• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Sept. 29:
The list of candidates for this year’s Pro Football Hall of Fame class was announced Wednesday and Elliott Harrison of NFL.com lists his Top 10. Checking in at No. 5 is Cortez Kennedy. Says Harrison: “If there is one guy on this list of 10 certain Hall of Famers who just flat out kicked ass, it’s Cortez Kennedy. You could make the argument that the best player in pro football in 1992 played defensive tackle on a 2-14 team. While the Seahawks were awful, their third-year defensive tackle out of the University of Miami was unblockable. He had 14 sacks and four forced fumbles from the interior line. How about being named Defensive Player of the Year on a two-win team that featured Dan McGwire and Stan Gelbaugh at quarterback? Oh, and by the way, Kennedy went to eight Pro Bowls and was named to the NFL’s 1990s All-Decade Team.” All we can say to that is, COULD NOT AGREE MORE.
Duff McKagan – yes, that Duff McKagan – offers his thoughts on a double-victory weekend in Seattle for ESPN.com. Says McKagan: “What do we take away from Sunday’s 13-10 victory over our NFC West rivals, the Arizona Cardinals? It was great to see maligned quarterback Tarvaris Jackson finally sync up with wide receiver Sidney Rice and to see our defense stop a team when it counted. It was nice to finally get a win this season after opening on the road with two losses, and I shall not give up hope of a “rebuilding-esque” .500 season. With our schedule though, the Seahawks will have to overachieve their demonstrated talent level to get there.”

Also at ESPN.com, Mike Sando – yes, that Mike Sando – has injury situations that matter for the NFC West. Sando on the Seahawks: “The Seahawks’ latest injury-related change to the offensive line will not affect the game-day rotation. Assistant head coach/offensive line Tom Cable underwent back surgery that will keep him from coaching for the short term. On the field, Seattle appears likely to start the same five linemen in the same spots in back-to-back weeks, something the team has not done this season. The line made strides overall against Arizona, but Paul McQuistan struggled through a tough matchup against Calais Campbell in his first game as Robert Gallery’s injury replacement at left guard. Fullback Michael Robinson’s absence since Week 1 has hurt the special-teams coverage units. He’s back this week. Strong safety Kam Chancellor is expected to start despite resting a thigh injury Wednesday. Receiver Sidney Rice made it through his Seattle debut without aggravating his shoulder injury. His availability is big for the passing game.”
Says Williams: “Curry was candid in answering questions from reporters about his situation before practice Wednesday. He indicated that rumors about him potentially being traded are just that, and he remains committed to earning back his starting job. ‘I’m at peace,’ he said. ‘I have a complete peace of mind right now. I’m feeling blessed. I’m taking this trial that I have and just capitalizing on it.’ ”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald checks in with Mike Williams, last year’s leading receiver who did not have a reception in Sunday’s game. Says Williams: “When you win a game, that’s all that’s important. It’s selfish to be talking about your own thing when you got your first win as a team and first step in the right direction. All I can do is control what I can control, and that’s get back out here and get to work.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at the other side of the Curry situation – the play of rookie K.J. Wright, which also prompted the coaches to make the switch. Says coach Pete Carroll: “K.J. has done very well. He’s been a guy that has just blown us away with how fast he could learn.”
We’ve also got the other events of the day covered in words and video, including a visit from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and how Cable was able to be at practice without really being there: “The club Skyped the 105-minute, full-pads session so Cable could watch it.”

b.gif
IY1eypAk67s

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom