• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Strong stuff

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Only five members of the Seahawks’ 35th Anniversary team joined the club as undrafted rookies: kicker Norm Johnson (1982), nose tackle Joe Nash (1982), free safety Eugene Robinson (1985), linebacker/special teams player Rufus Porter (1988) and fullback Mack Strong (1993). Only six spent their entire careers with the Seahawks: strong safety Kenny Easley (1981-87), wide [...]
b.gif

Only five members of the Seahawks’ 35th Anniversary team joined the club as undrafted rookies: kicker Norm Johnson (1982), nose tackle Joe Nash (1982), free safety Eugene Robinson (1985), linebacker/special teams player Rufus Porter (1988) and fullback Mack Strong (1993).

Only six spent their entire careers with the Seahawks: strong safety Kenny Easley (1981-87), wide receiver Brian Blades (1988-98), defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy (1990-2000), left tackle Walter Jones (1997-2009), Nash (1982-96) and Strong (1993-2007).

Only Strong and Nash are on both lists. And that says as much about them being included*on the reader-selected team as anything else they did in their long careers with the Seahawks.

“I feel very humbled by that,” Strong said of not only being voted to the team, but being selected the fullback over John L. Williams.

“I think because of the way I initially started my career – kind of humble beings. I was not really expecting a whole lot when I got to Seattle. So that I would have a career as long as it turned out is very gratifying.”

That he has landed on the 35th Anniversary team is an over-the-top accomplishment for Strong, who won so many honors during his 14-season stay with the Seahawks. Strong’s story is the latest – and fourth – in the ongoing series of profiles on the 29 players the readers of Seahawks.com voted to the team.

b.gif
8DtH-CM5Yhk

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom