• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Sept. 27:

Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at an offense that continues to be a concern, despite the Seahawks winning their first game. Offers O’Neil: “Seattle has scored 30 points so far this season, which is not only third-worst in the league, but the third fewest the Seahawks have ever had after three games in the franchise’s history.”

Eric Williams at the News Tribune also looks at the offense, from the angle that Mike Williams was not a part of it in Sunday’s 13-10 victory over the Cardinals. Says Williams: “Through three games this season, Williams is tied for fifth on the team with five catches for 43 yards. And while Sidney Rice led the team with eight catches for 109 yards in his regular-season debut in Seattle’s 13-10 win over Arizona on Sunday, Williams was targeted just once. It was early in the game, and he finished without a catch.”
John Boyle of the Everett Herald looks at cornerback Brandon Browner, who had a bounce-back performance against the Cardinals, and especially Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald. Says Boyle: “With Browner covering him most of the time, Fitzgerald went the second half without a single catch. And not coincidentally, the Cardinals failed to score in the half as Seattle held on for a 13-10 win.”

Also at the Herald, Scott Johnson continues his “The Game of My Life” series with a look at Warren Moon. Says Moon: “People ask whether there was any validation because of my age, and this game definitely did that. That year, we had a really good passing year. I was pretty consistent, but this was one of those take-it-to-the-next-level type of games. I was throwing for 200 yards a game, and we were winning and had a pretty good rhythm going, but then all of a sudden when you break out for 400 yards at almost 41 years old, it makes people take notice. And I ended up making the Pro Bowl that year.”

Christian Caple at PI.com focuses on Tarvaris Jackson, and the fans’ reaction to the team’s new quarterback, and coach Pete Carroll’s reaction to that. Says Caple: “Perhaps Carroll’s most interesting comments during his Monday press conference concerned Jackson, and the fact that he’s already taken such direct, harsh judgment from Seahawks fans despite playing only three games.”

Here at Seahawks.com, we look at the performance of defensive end Chris Clemons in our “Monday Metatarsal Musings,” offering: “His stat line was impressive: seven tackles, including a sack and three tackles for losses, and a tipped pass. But how the “Leo” end in the Seahawks’ tempo-setting defense got this numbers was even more telling when it came to his impact in the game – and on the game. Clemons was held so often by the Cardinals’ blockers that his jersey looked like it had started to melt, with his No. 91 appearing to be in italics and one of his shoulder pads almost always protruding after each play. The 254-pound Clemons didn’t let it – or Brandon Keith, the Cardinals’ 335-pound right tackle – stop him from doing his thing.”

We’ve also got Monday recaps in words and video, as well as a look at the Seahawks’ more-balanced offensive performance against the Cardinals.

b.gif
XRaI5Y_DZNQ

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom