• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where’s the QB?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Seahawks emerged from the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday night without selecting a quarterback, but four were taken before they made the 25th pick.
But as far as coach Pete Carroll is concerned, the Seahawks already got a QB from this draft: Charlie Whitehurst, who was acquired last year in a trade with the San Diego Chargers. The deal cost the Seahawks their third-round pick in this draft.
“John (Schneider, the GM) and I are of the mindset that we always have to look at the quarterback position – every year, every draft we’re going to continue to do that,” Carroll said after the Seahawks had selected Alabama tackle James Carpenter.
“This year’s draft, Charlie is our third-round pick. I don’t know if you guys (reporters) realize that, but that’s something we’re very well aware of.
“We’re going to continue to deal with the quarterback position. Remember last year, the first big thing we did was to go get Charlie. He’s already come in and won a big game for us (the season finale against the Rams) as our pick in this year’s draft. So we think we’ve already been paid back on that front.
“But by no means are we done. We’ve got some question marks there, obviously.”
The QBs that went in the first round: Cam Newton, at No. 1 to the Panthers; Jake Locker, at No. 8 to the Titans; Blaine Gabbert, at No. 10 to the Redskins; and Christian Ponder, at No. 12 to the Vikings.
“It surprised me,” Schneider said of four QBs going in the first 12 picks.
The draft continues Friday with the second and third rounds. The Seahawks have the 57th pick overall in the second round. The final four rounds will be conducted Saturday, when the Seahawks have six picks.

b.gif
34sKMSub3VA

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom