• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My blog post about the Huskies recruiting class

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
SeattleSportsBlog: Huskies complete LOI day with a ranked recruiting class!

I talk about the big four guys in this class for the Dawgs which are ASJ(#2 TE in nation), Kasen Williams(#2 WR in nation), Sankey(Hi coug fans! :emoticon-0125-mmm:) and Sample(#22 Safety in country).

I mention how Sark has had back to back ranked recruiting classes which is essentially his first two classes as head coach(I don't count his first year since he was on the job just one more, bastard class).

I also finish it with talking about ultimately we don't know how things will turn out. Odds are one or more of these "studs" will be a bust while some kid I don't know about will be the lead dawg.

For those who like recruiting and the Huskies this should be a good read.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm high on Shelton but he was a three star recruit. Plus it's hard to talk about a lineman in recruiting don't really have "flashy" stats to show to average fans.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Where do you go for recruiting? Rivals has him as 4 star, #10 DT.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54758 said:
Hahahaha. LMAO. Hahahaha.

Glad someone picked up on that. My sense of humor on that comment.lol. Had to throw a dig in there.

Also to 12thman I typically go to scout.com as they tend to rate west coast players higher.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh, makes sense, Scout isn't nearly as reliable in my opinion. They hand out too many 4-stars...but they did say this was the best class since 2001. I think ASJ and Shelton will be the biggest immediate impacts. K. Williams will be his Sophomore year when Kearse leaves. Anyone know if Josh Shirley will be a starter soon?

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Well UW has two OLB spots that are open. Hope he becomes a starter and is the player we all thought he was. He did cause an epic fight between Ruth Robbins and Kim Grinolds on Softy's page back in July.

I think ASJ and Kasen will make huge impacts from day one. Those two were five star recruits(According to scout rankings 2008 and 2010 class better than 2011) who will see the field. Yes the WR's are crowded but Williams will be that possession receiver we lack and will compliment Kearse speed.

You are right with Kearse, Aguilar, Bruns and Jordan Polk all as Seniors WR's in 2012 Kasen will be the man. I don't expect a ton of TD's from Kasen but several key third down catches.

As for ASJ someday he could end up being our LT but for now he is a huge get at TE. Anyone who watched the Huskies this past year noticed no TE receptions at all(Like four seriously). Having a 6'7", 260 lb TE who runs a 4.6 40 and plays basketball will be nice to see. Uw hasn't had good TE production since Stevens.

Top Bottom