• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Apple cup

Reaction score
The apple cup will now be at QWEST every year... I think it's bullshit. I know people will make the trip from Pullman to Seattle, but I don't think it's fair that they have to every year.

S

Seattlehawk94

It's bullshit....

That takes away snow games and alot of Apple Cup legendary future moments...As well as a home field advantage for the Cougs...Total bullshit...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It is all about the money. Each school gets $2 million compared to $800k if the game is played at Husky Stadium and a pathetic $240k if it is played in Pullman.

S

Seattlehawk94

And that is what is messed up....

Sometimes tradition should be kept in spite of the money...It should always be a home and home..

Reaction score
I think if they want to play at the same place every year they should do it where it's fair for both teams. The Huskies go a few miles while the Cougars have to go all the way across the state to play.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Yeah, but where would they play the game? There's nothing in the middle of the state lol.

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger said:
Yeah, but where would they play the game? There's nothing in the middle of the state lol.

LOL

"And now folks it's the Apple Cup brought to you by Boeing LIVE from the campus of CWU here in beautiful Ellensburg, Wa!"...

LOL

It's very unfair...Ruins all home field advantage the Cougs had....At least at Albi in Spokavegas they had a homefield...It wasn't Martin but at least it was a home game...

Most of you are too young to rememeber Albi...USC and UW games used to be played in Spokavegas back in the day...

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
On the other hand... That stadium will be packed every year, I'm sure it will be worth the trip for the people that decide to do make it.

S

Seattlehawk94

Fusky and Martin Stadiums are both packed so...

It's not good.....Takes away the hometown feel of Pullman every other year....That's what makes the Apple Cup special....One year it's in the huge city another year it's in the rolling hills and small town....

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
How well have the cougs traveled for the game at QWEST they've had the past couple years?

S

Seattlehawk94

Okay....Most are local though...

You aren't getting a ton of people from Pullman going to the game...That's what makes Pullman special...On football game days the town closes at kickoff and there is NO ONE on the streets or in the stores...As soon as the game let's out it's back to normal.

Like Green Bay on FudgePackers Sundays almost...

Top Bottom