• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody home?

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
A little surprised not one post on game day? How about those 4-3 Seahawls!! Wasn't the funnest game to watch, but it was a much needed win and I'll take it.

I was also really hoping the Eagles would help us out a little and take out the Cards. Looks like we are going to have to take care of business ourselves. Next up is the lowly Raiders followed by the Giants, really need to and should win both of those games, then it's time to get down to business. 5 divisional opponents in our last 7 games with the 2 others being no slouch in the Eagles and Chiefs, must get dialed in on both sides of the ball in the next 2 weeks if we are going to make some noise down the stretch.

Idahawk

Reaction score
It wasn't pretty to watch , but the D came on strong in the 4th which was encouraging .

Wilson is off , plain and simple ,Lynch didn't help . I don't know why we're playing Turbin at FB ? Where's Ware or Mike Rob ?

The win combined with a return home is hopefully what the doctor ordered .

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
A little surprised not one post on game day? How about those 4-3 Seahawls!! Wasn't the funnest game to watch, but it was a much needed win and I'll take it.

I was also really hoping the Eagles would help us out a little and take out the Cards. Looks like we are going to have to take care of business ourselves. Next up is the lowly Raiders followed by the Giants, really need to and should win both of those games, then it's time to get down to business. 5 divisional opponents in our last 7 games with the 2 others being no slouch in the Eagles and Chiefs, must get dialed in on both sides of the ball in the next 2 weeks if we are going to make some noise down the stretch.

Been kinda bummed after hearing that Seer12thman, a friend and long time Seahawk fan and regular poster on here passed on recently.
As for the game, it wasn't pretty but hey, they'll take it. Nice to get a W while they try and weather this storm. Wilson played like crap most of the game but, like always, came through in the end. Just like what Gruden said about him on draft day, he plays his best football when the game is on the line.
But ultimately what won the game for the Seahawks was the defense. They finally started making some plays in the 2nd half, kept Carolina down and kept the Hawks in it and made it possible for Wilson to do his thing at the end.

Interesting stat Dori Monson brought up during the postgame: teams that start out the season 4-3 have a 54% chance of making the playoffs. Teams that start out 3-4 have a 15% chance. That win was huge. Now they can set the season to rights again with two relative creampuffs coming up, making it possible to add in a couple more wins and buy them some more time until some guys get back. By Week 10 they will have Zach Miller, Jeremy Lane, Maxwell and Unger all back and with Tharold Simon finally cleared to play the secondary could be at full strength for the first time all season. Not sure when Wagner is getting back but he's one of the critical components and takes the D to another level when he's in there.

I agree they should unretire Mike Rob. He would help give the running game a significant boost but I'm just wondering if he can hold up again as a plug and play at his age after missing all of camp and the first half of the season. It seemed to work out ok last year but he's not getting any younger.
This thing still has a chance of getting turned around.

Last edited:
OP
seahawkblitz

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend.

That was a huge win for sure, we would have been in deep trouble if we hadn't pulled it off. Time to go on a win streak and get back to the top where we belong.

Top Bottom