy WAS baseball to me"...

His reponse after a nice handshake and a few kind words was "Mark, we are ALL going to miss him....He was my friend, he was your friend...Even if you never met him (I have btw and he was an amazing man, saw him in the Pressbox and he always said "HI, how is your dad?" because I'd once told him he was the only person who my late father never cut off when he was talking..lol...) he was YOUR friend...He was all of our friend and when next season starts there will be a hole that even I (Rizzs) can't ever fill"...

Best tribute you could EVER give someone....Rick Rizzs is a class guy and if any of you ever run into him you will see one of the most humble nice human beings you'd ever meet...

Going to miss Dave....He was the soundtrack of my summers and the one person that even if a game was only on radio could make you smell the fresh cut grass, the hot dogs, the stale beer, and the garlic fries...

I've only met you in passing Dave...But you WERE an amazing friend.....

Top Bottom