• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Monday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Dec. 26:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at the Seahawks’ problems winning at home this season: “ ‘That’s something we’ve got to get better at,’ (quarterback Tarvaris) Jackson said. In each of Seattle’s four home losses this season, the Seahawks have had the ball in the final four minutes while trailing by eight points or fewer. In two of those losses, Seattle had the ball twice in that situation. And on those six drives, Seattle never advanced the ball beyond the opponent’s 43-yard line.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune says the Seahawks are learning valuable lessons in their close losses: “Asked what he gleaned from his team’s disappointing 19-17 loss to San Francisco on Saturday, Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Red Bryant had a simple response. ‘If I learned anything from them, it’s just being focused and making the plays that need to be made, and we could easily be in the situation they’re in,’ he said. ‘You’ve got to give them a lot of credit because they were able to do what they’ve been doing all year – make a play when it needed to be made.’ ”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has his “Rapid Reaction” to the Christmas Eve loss to the 49ers: “Both teams were ready for a hard-nosed, physical fight. Periodic skirmishes interrupted play and neither team was backing down. The offenses fared better than anticipated in the running game. That helped the 49ers get into third-and-short situations frequently. Seattle deserves lots of credit for getting its ground game going against the NFL’s top run defense while playing with a line featuring three backups, including journeyman guard Paul McQuistan at left tackle and the little-known Lemuel Jeanpierre at right guard. Niners quarterback Alex Smith recovered from a rough first half to lead San Francisco on a fourth-quarter drive to the winning field goal, keyed by a 41-yard strike to Michael Crabtree. And the 49ers’ defense, though unusually vulnerable throughout this game, provided the clinching turnover when Tarvaris Jackson held the ball too long, inviting a fumble-forcing tackle. The 49ers weathered a rough first half without wavering. They opened the second half with a touchdown drive featuring two clutch sideline receptions by tight end Vernon Davis. Smith scrambled effectively. David Akers made 4 of 5 field goals for the 49ers, setting a single-season NFL record for made field goals.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve got a look at how Golden Tate and Breno Giacomini got more than they gave on a holidays visit to cancer patients at the University of Washington Medical Center: ‘ ‘I’ve done stuff in the community before, and I liked doing it,’ Giacomini said. ‘I’d never done anything like that before, but I’ll do it again. After meeting Susan and the other patients, I’ll probably do it for the rest of my career because they were just so happy to see us. It was incredible. That was a real life-changing moment right there.’ ”
We’ve also got recaps of Saturday’s game in words, pictures and video. And then there’s a look at Thom Fermstad, who has been with the club since Day One but is retiring after this week’s game against the Cardinals: “Three owners. Three practice facilities. Three home fields. Eight head coaches. Roughly 775 players. Seven division titles. One conference championship. Nineteen playoff games. One trip to the Super Bowl. Connect the dots between these numbers and it creates a picture of the Seahawks’ first 36 seasons, and Thom Fermstad has seen it all – through the lens of his cameras. But his career will fade to black after next week’s season finale against the Cardinals in Arizona because Fermstad, one of the original members of the Seahawks family, is retiring as the team’s director of video. Today marks his final home game as the Seahawks host the San Francisco 49ers. ‘It’s been great,’ he said. ‘It absolutely has. I’m sure I’ll miss it.’ ”
For a look at the rest of the league, there’s John Clayton’s “Last Call” at ESPN.com; Clark Judge’s “Judgements” at CBSSports.com; and Don Banks’ “Snap Judgments” at SI.com.

b.gif
Gb9_r21864g

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom