• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Cardinals @ Seahawks - 10/24: WIN 22 - 10

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
FIRST PLACE, BABY!!!! Azz got his ass kicked. Rams and Whiners lost too. Let's keep the lead going next week and separate from the pack!

Reaction score
Lots of things I didn't like about this game...

Not every team is going to give it up to you 6 times...

Not every team is going to have a Qb throw 4-16 and a pick...

Our offense needs to produce better. Losing Okung hurt, a lot, it showed.

Big $ Mike is clutch... he was definitely the better receiver on the field. Walter Thurmond is MUCH better than Jennings. He owned his man most of the game.

Thomas had a nice gimme pick, and should've had 5 other ones. He really needs to come down with a few of those. He had a similar thing last week.

Matt got sacked 5 times... and still didn't throw a pick. He had someone in his face all day, and did OK considering the circumstances.

Lynch and Forsett were $ again, considering how HORRIBLE our offensive line is.... there is like 5 defenders on the back field on every run play.

We won, Az, SF and Rams lost.

Ramble over.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Win is a win, and thats all that matters.

But thought that Matt clutched the ball a bit too much, took too long, but there was alot of pressure, and like one says, he didnt turn over the ball.

Defense was good except for the Run Defense which was strange. Maybe Mebane coming back will help.

Special Teams was great, Mike Robinson caused that fumble not 23 I thought.
Cool to see Kenard Cox back in the mix.

I thought it was awesome that the ST introduced coming out of the tunnel... Also for the first time, players were making eye contact with fans coming out of the tunnel, a first, and Ive been there a while.

Nice job hawks and 12 MAN.

Prepare for the jugernaught; Oakland Raiders!!!!

Reaction score
szat;51205 said:
Win is a win, and thats all that matters.

But thought that Matt clutched the ball a bit too much, took too long, but there was alot of pressure, and like one says, he didnt turn over the ball.

Defense was good except for the Run Defense which was strange. Maybe Mebane coming back will help.

Special Teams was great, Mike Robinson caused that fumble not 23 I thought.
Cool to see Kenard Cox back in the mix.

I thought it was awesome that the ST introduced coming out of the tunnel... Also for the first time, players were making eye contact with fans coming out of the tunnel, a first, and Ive been there a while.

Nice job hawks and 12 MAN.

Prepare for the jugernaught; Oakland Raiders!!!!
Special Teams is important and I'm glad the Seahawks are acknowledging the players.

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
as critical as turnovers are Matt still needs better protection, no offense to Whitehurst but Matt is most likely the only player thats truly irreplaceable?

my opinion is they just need to get the ball out quicker or design roll outs so quarterback exposure is minimized? that strategy seems possible givin what I saw today, good running and good receiving, protection was a little scary at times, 5 sacs and several hurries, although he threw no interceptions AZ is like 26 in pass defense.

maybe break the huddle quicker to minimize defensive strategy?

if not for 5 AZ turnovers this game could have been ugly..

special teams could work on punt and kickoff tackling as well..

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree, a win is a win. We definitely need to clean some things up though. Our division, while still pretty soft, is getting better. I think we are leading the pack on the improvement though. Need to keep this going.

That is what good teams do, they win when they are supposed to win. We were supposed to win today, and we got it done. Was it ugly? Yes, but a W is a W.

Reaction score
At least one of those sacks was Matt's fault, he held the ball too long and he has his check down open. But like I said before I would really like to see more screens, and more Golden Tate. I'd also like to see us run the ball when leon washington is in the game. It seems like everytime I see him on offense we're trying to throw the ball to him, I get it but no one is going to fall for those plays if you do them everytime.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51215 said:
At least one of those sacks was Matt's fault, he held the ball too long and he has his check down open.

There was also one (maybe the same one) where his entire right side was open and he could have easily scrambled for a decent gain but took the sack.

Reaction score
He did seem to hold onto the ball a little too long...

Would be interesting to see the coverage, AZ does have a pretty damn good secondary with DRC, Wilson and Rhodes. Perhaps they had his guys pretty well covered. But I agree with Bob, more screens and dump offs in the flats would've kept the defense honest.

Despite all that... twas a win, and next week are the big and bad Raiders :fie:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51215 said:
At least one of those sacks was Matt's fault, he held the ball too long and he has his check down open. But like I said before I would really like to see more screens, and more Golden Tate. I'd also like to see us run the ball when leon washington is in the game. It seems like everytime I see him on offense we're trying to throw the ball to him, I get it but no one is going to fall for those plays if you do them everytime.

Bubble screens to tate, and screens to leon would have worked well in blitz downs, steal a page McDaniels play calling to get these guys involved.

I think sacks occured because of a combination of, 1. Matt holding the ball/long developing playcalls 2. Okung out 3. Line not protecting as well as other times.

On the play where the rookie LB (washington??) shot the a - gap, you gotta give him credit, that was just speed and timing. Matt had no chance.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51218 said:
Despite all that... twas a win, and next week are the big and bad Raiders :fie:

What a Twilight Zone game there...Just hoping they're completely cocky and expecting to roll over us and therefore make all kinds of "Radierisms" (re: mistakes).

Couldn't ask for a better Halloween matchup and location...I'd love to go to the game out here, wearing black and a Raider hat. When someone asks what my costume is, I just say, "I'm a loser, just like your team!"
(And then run like hell...)
:meeting:

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
marshawn looks real powerful to me, forsett gets places as well i think that duo looks real good. yes we won but i dont think that we had control of anything the cards just played bad and this division is nothing to brag about. then there is okung great player but is he gonna have drama for the rest of his career now? ankle now finger later perhaps big toe? wtf! i am glad for the win i would just like to see us obviously clobber the opponent, and matt does dick around too long

Top Bottom