• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks pick OT Justin Britt in 2nd

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score

RENTON, Wash. -- The pick: Missouri OT Justin Britt (6-5, 325) with the final selection of Round 2.

i
My take: Many Seahawks fans probably said “finally” with the team selecting an offensive lineman, the biggest need area in the eyes of most observers. But again, this wasn’t the highest-rated OT left on the board. Britt played left tackle at Mizzou but probably will compete for the right tackle spot in camp. Britt was not listed among the top 10 OTs on most draft boards, and was seen as a fourth- to fifth-round pick by most experts.

Big blocks and big moments: Britt seemed to play his best and kick it into an extra gear when the Tigers were near the goal line. He posted 14 touchdown-resulting blocks in 2013, helping Missouri rush for 3,300 yards. He started 36 games in his college career and was All-SEC in 2013.

What’s next: At the moment, the Seahawks do not have a third-round pick, but they will have three fourth-round picks on Saturday morning.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Plus the cap price is easier to swallow. ;)

The front office is using sports analytics like hogs use mud to stay cool. They are bathed in it! LOL

They must have a secret algorithm that nobody has thought of yet. Sneaky bastards at Microsoft at it again.

Still all in...hell yeah baby!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Plus the cap price is easier to swallow. ;)

The front office is using sports analytics like hogs use mud to stay cool. They are bathed in it! LOL

They must have a secret algorithm that nobody has thought of yet. Sneaky bastards at Microsoft at it again.

Still all in...hell yeah baby!

The salary cap hell algorithm says get cheaper players and scratchy toilet paper, reuse stamps, charter bus to all games and Motel 6 and all training room towels are accounted for or 10 laps for everyone.:D

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The salary cap hell algorithm says get cheaper players and scratchy toilet paper, reuse stamps, charter bus to all games and Motel 6 and all training room towels are accounted for or 10 laps for everyone.:D

I finally cracked the code... BB12 is RW , and RW is BB12.
Finkle and Einhorn.... Einhorn and Finkle.

Im not even kidding...

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

Im not even kidding...

You can't realistically explain away the actions other than the effect upon the salary cap. Otherwise given Petey's supposed 'system' of getting high value starters in the late rounds they would have traded away their 1st and 2nd round picks, which they didn't. It's the salary cap. Can't keep making players the highest paid at their position with other essential players to be re-signed soon and not run into the salary cap. Late round players can be had on the cheap. Guarantee the NFLPA's greatest owner ally in getting the salary cap raised will be Paul Allen. Or perhaps the cap will be raised considerably soon? Or eliminated altogether? We'll see.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks must have believed that Britt would be taken in the 3rd and that he wouldn't make it to them in the 4th . There must be something they like and something they assumed another team might like to. Maybe he's Breno minus the penelities ?

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score

Im not even kidding...

The fact you're "not even kidding" is the best part. I'd pretend to be a Raider before a lamb...just saying.

I take it the whole ignore thing isn't working? :)

Top Bottom