• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Odds say Okung will miss week 1 against the 49ers

HawksNation

Huddler
Reaction score
HOw long do you think Okung will be out. Sources say 2-4 weeks, what are your thoughts ?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Who knows, Depends on his recovery, the game with SF is important but they dont have a outside dominant speed rusher per say. Wrotto was a nice suprise, I didnt notice any major drop off when he stepped in.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
My thoughts are that they should keep him out for the rest of the preseason. These games don't mean anything and I am much more worried about his health coming into week 1. I am sure that Pete will do the right thing. As much as fans want to see a good matchup in the preseason, it's not worth trotting a guy out there at 75%.

Pete, if you are reading this, hold him out.

Reaction score
Fenom;49566 said:
Hopefully it's only 3 weeks which would mean he will play Week 1 vs. the 49ers.

Personally, even though he MAY be ready to go week 1, I wouldn't want to rush his recovery, especially on a rookie. While his presence on the field may be vital to win that game, I'd rather not risk his absence all season long :)

S

Seattlehawk94

It begins.....Like I've said in the other thread, sprains can fuck up up for awhile. I'd be surprised if he plays a down before October.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49573 said:
It begins.....Like I've said in the other thread, sprains can fuck up up for awhile. I'd be surprised if he plays a down before October.
Not just an ankle sprain either, a HIGH ankle sprain. For whatever reason, those seem to be the worst. I agree with the post above too, keep him out as long as it takes.

Wasn't this the knock on this guy though coming out of college? He was kind of a sissy. I am not saying that this injury is not legit, but it is concerning. :-o

S

Seattlehawk94

Exactly Drizz.....After seeing Spill bust off that run in Toronto (eh?) almost makes me want to kick a small woodland creature...Like a bunny or a chipmunk...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It's not a high-ankle sprain. It's a mid-ankle sprain, which is not as tricky of an injury and allegedly means less recovery time.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49573 said:

Sprains are one of the most common injuries in football, players play sprained more often than not. In order to prevent any lingering issues with the injury, especially for a rookie, you need to proceed with caution, which is what I believe will happen. He'll be ready to go by week 2 at the earliest, my guess is we'll see him go up against the Chargers when the Seahawks return home in week 3, or possibly against the weak Rams in week 4.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tried to post ealier but was like the huddle went down, anyways...

If Russell is close to %100, I say tape the shit out of that ankle and get him in there. Matts back side is more important and that 1st game is crutial! Injuries are a part of football, we are gonna loose some guys, we cant baby any player, or hedge our bets worriing about injuries, they are inevidable!!

Also.. I dont think Russell was know for being a pussy, though it was more of not finishing plays and some lazyiness.

Im not ready to mail in the whole season just because we are in "building mode"
F-that I want 9-7 and playoff game!

Reaction score
Seattle P.I. said:
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll acknowledged Tuesday that rookie left tackle Russell Okung did suffer a high-ankle sprain in Saturday's preseason game, but said it was a "moderate" sprain and declined to rule him out for the regular-season opener in three weeks.
High-ankle sprains usually take longer than 2-4 weeks, but since this one is a "moderate" sprain it may take less time.

Like others have said, if he isn't 100%, he shouldn't play.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49597 said:
P.S. it IS a high ankle sprain..

It wasn't classified as such when you guys were first saying it was.

I'm not sure why we always get shit on, but I'm getting tired of being a Seahawks fan. Too bad I don't like anyone else more... ha!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I swear, depending on who your listening to, 710, 950, Seattle Times, NFL total access, or even PC himself, Okung's injury has been classified as a "high", "meduim" or just plain old "sprain".
And he will be out 2 weeks to 2 months.....

18 at least your not a T. Bay fan, their only glimmer of hope got put on the pup due to a broken finger tip!

Top Bottom