• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Rams @ Seahawks 9/13: WIN 28 - 0

Reaction score
St. Louis Rams (0-0, 0-0 Conference NFC West) at Seattle Seahawks (0-0, 0-0 NFC West)
Time of Kickoff: 4:15 ET, 1:15 PT
Television Stations (Announcers):
FOX (Ron Pitts and John Lynch)
St. Louis Region KTVI (Fox-2) Play-by-Play Steve Savard and Color Commentator D’Marco Farr
Seattle Region (Radio) Play-by-Play Verne Lundquist and Color Commentator Warren Moon
Last Meeting: Seahawks 23-20 win in Week 15
Overall Series: Seahawks 12-9

Analysis:
A new season will be kicked off at Qwest, while a lot of new faces take the field for the Seahawks. After finishing 4-12 in Mike Holmgren’s final season as Seahawks head coach he turned the reigns over to former secondary coach and Atlanta Falcon head coach Jim Mora. Mora will be given a team that is quite healthy compared to last-years team (14 players ended the season on the Injured Reserve) despite missing starting CB Marcus Trufant with a back injury. Matt Hasselbeck returns from an injury to his main spot on the field for the Seahawks as play caller. Mora brought in offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and between the two of them will run the West Coast Offense, but with a little more running plays than Holmgren had called. Hasselbeck finally has a true go-to-guy at the receiver position and should take full advantage of that if he stays healthy. Playing the Rams the offense should be able to attack both sides of the ball. Despite the addition of former Giants Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnolo as head coach. Look for Hasselbeck to feel comfortable with TJ early. The line will be a little shaky, but should be able to hold the blocks long enough for guys to get open.
Defensively the Seahawks need to put pressure on the injured Marc Bulger. The Rams offense added Jason Smith out of Baylor, but need to come at the Rams Line as much as possible. Look for rookie LB Aaron Curry to get into the fun and help ease the havoc on Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill. The secondary surely will be hurt without Marcus Trufant, but Ken Lucas returns back to Seattle and should help them out with Josh Wilson also being able cover some ground. The addition of Lawyer Milloy should help them out, but Jordan Babineaux shouldn’t have much trouble at his position along side Deon Grant. Don’t expect so many long passes out of this secondary- this week at least.
Prediction: Seahawks come out on top 24-7. It’ll be a home opener win and the first official win for the hometown boy Jim Mora.

Connections:
-Seahawks CB Travis Fisher came into the NFL in 2002 and played for the Rams. He left after the 2006 season to sign with the Lions. He had seven career INTs with the Rams, while 2003 was his best year with the team piling up 61 tackles and having four picks- including two for touchdowns.
-Seahawks Defensive Assistant/Secondary coach Larry Marmie worked in St. Louis in 2004-05.
-Rams K Josh Brown was the Seahawks K from 2003-07 after being selected out of Nebraska in the 7th-round. He holds the Seahawks rookie scoring leader record. Left Seattle at fourth all-time in scoring with 571 points. In his first season with the Rams he was 31-for-36, while a perfect 19-for-19 with extra points. He was an alternative for the Pro Bowl in 2005.
-Rams Defensive Back coach Clayton Lopez coached the Seahawks in 1999 until 2001 as its Defensive assistant/quality control coach. Then he took over as assistant secondary coach in 2002 until 2003.
-Rams Defensive Coordinator Ken Flajole spent 1999-2002 with the Seahawks as a Defensive Backs and Linebacker coach during that span.
-Rams P Donnie Jones spent 2004 with the Seahawks appearing in six games for the team.

Seahawks Making their Debuts (*starters):
WR- TJ Houshmandzadeh (Bengals)*
DT- Colin Cole (Packers)*
LB- Aaron Curry (Rookie)*
OL- Max Unger (Rookie)*
FB- Justin Griffith (Raiders)*
RB- Edgerrin James (Cardinals)
DE- Cory Redding (Lions)*
CB- Travis Fisher (Lions)
CB- Ken Lucas (Panthers)* Lucas is in his second-stint with the Seahawks
S- Lawyer Milloy (Falcons)
LS- Kevin Houser (Saints)*

Seahawk News of the Week:
-Seahawks signed Lawyer Milloy and parted ways with Brian Russell after two-seasons with the Seahawks.
-Seahawks named Justin Griffith starting fullback.
-Seahawks acquired Brandon Frye off of waivers.
-The Seahawks Practice Squad consists of Mike Hass (WR), Jamar Adams (S), Roy Lewis (CB), Devin Moore (RB), Logan Payne (WR), Blake Schlueter (OL) and Frye (OL)

Check the chat for up-to-the-minute news along with our Twitter account! BOYS IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: HOME/SEASON OPENER

Couple quick hits:

-Branch isn't expected to play today according to ESPNs John Clayton.
-Also for some strange reason our Twitter isn't working! I will be posting on mine if you want to follow for quick tweets:
http://twitter.com/Hawk096

Reaction score

I have bad feeling about this game, but I will keep it to myself. :D

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Seahawk Inactives:
CB- Travis Fisher
C- Chris Spencer
T- Walter Jones
DT- Red Byrant
WR- Deion Branch
DT- Michael Bennett
DE- Derek Walker
3rd QB- Mike Teel

Rams Inactive:
S- Anthony Smith
S- Craig Dahl
T- Eric Young
G- Roger Allen III
G- John Greco
DE- Victor Adeyanju
DT- LaJuan Ramsey
Third QB- Keith Null

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score

phaZe said:
I have bad feeling about this game, but I will keep it to myself. :D

I hear you; last few seasons the "easy ones" weren't always so easy. Hoping Mora, unlike the Walrus, gave our guys the Han Solo "Don't get cocky!" speech.

Anyone know of any streaming audio online other than Sirius?? I swear someone posted a link but now I can't find it.

Thanks!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score

GO 12TH MAN!!!! Hoping someone breaks off his injured pinky when he's scratching his butt.

Reaction score

lawsio said:
manc - did you find a good stream for this game?

the one ive posted is working fine for me mate, if its not loading, just reload the page, might work

Reaction score

no worries :) bookmark the link for future reference, the guy was showing other games before it

lawsio

Huddler
Reaction score

I was at this game last season ... man I wish I was there for this one too!!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score

Thanks, manc! I missed the link but will try it next week. REALLY appreciate it.

I was watching the Whiners on TV, following the Hawks game on NFL.com while on a live fan chat and it sucked...had to keep asking "what happened"? After the Rams runback for the touchdown and challenge, the site said the call was "upheld" but the score wasn't updated, then it finally switched to reflect the penalty...five minutes later! Argh.

Top Bottom