• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Raiders - 10/31: LOSS 33 - 3

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Let's start another unofficial thread - Seahawks vs Raiders.

This week we are going to be favorites again, even on the road. Geez that sounds pretty good, our beloved Hawks favored on the road. Thank you PETE!

Some keys to victory -

1 - Win the turnover battle.
2 - Keep Matty "Matt a liscious" Hasselbeck on his feet
3 - Special teams, special teams, special teams
4 - Pressure on Jason "I Stink" Campbell

If we can get all these done we are going to win going away. We are streaking to the second half of the season, and I don't mean that kind of streaking. Lets keep this thing going. I am feeling good mojo. :star-wars:

Reaction score
... Stopping McFadden is a much bigger key than stopping campbell. Also Nnamdi Asomugha shutting down one of our receivers is going to make it that much tougher on offense, we're going to need big games from Lynch and Forsett.

ECUPirate19

Huddler
Reaction score
Aside from stopping their offense, which shouldn't be a problem with our strong defensive play as of late. We really need a strong performance from our O-line especially without okung at LT. I'm hoping that pete sits okung this week so that he will be 100 percent when we play the giants next week at home. If we can pull an upset victory over the giants that would speak volumes about how far the hawks have come under carroll.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
dizzle498;51255 said:
Let's start another unofficial thread - Seahawks vs Raiders.

This week we are going to be favorites again, even on the road. Geez that sounds pretty good, our beloved Hawks favored on the road. Thank you PETE!

Some keys to victory -

1 - Win the turnover battle.
2 - Keep Matty "Matt a liscious" Hasselbeck on his feet
3 - Special teams, special teams, special teams
4 - Pressure on Jason "I Stink" Campbell

If we can get all these done we are going to win going away. We are streaking to the second half of the season, and I don't mean that kind of streaking. Lets keep this thing going. I am feeling good mojo. :star-wars:

You're forgetting the 5th thing:
Keep the D on McFadden. That overall is more important than everything besides number 1 and 2.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;51264 said:
You're forgetting the 5th thing:
Keep the D on McFadden. That overall is more important than everything besides number 1 and 2.
I definitely agree with you. McFadden is BY FAR their best weapon on offense. Our run-d showed its first sign of vulnerability last week against arizona. Hopefully they fix the kinks in the run-d this week and dont allow DMC to go off. Stopping him is doing more than stopping the run, he is a great receiver out of the backfield so if they hold him to 50 yards rushing but allow him to go off in the passing game then its all for not. They need to have an eye on him at all times; running and passing downs.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;51268 said:
I definitely agree with you. McFadden is BY FAR their best weapon on offense. Our run-d showed its first sign of vulnerability last week against arizona. Hopefully they fix the kinks in the run-d this week and dont allow DMC to go off. Stopping him is doing more than stopping the run, he is a great receiver out of the backfield so if they hold him to 50 yards rushing but allow him to go off in the passing game then its all for not. They need to have an eye on him at all times; running and passing downs.

To be fair, the Seahawks were without Mebane. :)

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fenom;51256 said:
Made it the "Official" thread. ;)

Thanks for doing that. ;)

Definitely the key is going to be stopping the Raider run game. Lets just stack 8 guys in the box and dare them to beat us with their passing game.

Should be another win for the Hawks!!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The Raiders are NOT who we thought they are...
They are much tougher.

Coming home after absolutely drubbing AFC West rival, the broncos, on Halloween, against former foe and a uprsing 4-2 team... Yeah tough game guys.

Heres the key though, slow play, sound football.
I know it sounds simple, but Raiders are a young talented, excitable team.
They create havic and turnovers on defense. On offense we have to ground and pound and pick them apart with quick easy pass plays, chew up the clock, wear down the D and the crowd. They'll be passed out by halftime anyways!

ON defense, yes, put a hat on McFadden, watch for screens, watch the TE and FB too! and get some pressure on Campbell.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I disagree when you say that McFadden is the best offensive threat. I think it is the #7 overall pick in the 2009 draft DHB, or as non Raiders fans know him, Darrius Heyward Bay. The man had 7 catches last year and a whopping 11 this year! How are we going to stop that kind of production? Wow...just wow.

Reaction score
Brandon Mebane was held out of practice again today. Not a good sign for us for Sunday. Most likely he'll be held out another week.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
RockOutWithYourHawkOut;51269 said:
To be fair, the Seahawks were without Mebane. :)

This is true and he WILL make a difference however, 1 man can't stop McFadden by himself. The line without him could've played better period. But yeah he will help. Anyone else thinking Lynch/Forsett could rush over 150 yards this game with the raiders pathetic run defense :Clueless: That would be filthy.

Reaction score
12thManFan;51295 said:
This is true and he WILL make a difference however, 1 man can't stop McFadden by himself. The line without him could've played better period. But yeah he will help. Anyone else thinking Lynch/Forsett could rush over 150 yards this game with the raiders pathetic run defense :Clueless: That would be filthy.

Eh, I have my doubts, with Williams on Asomugha they might throw 8 in the box and force us to win with Butler, Carlson, Tate, Obomanu, and Sotkely if he can play.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
We are should and are going to win this game. Some Raiders player came out and claimed that the Raiders had the best talent in the league and have had it for some time now. I am not sure what that guy is smoking but, he must be high.

We need this win, and we are going to get it. I am fully confident in our team now. We are better in all phases of the game, that is just a simple fact.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
Can Seattle even get a freaking first down today?!? It's the 2nd quarter already & their total yardage just barely equates to one. 12 total yards! This team sure as hell doesn't play like a 4 - 2 team!

Reaction score
Seahawk80;51319 said:
Can Seattle even get a freaking first down today?!? It's the 2nd quarter already & their total yardage just barely equates to one. 12 total yards! This team sure as hell doesn't play like a 4 - 2 team!

No they cannot....

and if they ever do it gets called back because of a penalty.

The line is horrible, Hasselbeck is equally as bad.

Our great defense will hold them until about the 3rd and then fall apart... since they're on the field 90% of the time.

Oh and now Red Bryant looks seriously hurt... great. Now maybe Nate Ness can fill in for him or maybe Kanard Cox??

chalk this one up as a loss.... next week the Giants D will have a feast. Those asking when Charlie Whitehurst would start should get your answer next week after Matt gets killed.

FUCK!!!!!

Top Bottom