• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Bears: 10/17: WIN 27 - 20

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with Okung. I thought I saw him whiff pretty bad on one play in the beginning. I thought it would be a long game if that happened much more against Peppers. But then I saw him pretty much take care of business.

Reaction score
Yeah Okung made Peppers a non factor... the few times they showed replays with them one on one, he was pushing Peppers around like he was a 5'10" DB... I was really impressed.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
When is the last time you remember winning a road game that:

- Sacked the QB 6 times, one of them for a safety?
- Made a team go 0 for 12 on 3rd down efficiency?
- Had a convincing rushing game (111 yards with 2 TD's against the 3rd best run defense prior to the start of this game)?
- Saw the Seahawks not turn the ball over once?
- Didn't allow any sacks?
- Beat a team with a winning record on the road?
- Won said road game without generating turnovers (meaning, we won it in the trenches the old fashioned way)?

This was a very impressive victory all around. We still have some issues (such as still giving up big plays too frequently), but if we can keep playing like this on the road as well as at home, we might have just turned the corner and begun our climb back to the top of our division. I know, it's only one game, but we won this game in impressive fashion, and it's been several years since we've been able to say that about any road victory.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;51004 said:
OK after that i must predict we lose every game the rest of the year by at least 45 points
LOL

Reverse karma... I like it. Yeah, your prediction was WAY off, lol.

Good win for the Seahawks though. They really hung in there throughout the whole game and did not give it up in the end. Nice road victory...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
This is just a fantastic win. Pete dialing up the blitzes and giving Cutler the sad frowney face that we all know and love him for. Great effort on the road against a team that we might end up meeting in the playoffs. If we can keep up these winning ways that is.:beg:

Reaction score
Did not see this coming... I thought maybe we could win this, but I thought it would have to be another game like San Diego where we got out played but won because of takeaways (which we should have had a couple). But we flat out dominated this game, we won every phase of the game. Yes there was a punt return by hester, but until the point the special teams were great.

Olyspud

Huddler
Reaction score
One little thing

That was a great effort yesterday. Only question I have is, "Who decided it was a good idea to kick away to Devon Hester?" That was the only way Chicago had a chance to come back, and it almost backfired. Aside from that play, it was a terrific game.

Reaction score
Olyspud;51030 said:
That was a great effort yesterday. Only question I have is, "Who decided it was a good idea to kick away to Devon Hester?" That was the only way Chicago had a chance to come back, and it almost backfired. Aside from that play, it was a terrific game.
He wasn't supposed to punt it to Hester, but it's not easy to punt exactly where you want to every single time.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Holy crap! Can't believe we won, but very grateful. Bears have slipped two weeks in a row now. Too bad the sucky Lambs won (can't San Diego beat anyone again? I think we ruined them).

Of course, the real reason we won was because it was a great, close game and it wasn't televised in my area.
AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHHHHH!!!

WTF?! On what planet does a west coast audience want to watch Atlanta and Philly?! When I lived in Detroit, if the Lions were playing an AFC team (like the 49ers were yesterday), and the game was on the AFC station, Fox would still show an NFC Central/North division game--the Vikings, Packers or Bears.

But NOOOOOOOO....Out in CA, instead I get the frickin' Falcons and Eagles. What the hell?! What about you guys in Wash/OR? If the Hawks aren't playing, or on CBS, don't you still get a WC division game on Fox?

Ready to kick in the TV...

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
Bru-Hed;51032 said:
Holy crap! Can't believe we won, but very grateful. Bears have slipped two weeks in a row now. Too bad the sucky Lambs won (can't San Diego beat anyone again? I think we ruined them).

Of course, the real reason we won was because it was a great, close game and it wasn't televised in my area.
AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHHHHH!!!

WTF?! On what planet does a west coast audience want to watch Atlanta and Philly?! When I lived in Detroit, if the Lions were playing an AFC team (like the 49ers were yesterday), and the game was on the AFC station, Fox would still show an NFC Central/North division game--the Vikings, Packers or Bears.

But NOOOOOOOO....Out in CA, instead I get the frickin' Falcons and Eagles. What the hell?! What about you guys in Wash/OR? If the Hawks aren't playing, or on CBS, don't you still get a WC division game on Fox?

Ready to kick in the TV...
its called DTV! its the only way to catch every game

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
yea they looked good lets hope they dont shit the bed next week, marshawn looked real good i hope they dont trade him or lose him in freeagency like everyone else

Reaction score
Yeah I having been trying to find some negatives about this game and I am having a hard time....

I was able to think of a couple:

1) why the FUCK did it take 5 or so times before someone finally told Tate's stupid ass to call a fair catch??!! That muffed punt could've cost us this game. Hopefully Pete gave him an earful after that one.

2) some stupid offensive play calling on 3rd and short. I remember at least 3 occasions when it was 3rd and 2 and instead of giving Marshawn the rock and letting him run behind a fullback and fight for those yards, they line up in the shot gun with Forsett in to block and I remember at least twice they ended up getting an incomplete pass and turning the ball over on downs. It happened enough times that it was pissing me off.

Other than those two things... everything else seemed positive. Too bad we can't play a Mike Martz offense that has the QB drop back so much : )

Reaction score
another quick thing that impressed me.

the way our offense answered that first bears TD in the first quarter. That was a big statement, especially on the road.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51038 said:
another quick thing that impressed me.

the way our offense answered that first bears TD in the first quarter. That was a big statement, especially on the road.

I totally agree. I am absolutely giddy about the effort our team put out this week. Will need an equally good effort when the Cards come to town this week.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
mark;51035 said:
its called DTV! its the only way to catch every game

Ummm, thank you, but...That had nothing whatsoever do to with the post or the question!

("Do you have a match?"
"I don't smoke.")

:rules2:

Reaction score
They usually just show most games in local markets then they have one" big" game they televise nationally. On fox 90% of the time its the cowboys and on cbs it's usually the colts or pats.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51046 said:
They usually just show most games in local markets then they have one" big" game they televise nationally. On fox 90% of the time its the cowboys and on cbs it's usually the colts or pats.

Down here in OC it used to be the Chargers, but since they don't sell out, it's the Raiders or some other unwatchable team. Ugh...

Reaction score
dizzle498;51067 said:
Down here in OC it used to be the Chargers, but since they don't sell out, it's the Raiders or some other unwatchable team. Ugh...

........ the CHARGERS don't sell out? That's sad, they've been one of the best teams in the league over the past 6 years or so.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51046 said:

Hopefully this will change with their recent woes... I can't think of many things I enjoy less than watching Tony Romo pretend to be a QB.

Top Bottom