• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Words

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Agree on all counts. The Hawks definitely screwed the pooch, no doubt about it. With the one time out they still could have conceivably run three plays to Lynch had they needed to. It would have been tight but it could have been done.
I think of that play as kinda a similar deal to what Brandon Bostick did on the on-side kick. You know what you need to do but glory is right there in front of your face and it tricks you into thinking how easy it would be to just reach out and grab it. So you throw caution to the wind and ignore the downside and just go for it. There was Lockette, right there in front of Wilson's face, just like that ball was right there in Bostick's face. Man, it's tough to even think about.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
If that pass had been caught, it would have been a TD, if not, they call the Time out, and still have 20 seconds to run two plays, very doable in a hurry - up situation.

Could have been tipped and caught and downed outside of the end zone. Terrible call.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
A lot of things could have happened. What really bothers me the more I think about it is the fact that they called the play based on the Pats D set. Ok, fine. But why did we waste the whole play clock subbing in a different set of our own. this allowed them to get that personnel on the field. Marshawn had just ran for 4 yards down to the 1. Don't sub, don't waste time. We were in charge. Get back on the line, run the same damn play and pound it in there!!!!! Take the lead and if the leagues #1 D can't hold back Brady for 1 minute, so be it.

Idahawk

Reaction score
A lot of things could have happened. What really bothers me the more I think about it is the fact that they called the play based on the Pats D set. Ok, fine. But why did we waste the whole play clock subbing in a different set of our own. this allowed them to get that personnel on the field. Marshawn had just ran for 4 yards down to the 1. Don't sub, don't waste time. We were in charge. Get back on the line, run the same damn play and pound it in there!!!!! Take the lead and if the leagues #1 D can't hold back Brady for 1 minute, so be it.

I don't think they cared about that play. They were burning time

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

Yes, that is my understanding too, they intentionally were trying to burn clock so when they got the TD NE would not have time left to score again (remember Atl playoff game?). Which I agree, is bothersome, I think they wasted too much clock. Man so many issues with how they handled that last play.....

Top Bottom