• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Holmgren about to do everything?!

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Now this is a mistake. Holmgren can coach, Holmgren would be a great office guy as well imo, but to say you will do EVERY position including coaching is insane. So he would be President FO, GM, HC...shit he might as well be the owner. Even Holmgren cannot be that proud as to think he can accomplish all this alone.

If by some God given power he can pull it off, he would be the greatest football anything of all time. That just blew my mind, thought I would share it.

S

Seattlehawk94

Worked in Cleveland once already..The guy happened to own the team on top of being GM/Coach/Scout/Business Manager/Ticket Seller....He was so good they named the team after him...The he bought the Bengals, did the same things and invented the offense Bill Walsh took credit for...Didn't win a SB in Cincy but got to two and named a stadium after him...

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing how this plays out. If he can do all of it and succeed and we choose to....well you get the idea.

Things were different back in Paul Brown's day. Doing it in modern day NFL just seems a bit insane to me. With all the changes and everything that comes with each of those responsibilities, not to mention the poor state the franchise is in, how can he make time for everything.

The NFL has changed so much since I was a kid, and even more so since the old days when Paul Brown was able to do something similar. Does anyone here honestly think he is not biting off more than he can chew?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes Holmgren can be that proud. If his time and all his "fights" with Seahawks' management taught us anything, it is that he wants to be the show and the face of the franchise. That's why they call him the Big Show. It's all about Holmgren.

S

Seattlehawk94

I'd rather watch "The Big Show" as opposed to "Jackass"...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. When someone says, "It's not about the money," it IS about the money. It is about what the money says.

"It's not about the money." - Alex Rodriguez

"It's not about the money." - Josh Brown

"It's not about the money." - Mike Holmgren

Anyone else notice a pattern? I'm sure others can add to the list.

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
In this case I think it is different. If I had to say what is more important to Holmgren, power > money.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Of course you would think it is different because it pertains to Holmgren. And of course, we cannot know for sure one way or the other. But you are looking at it on a superficial level. What you are not looking at, and of course ignored my comment about it in the post above, is what the amount of money SAYS. The message the offer sends. He obviously does not need the money - we can agree on that. But if he feels the Seahawks lowballed him, he is very much the type to take offense to that by reading into what he thinks the Seahawks meant by their offer.

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree if they lowballed him he would take offense. On that you are exactly right. Either way he is officially a Brown now. Sad but true.

My current frustration is that we have no idea who we will turn to or if any quality GM will accept our proposal with the restrictions it includes. I cannot start forming a solid draft board if I do not know the history of the GM we will be obtaining and the direction he would take us. So long as we have no GM we have little to go on about our future.

Reaction score
When can this topic be dead? Holmgren went to Cleveland. Get over it. The good news is that he didn't invent the game of football, and there are plenty of people available to take the job. In fact, there are plenty of people who can, dare I say, do a better job than Holmgren.

This outcome is best for everyone involved. The Seahawks can now start a fresh search for the best GM candidate available. Holmgren finally got to feed his ego by getting even with the Seahawks for forcing him out last year, and has complete control of an entire NFL franchise (whether he deserves that position or not).

Reaction score
I've moved this to the NFL forum, since the fat money hungry piece of crap Walrus is NOT coming to Seattle..

Top Bottom