• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Qwest No. 3

S

Seattlehawk94

ONLY issue I have about Qwest is they won't let you smoke even in the open air park in the North part of the stadium...If you want to smoke you have to leave, and there is NO RE-ENTRY...Kinda bullshit because I used to love having a halftime cigar....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how Heinz Field is that high. There are several other stadiums I would much rather see a game in - and not just because I hate the Stealers.

S

Seattlehawk94

Heinz is nice due to it's location on the river.....I hate that team, city, fanbase, etc...But that stadium is pretty damned cool...Plus they have PERMANTI BROTHERS SANDWICHES which alone moves them up the list to where they are at in my book!

*=Been To
My Top 10:
1. Lambeau Field: It's Mecca for ANY NFL Fan, brats, beers, cold, history....
2. *Qwest Field: Loud, Beautiful Views, Good Eats, Only knock is smoking, and tailgating...
3. Heinz Field: Parmanti Bros., River location, kinda a mix of Lambeau and Qwest...
4. *Arrowhead: Sea of Red, Tailgating Paradise, Friendly Fans, BBQ
5. Foxboro: Lighthouse, Bawwwston fan, and Minutemen firing off musketts
6. Titans Stadium: Riverfront Location, Music Row
7. *The Giant Toaster: Pat Tillman Plaza, Hot Weather Games in Nov and Dec, cool design (even if it does look like a toaster)
8. Ford Field: Old Warehouse is actually now the area for luxury boxes, kinda like a ballpark in that way.
9. RayJay: FIRE THE CANNONS! Pirate Ship, Warm weather year round
10. Superdome: Bourbon Street, 'Nawlins Cooking, Chicks showing boobies for beads...

I LOVED *Mile High, but *Invesco is toooooooo corporate and sterile...Boring as hell....
*Oakland is a dump but fun and great tailgating...
*SD is nice for the weather and tailgating but the sightlines are bad unless you are higher up...
*Candlestick is windy, cold, crappy food, okay tailgating, in the ghetto, bad sightlines, and basically a joke....They should burn that place down...
*Sun Devil was a damn oven and you could cook an egg on the metal bleachers, saw someone try it! No concessions really and a long walk after paying to park.
*L.A. Coliseum is almost in Compton, it's a ghetto hellhole, the seats are a mile away from the field, horrible concessions, NO TAILGATING
*Anaheim Stadium used to be good for tailgating, the food was standard, and the crowd was bland..
*Husky Stadium sucked for tailgating, no beer, concession sucked, half the crowd was opponents fans..
*Kingdome was nice in the winter, but the concourses were as small as hamster trails, the food sucked, the crowds either didn't show up most of the time at the end or was mostly opponent fans...
*BC Place--saw a Hawks-Whiners game there in 1998 and it actually isn't a bad NFL type stadium.....The Metrodome is supposed to have the same plans as this place so I don't see why it can't be remodeled much like they are doing in VanCity...

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
94, I don't know which game you went to at arrowhead, but when I was there, the fans were assholes, I was so excited when I saw the giant parking lot full of tailgaters (i believe more people than the stadium holds) but I've never had so much shit thrown at me than when my friends and I hit that lot. When I finally found some Hawk fans to hang out with they said they had known where we were for quite some time due to all the ruccus everywhere we went! I personally insulted every chiefs fan I saw at Qwest this year because of the way I was treated there.

Lambeua was definitely a different story, the fans there were great, and the whole experience was awesome, I highly recommend that every football fan should go there at least once.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Ford Field is definitely in the top ten; seen several games there (including my first Hawks game!). Anything that gets you out of the Detroit cold is good, and with walking access and being next to Comerica Park (another great field) gets major points--especially if you've ever been to the Silverdome, which was out in the middle of nowhere, had horrid acoustics (seeing a concert was like going to an airplane hangar) and getting out after a game was like Times Square at New Year's Eve.

Funny how the article writer slammed one stadium because it was "19 years old." Good grief! Any idea how much is involved in a new stadium or even renovating one? Wonder what he'd think of the Roman Coliseum. Crap like that gives Americans a bad name. What else should we replace, the Empire State Building? St. Patrick's Cathedral? The Alamo? Carnegie Hall? Disneyland? What a tool.

Candlestick is lame, true, but only because there's just nothing else there. No places for kids, no shops, no restaurants. The history is cool. Tailgating was a blast. Fans are way better than sucky Stealers or Philly Criminals. Bad part, tho, to get a program I had to take an escalator down to the main gate! None of the souvenir stands sell them. At Qwest, there were tons of vendors outside AND inside selling them, and for half the price! (Granted they were smaller, but much easier to carry, and the dough went to charity. What's not to like?)

I doubt anything could ever match Qwest for me. I've only seen two games there so far but each time it was a friggin' near-religious experience. (It helped that we won both times, I'm sure!)
:emoticon-0178-rock:

I'd like to go to Lambeau, but I'd never want to go to that overrated, poorly designed Dallas debacle--they should rename it Class Action Stadium.
:nea:

BTW, what's the diff between Artificial Turf and Field Turf?

S

Seattlehawk94

Both are "artificial" but Field Truf is more spongy like real grass and dirt and even has "blades of grass" as well as rubber "bb's" sprinkled in it (hence when someone slides that black dust stuff goes all around) artificial turf is plain old Astroturf with a flat surface pretty much with padding under it..

No NFL team uses plain old "artificial" turf anymore....It's all Field Turf or grass now....

Went to KC in 1999 and had no problems...Pretty much talked shit back and forth and that was that....

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, I was shocked to hear you say that when you did...KCfan hooked me up with some good BBQ, some good smack talk, and a few beers....Best tailgating in the NFL....

S

Seattlehawk94

Nope, they all are grass or Field Turf or a Field Turf knockout...I dont think any colleges even use original Astroturf anymore...Sine teams have gone from grass to Field Turf but nobody uses that concretelike Astroturf, its gone that way of the dodo...The last team to switch was the Viqueens...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks were the first NFL team to have the Field Turf when they played at Husky Stadium. I don't know if the Huskies were the first team I think Nebraska beat us by a year.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55451 said:
*=Been To

I saw the Jets play the Pats at the old Meadowlands when I lived in NYC. It was pretty rad. Especially because the Pats spanked them.

I also saw the Saints play the Bears when I was living in New Orleans just after Katrina. So I had to watch them play in LSU's Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. That stadium was a pile of shit. And Saints fans were totally dejected - Drew Brees had not gotten arrived (still Aaron Brooks), they were on their way to the opposite of our 2005 season with a fun 3-13 record. I felt pretty bad for them.

Reaction score
I've been to:

Qwest - the SHIZZ.

Meadowlands - Glad they tore it down.

Cleveland - That place SUCKS.

Titans (LP Field) - Cool place.

Cincinnati - Awesome stadium.

Atlanta - Decent. It's when the Falcons sucked, so there was no home field advantage for them. No volume at all.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55499 said:
Both are "artificial" but Field Truf is more spongy like real grass and dirt and even has "blades of grass" as well as rubber "bb's" sprinkled in it (hence when someone slides that black dust stuff goes all around) artificial turf is plain old Astroturf with a flat surface pretty much with padding under it..

No NFL team uses plain old "artificial" turf anymore....It's all Field Turf or grass now....

Thanks much, 94. What threw me, tho, is that the article lists Dallas's new field as "Artificial Turf", Buffalo's as "AstroPlay", and St. Louis's as "Astroturf."

Talk about confusing!

S

Seattlehawk94

No worries....Yeah, everything NOT grass is "artificial turf" but unlike the old days where "Astroturf" was the only maker of fake turf there are like 4 or 5 companies making it now...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Anything with the word "astro" in it now, like AstroPlay, is made by the AstroTurf company. It is just more like Field Turf than the original AstroTurf (I did some reading on it :)).

Top Bottom