• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Peppers likely to leave Panthers in free agency

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Would be a great addition. Carroll loves defense so maybe that is a plus with us getting Peppers~! Probably a long shot, but would be sweet if we could get him.

Reaction score
I think it may depend on Kerney retiring. The thing with the current FA market is simple... will there be a cap or not? If not as I touched on in my blog that means once a cap is re-inserted that contract the player signed to with the team will then count against the cap. It's hard to say how that will affect neogatitions and stuff like that. I think Peppers will fit well in Seattle, but if I recall correctly from the Pro Bowl last night he wants to play for a 3-4 defense. If Seattle talks with him I think that means we will be making the switch on defense.

Reaction score
With the talent the Seahawks have at Linebacker it would be hard to say no to a 3-4 defense. It's not like switching to a 3-4 is that complicated either. If anything it allows for more creative blitz packages.

And I know SeahawkWag is going to say Hill/Tatupu don't have "talent". But seriously, who can display talent when you play on a team that went 9-23 over the past two years?

Reaction score
Problem I have with the 3-4 switch is we don't have a true 3-4 Tackle. Mebane I don't think fits the scheme and if Colin Cole did why did Green Bay let him walk? We need a guy like a Casey Hampton or Vince Wolfork.

Top Bottom