• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Avril and Clemons could return in time for week two.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks' Cliff Avril expected to play this week
[URL='http://mynorthwest.com/292/2350475/Seahawks-Cliff-Avril-expected-to-play-this-week#']1
By Danny O'Neil
RENTON – Defensive end Cliff Avril is expected to make his Seahawks debut in prime time on Sunday.
Coach Pete Carroll said Avril is expected to be ready to play San Francisco after missing all four preseason games and the regular-season opener in Carolina because of a hamstring injury.
"He was very close to being able to play on Sunday," Carroll said, "so we're planning on him being part of it this week unless he has some kind of setback we can't foresee. That would be a nice little boost to get him back in the game."
As for Chris Clemons, who's coming back from knee surgery and took the practice field for the first time last week? It sounds like that is a little more up in the air. While Carroll didn't rule out the possibility Clemons would be ready, the coach made it clear the first step is to begin a full diet of practice repetitions.
"He's going to take reps for us this week," Carroll said of Clemons. "He will take reps Wednesday and we'll just see how he does. We need to get him through the practice routine and see if he can handle it, which we think he can. But he hasn't done that yet so that means he'll be working against the guys, pushing and shoving and all that in a limited fashion and then we'll take it just one day at a time and see how he progresses."
Cornerback Brandon Browner missed Sunday's opener with a hamstring injury after testing the leg on the field before the game.
"He ran hard in pregame, but not full speed," Carroll said. "We want to make sure that we can get him back to full speed. He's in a track meet out there so he's got to have all that going for him. He's going to run again. He ran today, he's going to run tomorrow and Wednesday we'll see how he does. We'll try to get him for Thursday's practice."
Carroll said it remains a possibility Browner will be available this week.
Safety Jeron Johnson is the only Seattle player who left Sunday's game with an injury after he strained his hamstring on the opening kickoff. Carroll said he won't know Johnson's status until later this week.
"He's got a minor strain," Carroll said of Johnson. "We'll have to figure out later in the week. We'll see where it comes back Wednesday and Thursday and see what that means to us."[/URL]

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Doods.... I SO want to see BB go up against Boldin, who looked like a BEAST vs. the packers.
I take everything back i said about Boldin not being the man in SF, he is a freakin manchild. His arms are like Ray Lewis size, and he is more physical then I have ever seen him.

Reaction score
Doods.... I SO want to see BB go up against Boldin, who looked like a BEAST vs. the packers.
I take everything back i said about Boldin not being the man in SF, he is a freakin manchild. His arms are like Ray Lewis size, and he is more physical then I have ever seen him.
Boldin did look good but it was vs a shitty Packers secondary.

Our secondary will handle him just fine. See how he did vs our guys back in 11. Caught 4 passes until Chancellor gave him a concussion and put an end to his day.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Boldin did look good but it was vs a shitty Packers secondary.

Our secondary will handle him just fine. See how he did vs our guys back in 11. Caught 4 passes until Chancellor gave him a concussion and put an end to his day.

While our secondary is elite, GB 's is not shitty. Tramon Williams, Shields, hayward, and Brurnett are all studs.
Boldin/Kaperdick found pockets in the zone coverage all day. He is also dangerous after the catch.

Crab/Boldin/Davis/Gore alone at the skillz will keep us on our toes.

Bob, I actually think he is better !

Reaction score
While our secondary is elite, GB 's is not shitty. Tramon Williams, Shields, hayward, and Brurnett are all studs.
Boldin/Kaperdick found pockets in the zone coverage all day. He is also dangerous after the catch.

Crab/Boldin/Davis/Gore alone at the skillz will keep us on our toes.

Bob, I actually think he is better !

I think GB had some injuries in their secondary. And Crabtree is still hurt for the 9ers.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I doubt either guy will be a huge factor , but will at least get reps in the rotation and get back up to game speed .

I hope Browner can play in this one .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh shit, i forgot crab is out! That helps us for sure.
Think boldin will line up in 'y' flanker spot right? So BB will have him.

Last edited:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
They need to move Browner inside and just jam him on every single play!
Neither player will burn the house down with their speed but I'd feel better going all out on that strategy if Browner's at full speed and can recover if Boldin breaks the press.

I'm expecting the Niners to open up their playbook a lot more. 19, 13 and 13 the last three games so whatever they've been doing hasn't been working too well so the Hawks will probably be seeing some new stuff from them. But it's always 12 on 11 at home so they just have to be ready when it comes and they should be fine. 27-20 Hawks.

Top Bottom