• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game 26 AL West Showdown vs Texass (Game 2)

S

Seattlehawk94

So we took it on the chin today...

Man.....Tough one to lose...Again...

Let's get on the road and take care of bidness...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

We lost Kelly for awhile I think...Dude went down hard..He was screaming...

Not good...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

He either tore a pec, oblique, broke a rib, or a combo of those.

I had thoughts of Dave Dravecky all over again watching that...Made me physically sick to my stomach..

Do you know the story of Dravecky?

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
He either tore a pec, oblique, broke a rib, or a combo of those.

I had thoughts of Dave Dravecky all over again watching that...Made me physically sick to my stomach..

Do you know the story of Dravecky?

Yeah, it is an oblique. At least that is what the trainers came out with. Hopefully he can recover in good time.

Was Dravecky the one that had the tumor in his arm went through surgery... and when he tried to make a comeback like the second start after he recovered or so he snapped his arm right?

If I am wrong I am sorry. I try to brush up on my baseball history as much as I can, but I get confused with some of the names and such. But that is my best stab. :)

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

You got it right on the nose actually...It was in 1989, still remember watching that game on ABC when his arm gave out....

They actually cut to commerical it was so horrible...It didn't just break, it shattered and led to them finding more cancer and him losing his left arm at the shoulder. Watch the vid...Tells a little of the backstory and shows the injury...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-CHd7J2rfA&feature=PlayList&p=4D68683A7A55F289&index=3"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-CHd7J2 ... 89&index=3[/ame]

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
You got it right on the nose actually...It was in 1989, still remember watching that game on ABC when his arm gave out....

They actually cut to commerical it was so horrible...It didn't just break, it shattered and led to them finding more cancer and him losing his left arm at the shoulder. Watch the vid...Tells a little of the backstory and shows the injury...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-CHd7J2 ... 89&index=3

Damn man, that sucks.... That would be horrible to see... Hopefully that won't happen again. That would be devastating.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, it was a real weird year that year in baseball..

Jr's ML Debut
Bo leads of Big A ASG with HR and Steals a base tying Willie Mayes ASG single game record
'88 Heros Orel Hershiser and Jose Canseco injured for almost whole season.
Steinbrenner inquery into dealing with gamblers begins
Rickey Henderson Traded and becomes a great player again in Oakland.
Rose Suspended
Giamatti Dies
Dravecky comes back only to get struck down
Battle of the Bay stopped by earthquake that kills 70
Series ends in a Sweep, Giants never even lead for 1 pitch.
Billy Martin Killed in Car Wreck

1989 was really one of the worst years in baseball in terms of stuff that went on outside the lines...Alot more stuff went on but this is just off the top of my head..

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Yeah, it was a real weird year that year in baseball..

Jr's ML Debut
Rose Suspended
Giamatti Dies
Dravecky comes back only to get struck down
Battle of the Bay stopped by earthquake that kills 70
Billy Martin Killed in Car Wreck

1989 was really one of the worst years in baseball in terms of stuff that went on outside the lines...

Shit man. That is a crazy sequence of events.
Hopefully 2009 can make up for it with a M's series win :)

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

One thing that quake did was almost cause Seattle to host World Series Games 3-7, they were in discussions if the Coliseum and Candlestick weren't sound they were going to move the games to Seattle and play them in the Kingdome..

Giants refused to play in Dodger Stadium because they knew it wouldn't be a "home game", the Rams had 3 games in a row at the Big A, and the Chargers had games 2 weeks in a row...

The Dome was the only option of keeping the game on the West Coast...

But Candlestick held so they didn't need to worry..

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
One thing that quake did was almost cause Seattle to host World Series Games 3-7, they were in discussions if the Coliseum and Candlestick weren't sound they were going to move the games to Seattle....

Don't worry... Safeco will host a series soon enough...

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Seattlehawk94 said:
One thing that quake did was almost cause Seattle to host World Series Games 3-7, they were in discussions if the Coliseum and Candlestick weren't sound they were going to move the games to Seattle....

Probably before the New Yankee Stadium.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
hawkfanadam said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Probably before the New Yankee Stadium.

good good.. the first step is admitting it.. :)

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

So you've finally accepted the truth Young Skywalker...

Reaction score
Who wouldn't admit it?! I mean the fans are even starting to chant "Fire Girardi and Bring Torre Back". It's a whole new writing of another season of the Bronx Zoo. When A-Roid comes back this can either go two ways... He does well, but the Yanks don't or Yanks don't do well and A-Roid don't. That's when it could get interesting.

Having said all that when Cashman is fired. I am applying for his position.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Too bad Billy Martin died in '89..,.He be hired for by now his 30th time by the Steinies...

Reaction score
We need someone who is going to actually stand-up to the Steinbrenner's. Cashy let's them walk all over him. They could tell him to be gay and he would probably reply "Who you want me to be gay with? How's Michael Jackson?"

Please Hank and Hal fire Cashman's ass... NOW! While our season is still semi-young.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

No one will stand up to those fucks....

Only thing that makes me happy is knowing George is getting dementia and will die basically basically like he lived...A souless shell...

Top Bottom