• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New York Times Article on Jake Locker

S

Seattlehawk94

LOL..I don't call him that because he's a jerk like Jemarcus..

I call him that due to the fact he's a running QB who's got a ton of hype but basically is at his full potential...He's not an NFL QB, his falling draft stock is proving it..

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52815 said:
He's not an NFL QB, his falling draft stock is proving it..

That doesn't prove anything. And I don't think you can say he is or isn't at his full potential. Would you have said the same of Hasselbeck out of BC? I bet if he had never sync'd up with Holmgren, he wouldn't even be in the league right now. Put Locker with the right coaches in the right situation, I bet he's as good as Hasselbeck at the very least.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hasselbeck was a proset QB in college so he was much more ready to be an NFL QB. So was Brady, Manning, Rivers, Flacco, Ryan, Montana, Elway, Marino, Eason, Blackledge, even Cunningham and many other stars/busts were as well..

Guys you could compare Jakemarcus to are: Vick (pre prison), Michael Bishop, Gesser (though Gess and Bishop did understand checkdowns), Charlie Ward, Tommy Frazier, and Brian Griese...Not the greatest company to be put into...

Reaction score
He looked pretty good today... Nothing spectacular passing, and his numbers were pretty bad (his receivers had a lot to do with that though) but he made a lot of good decisions and had some nice runs.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok so you guys are too stuck on stats. And yes, stats show how good he could be but put himon a team like Florida, Alabama, or Oregon, he'd be nasty. Wait until he hits the NFL to learn from the vets and have a better team to work with. Notice how Kearse and Aguilar couldn't catch shit that were thrown right to them??? Also, outside of his stats, he's a leader. This season he helped lead UW to 2 No. 18 ranked team upsets and our first 2 back-to-back wins against USC in like a loooooooooong time. He's a nice centerpiece to a team that could develop him into a great QB. He has an arm, great leadership, and makes great decisions. He'll be fine in the NFL. You can't even compare to JaMarcus Russell.

S

Seattlehawk94

12thManFan;52879 said:
Ok so you guys are too stuck on stats. And yes, stats show how good he could be but put himon a team like Florida, Alabama, or Oregon, he'd be nasty. Wait until he hits the NFL to learn from the vets and have a better team to work with. Notice how Kearse and Aguilar couldn't catch shit that were thrown right to them??? Also, outside of his stats, he's a leader. This season he helped lead UW to 2 No. 18 ranked team upsets and our first 2 back-to-back wins against USC in like a loooooooooong time. He's a nice centerpiece to a team that could develop him into a great QB. He has an arm, great leadership, and makes great decisions. He'll be fine in the NFL. You can't even compare to JaMarcus Russell.

Checkdowns....He's played 4 years of HS and 4 years of Major College Football and still doesn't know how to look off and checkdown...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52815 said:
LOL..I don't call him that because he's a jerk like Jemarcus..

I call him that due to the fact he's a running QB who's got a ton of hype but basically is at his full potential...He's not an NFL QB, his falling draft stock is proving it..

His stock is falling?!!! He has fallen from 1st overall but he'll still be a first round pick.

Russell also has ability but ate himself out of the league and isn't a hard worker. Same for Ryan Leaf. Locker is nothing like those guys. He might not be very good in the NFL but it will be more like why Rick Mirer couldn't make it.

Remember Locker statistically had a better year than Drew Bledsoe did his final year. Locker is a hard worker and will bust his ass for whatever team he goes to.

WSU fans who hate on Locker are jealous because they don't get guys like Locker. You guys would kill for someone like Jake.

So have fun bragging up Jeff Tool and his 2-10 record this year. I'll be enjoying my Holiday Bowl win and cheering on Jake on Sundays.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52832 said:
Hasselbeck was a proset QB in college so he was much more ready to be an NFL QB. So was Brady, Manning, Rivers, Flacco, Ryan, Montana, Elway, Marino, Eason, Blackledge, even Cunningham and many other stars/busts were as well..

Guys you could compare Jakemarcus to are: Vick (pre prison), Michael Bishop, Gesser (though Gess and Bishop did understand checkdowns), Charlie Ward, Tommy Frazier, and Brian Griese...Not the greatest company to be put into...

You are aware Hasselbeck fell to the 6th round because he was BENCHED right? Just making sure.

Explain how Locker compares to Griese at all? When it comes to UW do you even know what you are talking about ever?!!

You could also say Locker compares to Vince Young, Steve Young, John Elway, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco.......see what I did there. I listed QB's who are mobile like you purposely listed QB's who sucked.

Remember you said you would rather have Locker than Bledsoe in 1992 when I showed their stats. It was when you found out who was who you quickly backpeddled. Proving your judgement of Locker is 100% clouded because of his UW ties.

S

Seattlehawk94

56 Yards passing...Your right...We don't get guys like him at Quarterback U....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52925 said:
56 Yards passing...Your right...We don't get guys like him at Quarterback U....

What was his rushing stats? He WON the game I know you are a Coug fan so they lose sight of whats important.

Look I was there and he played well most of his incompletions because there was literally nobody open so he threw it away.

As for checking it down that's on Sark. Our backs never run out to check the ball to. We literally don't have a TE as one was booted off the team(5 star recruit Middleton, projected 1st team all Pac-10 TE and Izbiki 4 star recruit quit the team).

Jake has had 300 passing/150 rushing and we LOST the game and fans like you quote his record. I think it was a great ending to his career. Have a statistically average game but win and receive tons of credit. Opposite of playing great but lose and receiving unfair critism.

Just admit you are bias towards Locker. Your bashing of him makes you lose credibility. I can accurately break down Cougs without being so blindly bias towards them. Wish you could do the same.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh...Everyone knows I'm biased against the Fuskies so I don't lose anything....

For his rushing stats...Great for him...He's a fucking QB NOT A RB...

Top Bottom