• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tony Washington... WTF are you waiting for Pete??!

Reaction score
Seriously?

We are depleted at Tackle... our back up guard is our starting LT and we haven't at least brought this kid in for a work out.

This guy is possibly more talented than every guy drafted at his position... including our boy Russel.

Yes, he did some "fucked up" things by our "perfect" societies standards, but that was a decade ago and if you read about this kids life and childhood you would think twice before you judged.

And considering how Pete has given just about everyone (crackhead Reggie Williams, etc) a chance, why they wouldn't at least give this kid a shot is beyond me??

What's the worst that would happen? You think Seattle's HOMER media would be rough on this kid? Who Danny O'Neil, Clare Fonsworth.... HELL NO?

Do you think our players would give him a hard time?? Our locker room of happy-go-lucky guys?? NO!

If anyone on here has ANYWAY to communicate with PC or his front office.... PLEASE PLEASE DO IT and tell them to pull their head out of their ass!!!

T.Dub could be a HoF tackle for all we know... why not find out??!

HawksNation

Huddler
Reaction score
I am not sure why the Hawks are waiting on this guy. This is a great read about his story.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517"]NFL -- Allison Glock profiles Tony Washington, the almost-recruit whose past has derailed a future pro career - ESPN[/ame]

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Great article, read it last night.

It just baffles me how hypocritical our society is... there are so many CEO's, presidents of huge companies, actors, producers, lawyers, politicians, etc.. that have done so many fucked up things... and are still living the life, and this kid fucked up when he was FIFTEEN!! FIF-fucking-TEEN, please reach into your memory bank and try to remember how good your judgment was back then.

GIVE HIM A SHOT!!!

Reaction score
I have no clue why they haven't added depth to the O-Line. Seems like all they want to do is add depth at WR when they don't need it.

pauleyb

Huddler
Reaction score
Tony Washington

I'd love to see Tony get a workout here in Seattle. We could use a guy with some hunger and desire to exceed expectations.

Here in Seattle, a guy like Tony could find a much more forgiving environment. The bible thumping south has a propensity for saving everyone from themselves and so on. I know that I would gladly welcome him in my neighborhood.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Say what you will about the "bible thumping south", but Abilene Christian, one of the more conservative schools in the nation gave this kid a chance and you're telling me no NFL team can...?? That is truly sad, especially if the kid never gets a chance!!

pauleyb

Huddler
Reaction score
Tony Washington

#ONE;49703 said:
Say what you will about the "bible thumping south", but Abilene Christian, one of the more conservative schools in the nation gave this kid a chance and you're telling me no NFL team can...?? That is truly sad, especially if the kid never gets a chance!!

And that was a step toward a better life for Tony. I understand what you are saying. My main point is that up here in the pacific northwest, Tony *may* find a more inviting and forgiving culture where he could prosper as a professional athlete and finally leave the past in the past whatever the "real" story between he and his sister is. If he does get his chance in the NFL, then he would have the resources to go back after that false conviction and have it overturned or, in the very least, expunged and his status as a sex offender removed.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh...THE DUDE FUCKED HIS SISTER!!

I don't think anywhere you really get a pass on that, not like conVick icing Old Yeller----DUDE........FUCKED......HIS SISTER!!

I don't want this "incest is best" fool anywhere near my team...There are some things that even "I'm sorrys" on E!spn can never change....I mean....DUDE.....FUCKED......HIS SISTER!! I'm sorry don't change that shit...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think there will be quite a few linemen released over the next couple weeks (I've read near 150). They could be waiting on who is released.

garydrake425

Huddler
Reaction score
i say wait. this guy aint right. messing around with your sister is nasty and we would never hear the end of it. All that shit people talk about ben rape'o. think about shit people would say about us, we aready get enough bullshit thrown are way. the refs would never let us win a game again. think about the SB calls but every game. I dont think it would get that bad but really, his sis.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
garydrake425;49750 said:
i say wait. this guy aint right. messing around with your sister is nasty and we would never hear the end of it. All that shit people talk about ben rape'o. think about shit people would say about us, we aready get enough bullshit thrown are way. the refs would never let us win a game again. think about the SB calls but every game. I dont think it would get that bad but really, his sis.

I couldnt agree more. The people ok with this must be from our "southern syndicate"

S

Seattlehawk94

Amen....That would take our right to talk shit to any team's fans...EVER!
Whatever smack we come up with can be responded to with "Dude fucks his sister"...

V

vandeetz

#ONE;49791 said:
Well so much for that idea...

It may not be popular, but I agree with you.

Number 18 is the only guy making a statement based on football.

While I don't condone what Washington did, should he be punished his entire life for this mistake? He plead guilty, he's a registered sex offender, he's doing his best to make amends for it, as opposed to some of the thug chumps all over the league getting by because they're crimes aren't so taboo. And they'll probably do it again next week.

He may not be a fit for this team and maybe we'll find some good guys getting cut as teams trim down their rosters. I just don't think worrying about juvenile BS is a reason to keep him out of the NFL. I personally hoped we'd snag him after the draft when he went undrafted. If he doesn't work out or is too big a distraction you cut him for nothing, but if he's as good as people say he can be the fans will forget about his past.

sorry for the rant just my 2 cents.

S

Seattlehawk94

vandeetz;49813 said:
It may not be popular, but I agree with you.

Number 18 is the only guy making a statement based on football.

While I don't condone what Washington did, should he be punished his entire life for this mistake? He plead guilty, he's a registered sex offender, he's doing his best to make amends for it, as opposed to some of the thug chumps all over the league getting by because they're crimes aren't so taboo. And they'll probably do it again next week.

He may not be a fit for this team and maybe we'll find some good guys getting cut as teams trim down their rosters. I just don't think worrying about juvenile BS is a reason to keep him out of the NFL. I personally hoped we'd snag him after the draft when he went undrafted. If he doesn't work out or is too big a distraction you cut him for nothing, but if he's as good as people say he can be the fans will forget about his past.

sorry for the rant just my 2 cents.

Forget his past? Football fans have long memories, shit I still think of Irving and the Dallas Crackboys whenever I see a star on.a.silver helmet, don't want the Totem Pole Osprey logo to mean "incest" to enemy fans..

V

vandeetz

Seattlehawk94;49814 said:
Forget his past? Football fans have long memories, shit I still think of Irving and the Dallas Crackboys whenever I see a star on.a.silver helmet, don't want the Totem Pole Osprey logo to mean "incest" to enemy fans..

This is what I was talking about when I talked about arguments with no consideration to football. Like I said maybe I'm wrong here and he's not a fit, but seriously your only reason against this acquisition is this juvenile BS? This is the kind of crap I thought we left at the school yard in 5th grade.

He seems legitimately remorseful for his crime, and deserves a 2nd chance for something that happened when he was 15 years old. Are you against him getting a 2nd chance in general or just with the Seahawks? if it's just the latter it seems childish.

And I wasn't refering to fans around the league forgetting about it but our fans. I'm not arguing that this is probable, but if this guy helped us in a big way get that big Super Bowl ring people in this town wouldn't remember his past.

like I said it's not probable and it looks like this deal will never happen, but sometimes you gotta show some compassion and that's certainly lacking on here.

S

Seattlehawk94

Schoolyard shit?
I don't think any of us fucked our own sisters on the jungle gym...

Sex Offenses are "childish"? I'm all for second chances but again...DUDE FUCKED HIS SISTER..TWICE....If you are okay with that I have to ask what Southern State you are from..

Top Bottom