• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seeing is believing

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
You’ve heard and read all about the nine players the Seahawks selected in the NFL Draft – from first-round pick James Carpenter to Malcolm Smith, the 242nd pick overall. But seeing is believing. Check out some of the top YouTube videos (mostly fan made) from this year’s draft class.
First-round pick: James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
Did you know? His favorite meal is macaroni and cheese – his mother’s macaroni and cheese.
You don’t say: “I wouldn’t have drafted him if he was finesse. That’s not my style. I thought he was a very physical presence at Alabama in a tremendous league against a lot of very talented defensive ends in that league.” – line coach Tom Cable
Third-round pick: John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin
Did you know? His father, Dave, and uncle, Steven, played college basketball at New Haven; another uncle, Jim, played football at Temple.
You don’t say: “This guy’s just a (butt)-kicker. That’s where it starts.” – general manager John Schneider
Fourth-round pick: Kris Durham, WR, Georgia
Did you know? In addition to being an all-state football player at Calhoun (Ga.) High School, he also played basketball and was a qualifier for the state track and field meet in the 4×400 relay, high jump, 110 hurdles, 300 hurdles and 4X100 relay.
You don’t say: “We had to kind of adjust him in a slot to make sure we got him, because we were all pretty excited about him.” – Schneider
Fifth-round pick: Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford
Did you know? He chose Stanford over USC coming out of Dominquez High School because he wanted to “make that known to people that you can go to Stanford from Compton,” he said.
You don’t say: “I’ve known this kid since he was in high school. I know what his background is, and I know his smarts and his attitude and all that. He is a wonderful kid that can play for us and I’m real excited about that one.” – Carroll, who recruited Sherman while coaching at USC
Fifth-round pick: Mark LeGree, S, Appalachian State
Did you know? He intercepted 22 passes in three seasons, including 10 in 2008 to lead the nation.
You don’t say: “We’ve been on this kid for a long time and hoping that we would have a chance.” – Carroll
Sixth-round pick: Bryon Maxwell, CB, Clemson
Did you know? He chose Clemson over Georgia, Maryland, Nebraska, Notre Dame, South Carolina and Virginia Tech – despite not playing his senior season at Fort Dorchester High School in South Carolina because of a knee injury.
You don’t say: “Just being physical; that’s my best attribute. I can bring it.” – Maxwell
Seventh-round pick: Malcolm Smith, LB, USC
Did you know? He is the younger brother of Steve Smith, a wide receiver who also played for Carroll at USC and is now with the New York Giants.
You don’t say: “He was a running back in high school, and he plays with that kind of agility.” – Carroll

b.gif
YfIq377iwy4

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom