• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks making room for WR Jackson ?

HawksNation

Huddler
Reaction score
The Chargers just pick up Crayton from the Cowboys and the Seahawks are cutting or trading Housh. Does this mean that the Seahawks are making room for Vincent Jackson ? They also traded Wilson for a 5th round pick. Will this be used in the trade for Vincent ? What are your thoughts on this ?

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, if something is going to happen, it is going to happen in the next 48 hours. Going to be an interesting 2 days...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Now that Housh is gone, this situation just got a lot more interesting. What do you think gets this deal done? I am thinking a second round pick will do that trick. To get V Jack for a second rounder would be fantastic value for both teams. Pull the trigger Carol!

Other thoughts on Housh. He just never really seemed like part of the team to me. I am sad to see him go because he is such a dynamic reciever, but I am OK with the release if it means VJ getting brought on.

Reaction score
What would apposing DB's do if Jackson and Williams are line up flanker and split end?? Who would you put your best DB on? Who would you put your fastest DB on?? I think having 2 receivers that are 6'5" would be a huge match up problem for 5'10"-6' corners...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
The Chargers exploited that all year last year with VJ and Malcom Floyd. It was a good problem to have as far as they were concerned. Hopefully we could get the same thing going. I am excited about that thought.

Reaction score
dizzle498;50012 said:
Now that Housh is gone, this situation just got a lot more interesting. What do you think gets this deal done? I am thinking a second round pick will do that trick. To get V Jack for a second rounder would be fantastic value for both teams. Pull the trigger Carol!

Other thoughts on Housh. He just never really seemed like part of the team to me. I am sad to see him go because he is such a dynamic reciever, but I am OK with the release if it means VJ getting brought on.

V-Jack is not worth a 2nd round pick. The Dolphins gave up at 3rd/4th round pick for Marshall and he's significantly better than Jackson.

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
RockOutWithYourHawkOut;50023 said:
V-Jack is not worth a 2nd round pick. The Dolphins gave up at 3rd/4th round pick for Marshall and he's significantly better than Jackson.
The Dolphins gave up two 2nd round picks to get Brandon Marshall...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
KRS-ONE;50025 said:
The Dolphins gave up two 2nd round picks to get Brandon Marshall...

Yes, this is true. I think if the Seahawks offer 1 2nd rounder, that would be fair. V Jack is not Brandon Marshall, but then again, he isn't half the player Marshall is either. Maybe a 3rd and a 5th? Or a 2nd and a 5th gets it done? Either would be OK with me. He is a difference maker.

Reaction score
No, he came out and said he'd take less money like 7 mill per season which is what Housh was making... Actually less Housh's contract averaged season $8 mill per season.

Reaction score
Trade talks over [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8475"]Vincent Jackson Profile - San Diego Chargers - ESPN[/ame] are dead between the San Diego Chargers and an unnamed team after agents for the holdout wide receiver agreed on terms for a new contract with the unnamed team, a league source told ESPN.com.
The agents for Pro Bowler Jackson and the unnamed team agreed to terms on a contract Saturday after the team was given permission by San Diego to talk to Jackson, according to the source.

AFC West blog

williamson_bill_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division [ame="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest"]AFC West Blog - ESPN[/ame]. • [ame="http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation"]NFL Nation Blog - ESPN[/ame]

Talks ended after the Chargers and the unnamed team reached an impasse over trade compensation, according to the source. The exact compensation package San Diego is seeking is unknown, but the team does believe Jackson is a valuable player, so it's no surprise they want a lot in return for him.
San Diego's trade demands could decrease as Jackson's holdout continues or the Chargers' could let him sit out the season. Jackson has said he is prepared to sit out the entire season.
Jackson held out all of training camp and the preseason, seeking a five-year contract worth $50 million, with $30 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton. San Diego is balking at giving him a new deal.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;50064 said:
No, he came out and said he'd take less money like 7 mill per season which is what Housh was making... Actually less Housh's contract averaged season $8 mill per season.

where do you see that? ESPN just reported and reiterated he wants 30 mil guaranteed and 5yr/50.

YM89

Huddler
Reaction score
A 2nd and 3rd rounder to bring him in. Can you imagine 2 big receivers like Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson in the lineup. This could cause matchup problems. The thing about Jackson is that he has good speed also.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
We need our draft picks. We are already without a 3rd rounder next year and we'll probably need a good pass rusher, a QB, an RB, more OL, etc.

Trading away those picks would be a Ruskell move. We are past that.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
YM89;50096 said:
A 2nd and 3rd rounder to bring him in. Can you imagine 2 big receivers like Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson in the lineup. This could cause matchup problems. The thing about Jackson is that he has good speed also.

I agree totally with this. Jackson is a complete difference maker. It would be hard to find anyone in the 2nd or 3rd round that could possibly ever contribute as much as Jackson could right away. While I do agree that we need our draft picks, we need help desperately scoring points too.

There is another thread going around about how Matt isn't himself anymore, or that he is but just has bad protection. You know what would make him a lot better fast? VJ.

Top Bottom