• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 NFL Draft Thread

Reaction score
We have more picks today (7) than we had total picks when the draft started (6) and day 3 is where Schneider and Carroll have done their best work. Let's hope there's another Sherman or Chancellor out there.

Paybacktimes

Huddler
Reaction score
I wish we would have considered using our last pick to clean up some missed player like Polk who is still on the board and would be a local favorite with allot of upside and potential, cause we all know at RB anything could happen and we are only one injury away from no running game.

Reaction score
Polk has a degenerative hip and shoulder problems. I'm sure he would have been a much higher pick if not for that.

Reaction score
Apparently our boys in the war room got a call from the Jets after we took Irvin. They weren't happy, that was their pick.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Our QB situation is pretty much the opposite of last year. Deciding between Flynn and Wilson seems like a positive problem.

This is all I have to say about Robert Turbin:

hulkturbin.jpg

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Wilson. After hearing him speak and watching him roll behind one of the largest OLs in college, I am a fan. Jackson will not be back after this year.

Not arguing with any of that. Just saying Wilson is not ready right now. It will be two years I think until he can push for a starting job.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
If it wasn't for his height... I think Russel would be the most pro ready QB after Luck. Unfortunately, height is one of those things that he can't change no matter how good of work ethic or football IQ he has. However, I am still rooting for the kid!

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson won't even be in the duscussion for the starting job. Its still between Jackson and Flynn.

It appears pretty clear that Flynn will win the starting job. Jackson is a solid backup for one year and Wilson will take over Jacksons duties next year. After that there might be the positive problem of two really good QBs. As Flynn has been backing up Rodgers, who has been more than willing to mentor Flynn, I believe Flynn will do the same for Wilson. With Wilsons work ethic, he should be able to run a pro-offense in his sleep by that time. Then it´s a matter of how much Flynn has produced, and that can be a lot! Ofcourse there probably have been other additions in QB position by that time but right now Seahawks is bursting with QB potential.

I dont think Portis has a future at Seattle. Clearly he has not made a very big impact. It seems that his value is in the trainings as the team learns to play against a dual threat QB, and Wilson can do that too.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Its a good problem to have, some may say we have 3 back-ups competing for a starting job, I say we have 3 potential starters.

Top Bottom