• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Saints 11/21: LOSS 34 - 19

Reaction score
Hawks will have Russell Okung

Keys to the game I think are protecting Hasselbeck and consequently the ball which will be made easier without Darren Sharper on the field. Contain Bush, he's likely to only get limited touches so stop him a few times and maybe you see less of him. Ivory is a between the tackles guy which has been something we've been able to stop when Mebane has been healthy. If you stop both of those backs that allows you to get after Brees.

Reaction score
Having Okung back will make a huge difference. I think FOX had a stat saying the run game averages a whole yard more when he is playing.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Definetly need to contian bush and I think Hawks could get gashed and slashed by Drew Brees and short/screen game. The bandit nickel will be a good plan against these guys.

Saints have pretty good secondary and blitz packages, need to run the ball and get rid of the ball quickly.

So excited for this game!

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;51817 said:
Seahawks 27
Ain't 24

SHOCK THE FUCKING WORLD....
I'm with you. If the Seahawks come out and play up to their potential, they'll come out with the win.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a win, but I certainly think it's possible to win this game.

Reaction score
Win at the line on both sides of the ball and we win this game.

So simple, yet so true.

Reaction score
Saints RB Pierre Thomas is out again. RB Reggie Bush may not play, but not ruled out yet. Let's hope Julius Jones doesn't make the Seahawks look bad for releasing him. Then again, he couldn't make the Cowboys look bad for getting rid of him either.

Reaction score
Jones is not the problem... Ivory is.

Our offense is also not the problem today. It's the "defense" which apparently stayed back in Seattle.

Thanks to a couple of gay penalties and we had to settle for a field goal.

BTW who else thinks Obo is legit?

Believe or not we're still in this one if the D can actually show up in the 2nd half.

Marshawn please stop dropping easy balls, and REFS that was NOT roughing the passer. FUCK DREW BREES AND quit trying to protect him like he's Michael Jordan!

Reaction score
Well at least Matthew is $$$.. as I was writing this.. Matthew threw a pick, which should have been caught by the TE.

Anyways, I heard the announcers say that no one has passed for 300 yards on the saints D this year. They apparently have a top rated D, so either they are playing really bad or we have a pretty damn good passing offense. This is similar to 2007, when Holmgren abandoned the run and just told Matt to sling it.

That pick just got over turned!! Yayer. This is a little too late though.

TY Marshawn and "defense" for losing this game for us.

Reaction score
#ONE;51848 said:
Well at least Matthew is $$$.. as I was writing this.. Matthew threw a pick, which should have been caught by the TE.

Anyways, I heard the announcers say that no one has passed for 300 yards on the saints D this year. They apparently have a top rated D, so either they are playing really bad or we have a pretty damn good passing offense. This is similar to 2007, when Holmgren abandoned the run and just told Matt to sling it.

That pick just got over turned!! Yayer. This is a little too late though.

TY Marshawn and "defense" for losing this game for us.
You can't blame the defense for giving up passing yards, but you can blame them for the miss tackles on Ivory.

And I agree, Hasselbeck had a great game. Too bad he couldn't get the Seahawks a win.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
This was a game going in where everyone knew we would have to make big plays whether they be on turnovers or special teams. We didn't do that, but one or two bigs plays (and it sounds like there were opportunities, Lewis dropped a pick six and Lofa dropped a pick from what I heard) and this game could have gone the other way. Red zone offense sucked and 3rd down defense sucked.

Reaction score
Fenom;51851 said:
You can't blame the defense for giving up passing yards, but you can blame them for the miss tackles on Ivory.

And I agree, Hasselbeck had a great game. Too bad he couldn't get the Seahawks a win.

I disagree. Giving up a play or two in the passing game is understandable, but letting Brees carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey was pathetic. The secondary played with zero confidence and the front 7 was disappointing in bringing pressure and containing the run. IDK what is up with Ivory but he doesn't look that big. They were acting like he was a 250LB fullback and bouncing off of him.

Also the defensive play calling sucked imo. If Brees is killing you even when you drop everyone back in coverage, at least bring the house on every passing play and make him earn it. The few times we brought decent pressure he threw some crappy balls. I am calling Bradley out.. where you at Gus?

WTF was up with Lofa being pushed aside by Brees like a little girl when he should've had a sure sack? Pussy.

Offensive linemen must've read some of my recent posts, cause they have done a complete 180. Granted having Okung back, and Pitts at LG is a plus, they also did pretty well last week

I think this offense and especially Matt is no fluke. Last week we could've wondered if it was a by product of the leagues worst defense in AZ, but today against a number one passing defense proved we are legit.

Now if only both sides of the ball could just bring their A game at the same time. Wouldn't that be something? Seems like it's either one or the other.

Love what Pete has done with this team so far. With the way we are playing, our remaining games, and the other 3 teams in our division bomb diving like Japanese pilots in WWII we should have this puppy put away. Fingers crossed.

We are one draft and FA away from being a LEGIT contender in the NFC.. not just the west.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51854 said:
I disagree. Giving up a play or two in the passing game is understandable, but letting Brees carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey was pathetic. The secondary played with zero confidence and the front 7 was disappointing in bringing pressure and containing the run. IDK what is up with Ivory but he doesn't look that big. They were acting like he was a 250LB fullback and bouncing off of him.

Also the defensive play calling sucked imo. If Brees is killing you even when you drop everyone back in coverage, at least bring the house on every passing play and make him earn it. The few times we brought decent pressure he threw some crappy balls. I am calling Bradley out.. where you at Gus?

WTF was up with Lofa being pushed aside by Brees like a little girl when he should've had a sure sack? Pussy.

Offensive linemen must've read some of my recent posts, cause they have done a complete 180. Granted having Okung back, and Pitts at LG is a plus, they also did pretty well last week

I think this offense and especially Matt is no fluke. Last week we could've wondered if it was a by product of the leagues worst defense in AZ, but today against a number one passing defense proved we are legit.

Now if only both sides of the ball could just bring their A game at the same time. Wouldn't that be something? Seems like it's either one or the other.

Love what Pete has done with this team so far. With the way we are playing, our remaining games, and the other 3 teams in our division bomb diving like Japanese pilots in WWII we should have this puppy put away. Fingers crossed.

We are one draft and FA away from being a LEGIT contender in the NFC.. not just the west.

Absolutely agree about everything, and especially the one draft and FA away part...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51854 said:

I cringed. I couldn't believe that. I'm not one that buys that Tatupu is some amazing LB, but come on...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
The good news is that we are still in first place. Is it to soon to start getting excited over the betting implications of our team in the playoffs? I need to fill my bank account up!

Top Bottom