• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Draft

S

Seattlehawk94

I love the offseason.. :roll:

It's only been a couple days and we've got our first wannabe Kiper telling us our "needs". :roll:

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
I love the offseason.. :roll:

It's only been a couple days and we've got our first wannabe Kiper telling us our "needs". :roll:

mel_kiper_raging_hair_helmet.jpg

Sorry, wouldn't ever wanna be this guy, or look like him :eek:

I am not going to tell the Hawks who to draft, ha. I just wanna get input from Hawks fans so I can make a better mock next month when all bowl games are over. Input from the fans, discussion. Who knows a team better than its fans?

I sure don't know a hell of a lot about the hawks, so I come to you!

Reaction score
Our biggest need is probably in the secondary. Strong safety so Grant can move back to Free Safety and Russel can leave and Corner Back because Josh Wilson is too short and Kelly Jennings sucks. But at the same time we need a play maker on offense because we are last in the league in plays of 20 yards or more so if we have a threat like Crabtree out there defenses have to respect that so we might actually be able to keep drives together. If we keep drives together our defense gets time to rest and when our D had time to rest this year they played really well... That just didn't happen very much

Reaction score
Quarterback - No
Runningback - No
Fullback - No
Wide Receiver - Yes
Tight End - No
Offensive Line - Yes, late pick.
Defensive Ends- No
Defensive Tackle - No

Linebacker - Yes, late pick.
Cornerback -Yes
Safety - Yes
Kicker - No, we already have 2.
Punter - No

Corner/WR/Safety need to be addressed with quality players, which means 1st, 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Detriot will take the best QB available not Seattle ..even the Rams would take a QB before us ? We need defensive help and thats the way we will go.. You bring in a QB with the 4th pick then everyone will expect him to play and what message doe's that send to Hass and Wallace ?

We take Jenkins or trade down for Mays..

Reaction score
Hawks2Cover said:
Are you guys actually suggesting that Seneca Wallace is our future at QB? Are you stoned or something?

Not suggesting it, but I don't think we should draft Stafford when we got Seneca. I don't think Stafford will be good and why spend tons of money on someone that hasn't been tested in the NFL? Wallace has shown us what he can do I would wait another year for next years class or go after someone in free agency. Not Cassell so much I think he's a product of a good system in New England.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
We need help on the D-Line. Pack is getting old, and apart from him, Brandon Mebane is the only solid defender we have. We'll see how Lo-Jack does next season ( Ends always seem to blossom in their sophomore year ).

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I should start a poll... Would anyone really be upset if we took Crabtree?

yes
Matt will need a replacement in a few years. Seneca is not a starting QB. Getting one now will make him ready in 2 years.

OT You are a idiot if you think Walt will be fine. A 35yr old 300+lb Tackle getting microfracture surgery which usually takes 2 yes 2 years to come back from if you are in your 20's.

Fine take a WR and we will fall 2 more years behind in the rebuilding process. Also our D sucks a WR won't fix that. I also don't think crabtree is even the best pro WR out there. Franchise QB's and stud LT's are hard to find and even more impossible to find via FA.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
bobflipaburger said:
I should start a poll... Would anyone really be upset if we took Crabtree?

yes
Matt will need a replacement in a few years. Seneca is not a starting QB. Getting one now will make him ready in 2 years.

OT You are a idiot if you think Walt will be fine. A 35yr old 300+lb Tackle getting microfracture surgery which usually takes 2 yes 2 years to come back from if you are in your 20's.

Fine take a WR and we will fall 2 more years behind in the rebuilding process. Also our D sucks a WR won't fix that. I also don't think crabtree is even the best pro WR out there. Franchise QB's and stud LT's are hard to find and even more impossible to find via FA.

That doesn't require a first round pick :roll:

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Hawks2Cover said:
Are you guys actually suggesting that Seneca Wallace is our future at QB? Are you stoned or something?

Not suggesting it, but I don't think we should draft Stafford when we got Seneca. I don't think Stafford will be good and why spend tons of money on someone that hasn't been tested in the NFL? Wallace has shown us what he can do I would wait another year for next years class or go after someone in free agency. Not Cassell so much I think he's a product of a good system in New England.

Seattle has the fourth overall pick. No matter who you draft, that player is going to demand huge money!

Reaction score
franchisedotcom said:
Like I said before the Seahawks would trade down a few spots if they wanted to take a DB whether it is Jenkins, Davis, or Mays. Crabtree is a possibility but despite the injuries this year, this team has a decent wide receiving corps.

This is the scenario I'm rooting for. Trading down a few spots, and drafting Mays makes the most sense to me. It's cheaper, we can pick up some extra picks or players, and Mays is a freak that could instantly fill a huge hole that we have. Crabtree would be nice but he isn't my first choice.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
More on the Linebacker ESPN has us taking...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3803148"]Mock draft: Sam Bradford and Andre Smith lead first complete mock of 2009 - ESPN[/ame]

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh, definitely. I don't agree with ESPN in the least. I still wanna see the Heater play some downs to see what he can do.

Historically, WR's taken that early don't pan out, so that's something to ponder if the Seahawks don't pick Michael Crabtree. ( To make yourself feel better )

Bottom Line? I'm all for Scott's idea. Trade down for more picks, receive a less expensive 1st rounder, and get a badass playmaker in Taylor Mays.

grhaley1

Huddler
Reaction score
yes id be terribly upset if we took crabtree, theres no point of taking a reciver that high, if you got a qb who can get the ball to the wr then you dont need to be spending all our cap money on WR, did tom brady need top WR to win those superbowls no, he made average wr look like pro bowl WR, lets face it hasselbeck dosent have much left in the tank 2-3 years TOPS by that time Matthew Stafford who has all the tools to be a great qb will be ready to take over the team...if hes not there trade down no point of just throwin our money away on another wr

Reaction score
grhaley1 said:
yes id be terribly upset if we took crabtree, theres no point of taking a reciver that high, if you got a qb who can get the ball to the wr then you dont need to be spending all our cap money on WR, did tom brady need top WR to win those superbowls no, he made average wr look like pro bowl WR, lets face it hasselbeck dosent have much left in the tank 2-3 years TOPS by that time Matthew Stafford who has all the tools to be a great qb will be ready to take over the team...if hes not there trade down no point of just throwin our money away on another wr

And conversely those receivers that they brought in made Matt Cassel look like a pro bowl QB. I am begging Ruskell not to take a QB with our first pick. Plus our offense is last in the league in plays of 20+ yards. Crabtree is a stud, he's the next Larry Fitzgerald. We NEED a playemaker like that.

Top Bottom