• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ONE MORE YEAR!!!----Yes? No?

S

Seattlehawk94

Junior for 2010?

I say bring him back...He done everything asked of him in 2009...He's the team leader and in 2010 we should take the next step and contend if not win the AL West...Let JR lead, he's the reason we are going to be over .500 this year...Reward the King of Baseball in Seattle with one last season and maybe 2011 as a player/coach for a chance at 3,000 hits!

Did you see him yesterday? He wasn't going to let NY celebrate on SAFECO Field...He ended the victory party before it even had a chance to start...

Reaction score
Probably a month ago Junior said he is open to coming back next year and he definitely should. He said this year was the most fun year he has ever had. We also need to keep Sweeney, Branyan and Beltre around. And most importantly, we need to sign Felix to a lengthy contract soon.

Reaction score
This one is tough for me. I love Griffey as much as anybody, and it was cool seeing him back in Seattle this year, but I don't necessarily want him back next year. Having a DH in the 4 spot hitting .219, with 16 HRs, and 50 RBI's isn't helping us get closer to the playoffs. This team desperately needs to upgrade our offense, and unfortunately, at age 40, Griffey isn't the solution. I'm just really hoping that we avoid an awkward situation, and he makes the correct decision to retire as a Mariner this year.

Reaction score
Bring him back, get rid of sweeny and find a new LF and DH. I love Griffey, but he's not going to be a key player in winning anything next year... Give him the Kirk Gibson role.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Keep him as a bench player and a teacher....He's still good enough to get a spot start here or there and we know he's always pumped to come up and pinch hit in a tight game with a chance to add another golden moment to his legacy...

Reaction score
Exactly. But at the same time this line up strike fear into the heart of no one Ichiro and Guti at the top is VERY good. Lopez in an RBI spot makes sense, but it should be 5th not 3rd or 4th. Branyan should be hitting clean up. Having Lopez behind him will offer a decent amount of protection. But now we have a dillema, we need a REALLY good hitter to hit 4rd (preferably right handed) someone like a Matt Holliday. Also we need to re-sign Beltre, his numbers were way down offensively this year so he should be cheap. Maybe add one more pitcher... Aroldis Chapman! haha I wish. Washburn is more likely if we do sign a lefty starter.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Exactly. But at the same time this line up strike fear into the heart of no one Ichiro and Guti at the top is VERY good. Lopez in an RBI spot makes sense, but it should be 5th not 3rd or 4th. Branyan should be hitting clean up. Having Lopez behind him will offer a decent amount of protection. But now we have a dillema, we need a REALLY good hitter to hit 4rd (preferably right handed) someone like a Matt Holliday. Also we need to re-sign Beltre, his numbers were way down offensively this year so he should be cheap. Maybe add one more pitcher... Aroldis Chapman! haha I wish. Washburn is more likely if we do sign a lefty starter.
I heard Beltre is going to be leaving. He will want a lot of money, especially since he has the same agent as A-Rod. I forgot his name, but he always gets his guys the biggest contracts.

There are a lot more guys in free agency this year that are good.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Griffey back next year as long as he, and the team, understands that his spot in the line up isn't guaranteed and that he needs to perform offensively to keep it. The reunion was fun, but we're not going to win with the offense we had this year.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
I heard Beltre is going to be leaving. He will want a lot of money, especially since he has the same agent as A-Rod. I forgot his name, but he always gets his guys the biggest contracts.

There are a lot more guys in free agency this year that are good.

Scott Boras. And he's not getting much... He's had 2 injury plagued seasons in a row.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Beltroid had one great season in LA in a contract year....He's nutless otherwise....Literally..

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Beltroid had one great season in LA in a contract year....He's nutless otherwise....Literally..

I'm not expecting all that power. I'll take his defense and his above average power/speed over a 3B like Mark Reynolds who's all or nothing at the plate and in the field.

Top Bottom