• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

More challenging feat?

What's a harder triple crown to win?

• Baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Being derby day I thought it was a good question... What's a harder triple crown to win Baseball (lead the league in Homers, RBI, and batting average) OR Horse racing (Win the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness stakes, Bellmont stakes)

S

Seattlehawk94

Baseball......

Horse Racing you have to lead 3 times for a total of about 8 minutes of racing...

Baseball you have to lead 3 times over the course of 9 months.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I say baseball because there are a lot of players that hit for a very high average and not a lot of power and a lot of players that hit for a lot of power and not a high average.. Albert Pujols is the only player I think has a shot at it.

S

Seattlehawk94

The last was Yaz in '67....I don't think we'll see another for a long while..

PooHoles has talent but I don't think he can ever get his BA that high..The last TRUE Triple Crown threat was Sheffield with the Padres in the early '90s but that was because he batted between McGriff and Gwynn....PoopHole doesn't have a real threat to protect him in the lineup.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
The last was Yaz in '67....I don't think we'll see another for a long while..

PooHoles has talent but I don't think he can ever get his BA that high..The last TRUE Triple Crown threat was Sheffield with the Padres in the early '90s but that was because he batted between McGriff and Gwynn....PoopHole doesn't have a real threat to protect him in the lineup.

Actually Ryan Ludwick is pretty good hitter... And he hit .359 in 2003 so he does have the ability to hit for a high average, it just hasn't been until recently when he's shown the power he needs to lead the league in homers... That being said I don't think he'll do it and the reason why can be summed up in 5 words. Adam Dunn and Ryan Howard.

Reaction score
I picked horse racing cuz I knew everyone else would pcik baseball! :D

Horse racing is a sport of chance & luck. And while both are a difficult task, a jockey can try & try to get a horse to run good but if the horse isn't "in the mood to run", he's up the creek. I think it's easier to keep yourself focused on winning something than trying to get an animal to do it, even though they are trained, etc.

Top Bottom