• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks - 9/12: WIN 31 - 6

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;50155 said:
Figured I'd actually makes this topic for THIS SEASON lol.
I closed the one from last season, but I forgot to make one for this season. :)

Reaction score
I really want to see our defense get after the quarterback!!

Make it a priority for him to be scared every time he drops back to pass.... do that successfully and you win the game.

Teams did that to Hasselbeck last year and we all saw the end result.

Reaction score
#ONE;50158 said:
I really want to see our defense get after the quarterback!!

Make it a priority for him to be scared every time he drops back to pass.... do that successfully and you win the game.

Teams did that to Hasselbeck last year and we all saw the end result.
The Seahawk's defense has to pressure Alex Smith and contain Frank Gore. The offense has to protect Hasselbeck and get into a rhythm.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;50163 said:

21 - 13?? No love in the first game?? We are playing the immortal Alex Smith. If we stop the run, we win the game. Period. Smith is NOT beating us with his arm. I am thinking 18 - 10 Hawks. D looking good, O does just enough.

Reaction score
dizzle498;50164 said:
21 - 13?? No love in the first game?? We are playing the immortal Alex Smith. If we stop the run, we win the game. Period. Smith is NOT beating us with his arm. I am thinking 18 - 10 Hawks. D looking good, O does just enough.
18-10? How would we get 18 points?...

6 field goals?
TD w/ xp with 3 field goals and a safety?
2 touchdowns w/xps and 2 safeties?
3 TDs and miss all 3 extra points?

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
actually meant to say 19 - 10. Fat fingers. But yes, 2 touchdowns, a field goal and 1 saftie would be nice.

Reaction score
Number 18;50160 said:
I wouldn't mind someone (maybe Red) doing to Alex Smith what Rocky Bernard did to him a few years ago...

I loved that game... didn't we blank them like 23-0 that game or was that the game at Qwest later in the year??

I loved Rocky Bernards fat us crashing through the line and just flopping onto Smith and all that weight 300+lbs landing on Smiths throwing shoulder... ahh just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

GO fucking HAWKSS!!!!!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
dizzle498;50164 said:

Hey, the only score thats impossible to have is a score of 1.

Seahawks.... 68 69ers...... - 2

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seriously.... this is what i think.

I think P.C. built this defense specifically to beat the niners, and cards. (Smart)

1. Big Defensive Line (cole,Mebane, Bryant) and LB gap blitzing to take away the run.

2. Bigger corners in press coverage - to take away the dink and dunk short stuff which Alex Smiths only game.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
This is so hard to predict.. I have no idea what to expect from this team. As a football fan I think we very well could win this game and as a seahawks fan I feel we will win this game. The left side of the line is clearly the X-factor on ofence and on defense the x factor is the pass rush. If we can get pressure with Clemons and Curry I think the secondary is much better and we could see some big plays if we get in Smith's face.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm thinking 24-14 (maybe 17) SF. Gore tears us up every year (remember the 2 65+ rushes he had in one game) and in my opinion should do it again. Oh and did I mention Alex Smith has more weapons since then? Vernon Davis and Crabtree should be good...just gotta hope our OL can withstand their solid D and keep Matt from landing on his back.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the x-factor in this one is, our run game. I know thats coming out of left feild but If we are ineffective in the run, that will force us to be one dimensional and they SF can pin their ears back and get to Matt.

I dont think our OL is that bad, little patched up but not as bad as last year.
And I think our Dfence is ready to stop gore. Im sure He'll rip a couple big gainers but not like last year.
Wont happen, cant happen! Wont play with him, cant play with him, wont do it!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I think our run D is much better and we will contain Gore. Also something to think about is San Fran has 2 rookie offensive linemen that have never been in a place as loud as Qwest. I think we can count a few false starts.

Reaction score
I'd look to Hasselbeck throwing the ball more often than not considering the 49ers rank high on their run defense, and were fairly lousy on their pass defense last season.

szat;50181 said:
I think the x-factor in this one is, our run game. I know thats coming out of left feild but If we are ineffective in the run, that will force us to be one dimensional and they SF can pin their ears back and get to Matt.

I dont think our OL is that bad, little patched up but not as bad as last year.
And I think our Dfence is ready to stop gore. Im sure He'll rip a couple big gainers but not like last year.
Wont happen, cant happen! Wont play with him, cant play with him, wont do it!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
RockOutWithYourHawkOut;50188 said:
I'd look to Hasselbeck throwing the ball more often than not considering the 49ers rank high on their run defense, and were fairly lousy on their pass defense last season.

I agree, we need to be able to sling it. Two words for you Patrick Willis. He is a beast and will be tough to run against. Not to mention the 9ers line is looking reasonable this year too. We need to throw the ball effectively to win this game.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;50160 said:
I wouldn't mind someone (maybe Red) doing to Alex Smith what Rocky Bernard did to him a few years ago...

In comparison, Patrick Willis treated Hass with kid gloves last season.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
dizzle498;50164 said:

Well, here's what he did last time he visited Seattle, when you beat us by 3 pts:

27 of 45
60.0 prct
310 yards
2 TDs
O INTs
95.6 QB rating

Everything on offense, especially the O-line, is upgraded from last season. Are you really sure you have nothing to worry about in the air?

Top Bottom