• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why I love being a Seattle Sports fan!

S

Seattlehawk94

LOLOLOLOL

Love a 23 Year Old who's never been around for the REAL SHIT SEASONS enlightening us..hahaha...."Deported like a bag of coffee from Columbia"? Uh....huh? That sentence makes as much sense as a dog in a tutu...

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
2008 was just two years ago and I'd say that is the worst season in Seattle sports history.

Mariners after great expectations lose over 100 games.

Sonics suffer the franchises worst season ever by losing 60. Then the Sonics move in July.

The Seahawks go 4-12 the worst season since 1992. Huskies go 0-12, Cougars go 2-11.

Basically not one sports team gave us anything to cheer about and we lost our frigging team too.

S

Seattlehawk94

Maybe the worst "SEASON" in Seattle sports history but it's alot better after all the good stuff that happen in his "era" before that...

Try; Seahawks almost moving, Mariners almost moving MANY TIMES, not getting to .500 for 15 years, etc. etc. etc...

Most of these KIDS haven't seen the real shit....As for the Supes....Big whoop....Miss them but...I'd rather have that niche sport gone than OUR REAL TEAMS....

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes I'm 25 and the Mariners struggling to me is depressing because it's new. While to my dad it's even more depressing because it's back to square one all over again.

I'd say my age group was kind of spoiled since most of us became fans in the mid 1990's when the Sonics and Mariners had great runs. The Seahawks weren't horrible anymore either starting in 1995-2007 their worst season was one 6-10 season.

S

Seattlehawk94

That's what get's me about some "fans" jumping off the bandwagon....I was 16 years old standing in front of a truck in Kirkland trying to stop Ball Behring from taking my team after JUST saving enough money to be able to get my first season tickets on MY OWN for the 1996 season...You want pain...Try that on for size...

Try making cold calls in 1995 two years before I could vote in an election to tell people to save the M's and being called dirty words and hung up on...Best of all "I hope they DO LEAVE!---click"....Wanna know why I hate Seattle"fan"? Because I'm sure PLENTY of those cocksuckers were first in line for tickets the day they made the playoffs "I LOVE THE M'S! YEEEAH!"....Fuckers...

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
My first year as a sports fan was in 1994 I was nine years old what a year.

Sonics have the best record in the NBA so as a "favor" to me my dad got me in the Sonics. He knew championships in Seattle are rare so he wanted me to get into this "special" season. Thanks dad my first sports memory is of Mutombo with the stupid ball over his head on the ground.lol.

Then baseball season comes along and the Mariners suck but what made this crappy year "special" was two things. First the Kingdome tile collapsed meaning they had to play the rest of their season on the road. That year what many forget is despite the Mariners being 13 games under .500 they were just two back in the AL West. We were going to set history like the NFC West this year. Then the baseball strike.

Then comes football the Seahawks actually start off pretty good start off 3-0 including a good Pittsburgh at home and winning in L.A. against the hated the Raiders. That team fell apart went 6-10 including letting 0-4 Denver and 0-8 Cincy record their first wins against us in the Kingdome.

Then Husky football has the whammy in Miami ranked 9th in the country. Then the pick happens in Autzen starts the Ducks dynasty and that rivalry shifts for the worst. Then in Kaufman's last game ever we lose to the Cougs(granted a good cougs team) to finish 7-4 after being 5-1.

Yes 1994 what a "great" year to break in as a fan.lol. Probably explains why I'm so negative now.

S

Seattlehawk94

Sonics have the best record in the NBA so as a "favor" to me my dad got me in the Sonics. He knew championships in Seattle are rare so he wanted me to get into this "special" season. Thanks dad my first sports memory is of Mutombo with the stupid ball over his head on the ground.lol.

HAHA....Cleaned up on that Series....Most of my HS was full of chumps and I knew the Sonics would choked...When they went up 2-0 it was right before Spring Break, told everyone "they won't close it out, pay me when we get back to school"...Got alot of "HAHAHAHA, Nuggets are gonna get swept"..Was sweating when Kemp went to the line, then he missed and Packman hit a 3 to force OT in Game 3...They won....Then they won again...Then they came back to Seattle and I was sweating again until Deek was on the floor hugging the ball...

Won $1,135 bones for that Series...For a 16 year old with a McJob that was 3 paychecks worth of money I was risking...What I used that money for?

Then baseball season comes along and the Mariners suck but what made this crappy year "special" was two things. First the Kingdome tile collapsed meaning they had to play the rest of their season on the road. That year what many forget is despite the Mariners being 13 games under .500 they were just two back in the AL West. We were going to set history like the NFC West this year. Then the baseball strike.

I bought a half season ticket to the M's for the final few months of the season....Sitting in the parking lot in July (it was a dirt lot behind the old Filson Building, it's now known as SAFECO Field), I heard Niehaus and Chip Carey on radio talking about "tiles falling" and there'd be no game that night...

So when they decided Cheney wasn't playable they sent me a refund check for the remaining games....Knew the strike was starting on August 12th, looked at the sked and decided since they were going to play in Oakland from the 9th to 11th I'd go on a road trip...16 years old and my ass drove to Oaktown and saw Junior hit the last HR of the 1994 in MLB and the M's staying hot--all the while HOPING that I'd see another game that year....

They wouldn't have "made history"....They were so hot, the 1995 Refuse to Lose might've started a year early....If they kept playing they wouldn't have just broken .500, they might've won the whole fucking thing...They were a better team in 1994 than in 1995....Some "experts" did a sim of how that season would've ended and they had us beating the Braves in the World Series basically going on some unreal run to the playoffs doing it...To me the only thing that kept THAT team from a title was the strike....They were RED HOT....

Personally I think if they kept playing MLB would've been FORCED to look at Cheney as an option with adding temp bleachers to fit more people...That or like the Seahawks, I've heard rumors from people in the know Selig was here looking at Fuskie Stadium as a venue if we kept rolling...Would've been like the Coliseum for the Dodgers but....They weren't going to force them to play on the road for the postseason and weren't going to use Cheney....Actually saw a diagram of they using the closed endzone as home plate...

Then comes football the Seahawks actually start off pretty good start off 3-0 including a good Pittsburgh at home and winning in L.A. against the hated the Raiders. That team fell apart went 6-10 including letting 0-4 Denver and 0-8 Cincy record their first wins against us in the Kingdome.

2-1...We lost to SD at Fuskie Stadium on a 99 Yard TD pass from Humphries to Martin....Never forget that play...Was shocked and didn't even have the heart to boo in the stands....They beat Pissburgh the next week at Fuskie Stadium in a 65 degree 3:45 start time which I still think was kinda cool....It was an Indian Summer day the sky was clear and it was beautiful from my seats on the Lakeside...Remember that fondly because it was the last time my dad went with me to a Seahawks game....He went to many more M's games but just couldn't cheer at Hawks games like that anymore so it was kinda a game I will never forget...Knew something was wrong with him that day...Kinda forshadowed our futures....

That Cincy game was a crusher....We let Darnay Scott eat us up the whole game yet they didn't score a TD and won in OT....Was the final nail in Flores' coffin...

Then Husky football has the whammy in Miami ranked 9th in the country. Then the pick happens in Autzen starts the Ducks dynasty and that rivalry shifts for the worst. Then in Kaufman's last game ever we lose to the Cougs(granted a good cougs team) to finish 7-4 after being 5-1.

Try being a Cougs fan that year...One of the best defenses in Pac-10 history and Chad Davis as QB....Won the all-important Alamo Bowl....If they had ANY offense they would've contended for a National Title...That was the same year Aaron "nepotism" Price was the Kicker so that didn't help either...

Yes 1994 what a "great" year to break in as a fan.lol. Probably explains why I'm so negative now.

Try growing up with:

Lakers Dynasty
Marcel Dionne and the Kings being competitive (or NHL in general)
1981 World Series Champions
Move to LA! I have an AFC TEAM CLOSER THAN SD!
Raiders Superbowl Champions
Rams Competing for the NFC Championship year after year with Dickerson
Angels 1 STRIKE AWAY in 1986....Watched that game and could go out in the backyard and hear the stadium roar where I lived..
USC always a contender
1984 Olympics and going to events....Saw Jordan win a gold metal in person...
Padres going to World Series in 1984...
Chargers with Fouts almost getting to Superbowl..
UCLA always in the upper tier of the Pac-10

Then I move up here.....

I get-----

Bozworthless the first year I change teams to see what Seattle is all about..
eMbarrassers never getting to .500 until 1991
Supes losing to my old team the Fakers in a sweep in the WCF..
No NHL
Cougs suck (couldn't root for Fuskies, USC alligences ran too deep)

Pretty much I got screwed...

A year later Gibson hits his HR off of Eck and I'm depressed that I didn't get to see a victory parade, Gretzky is traded from the Oilers to my hometown Kings and I don't even get to enjoy it...

Then....The Fakers go back to the Finals...The Kings go to the Finals....The Ducks arrive....Chargers go to Superbowl..UCLA wins National Title (HERE! Went to it!)....Padres go back to World Series....Fakers start ANOTHER dynasty...Ducks go to Finals...Ducks win Cup....USC becomes powerhouse....

Only thing that I'm glad about being a Seattlefan by that point is I didn't have to have to deal with the fact BOTH my teams left town for St. Loser and Cokeland.....So I started out thinking "hey, I'm going to be enjoying Championships FOREVER..."

Little did I know after I saw "Showtime" win it's Championship 1987 right before we left, I'd NEVER see another of my teams holding a trophy at the end....

Top Bottom