• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Play Calling

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I still get red faced mad when I think of either play call on the goal line in the last two games.

Against St. Louis we call back to back read option plays which we got caught behind the LOS. And for the record I think one of those plays was a 'called bootleg' because RW had NO intentions on handing that ball off. Though if he had.. it would have been for six because Lynch had a lane of the LG and Mike Rob had his guy blocked. I hate the call for a couple of reasons:

a.) Why call a outside boot against St.Louis DE Chris Long. Bad fucking Idea.
b.) Why get cute on the 1 yard line? Just pound the rock, feed the beast, he's earned it.

Against 0-7 TB:

1st and Goal on the 3rd we try to "outsmart" the room, and end up throwing a pick.
Once again Darrell Bevel trying to get cute on the goal line. What is the real head slapper was that he decided to try to hit a short button hook up the middle. Ive never been one to point out RW height as a limitation, but there couldn't be a riskier play call in the book for our offense.

If we are run first team then WTF are we not going to the run, and why cant we stop the run. To me this team has lost its way a bit, and I blame the coaching. I know we are 8-1 and we are favored for the SB and all that happy horse shit, but whoopdy do da day.
This team is not beating any team in the playoffs if we keep fucking up schematically.

Pete Carrol get this team back to your ways, protect the football, play great defense and specially teams, and run first.
I dont care if the opposing coach, players, and everyone in the stands knows your going to run the ball, you do it anyways, and have confidence in the beast to find the promised land.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I agree, great teams impose their will on you , we're going to run the ball down your throat and you can't stop us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom