• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Draft

hawks nation

Huddler
Reaction score
It might not be a bad idea to get a QB in the draft since there is some talk about Matt might not be coming back.

Idahawk

Reaction score
hawks nation said:
It might not be a bad idea to get a QB in the draft since there is some talk about Matt might not be coming back.

Please enlighten us :roll: I have not heard one peep about this......I suppose its his back and its career ending and that Walter Jones and Matt plan on opening a Crab Shack and become business partners since their careers are over and that were going after Tom Brady since the Pats franchised Matt Cassel.

Reaction score
Matt is coming back... I don't know why you would think otherwise. I'm sure the main reason he didn't play the last few games is not to risk further injury in meaningless games and to hel;p him get healthy for next year.

S

Seattlehawk94

Jennings 13 PIs
Trufant 9

Trufant was thrown at 34 times in 2009
Jennings was thrown at 63 times

Jennings got more PIs because they threw at him more. It's simple math really...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
How is that "thrown at" stat computed. That seems very low considering Pro-Football Reference has the 'Hawks getting thrown at for a total of 566 times all season. Who was thrown at the other 469 times?

You also have to take into account that Trufant started every game while Jennings was demoted to the nickelback. That means the PI number for Jennings would likely have been much higher had he continued to start.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Jennings 13 PIs
Trufant 9

Jennings got more PIs because they threw at him more. It's simple math really...
And why not throw at Jennings? at 4ft 1" tall and running about a 5.5 40, plus looking baked out of his mind all the time, weighing in at about 65lbs, He has the uncanny ability to make your 4th string water boy look like an all pro receiver! With him in at the CB position its shocking that we didn't go 0-16. There are other problems on the team, but this is by far the most glaring.

S

Seattlehawk94

They compute the "Throw at" stat by balls that were able to be defensed or caught without "extraordinary effort" it's all the statistician's choice as to the "catchable", etc.

It's like a "shot" in hockey...Unless it hits the goalie it's not a shot or a save pretty much.

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Seattlehawk94 said:
Jennings 13 PIs
Trufant 9

And why not throw at Jennings? at 4ft 1" tall and running about a 5.5 40, plus looking baked out of his mind all the time, weighing in at about 65lbs, He has the uncanny ability to make your 4th string water boy look like an all pro receiver! With him in at the CB position its shocking that we didn't go 0-16. There are other problems on the team, but this is by far the most glaring.

Thanks 94 lol I actually spent a few minutes looking for those stats but could not find them..where did you find them ?

Jennings is a bust and has had his shot...he's a marked man any time he steps on the field.

As far as Trufant goes I know that everyone thinks that he's the shit..and I've tip toed around this topic for much of the season. but here it goes. Trufant is not that good...I know he made the pro bowl and everybody loves him ..but he gets toasted alot...I know that he gets respect from other teams and the media because we put him on their " best " player, but if he got the balls thrown at him that Jennings did it would be just as bad...he gets the benefit of the doubt....but is really nothing special....just happens to be the best of the worst in our secondary....don't live in a dream world that this guy is a shut down corner...because he's not...His size is just a big a factor as Jennings in getting toasted....If you want to blame Jennings go ahead....if you want to blame Wilson go ahead ..but Trufant has to get his share as well..overall these guys get a D- in my book..only wilsons ints save them from the F . You can't blame coaching when the ball is in the air and it gets caught by the WR or you get the PI call..thats on the player and that happened way to much this season !

Reaction score
I disagree about the Truf. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person that watches these damn games. Do you know why they throw at Jennings? Because in game film study these teams saw that they shouldn't throw at Trufant, so they thought they would try Jennings, and F-ing Jackpot! Jennings was exposed! Trufant makes plays. He's got a good 20lbs on Jennings, and has done a fantastic job against some of the elite receivers in the game. How effective was Randy Moss against the Hawks this season? The only person that really F-s up Truf. is Larry Fitzgerald, who makes EVERYBODY look like a chump. Say what you want about his size, but If you look up the sizes of other CBs he is right in line with them. If you want to talk about the goat that no one is mentioning how about the no show from Kerney while he was healthy this season? I think there are Better corners than Trufant, but he would be an effective corner if someone better then KJ was on the other side. If you want a good backfield say goodbye to the salaries of Leroy Hill, Bobby Engram, and Mo Morris and say hello to Nnamadi Asomugha.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I am the only person that watches these damn games :lol: Thats a hoot....and I love your breakdown of why Jennings gets targeted so much...because teams are scared of Trufant :lol:

We finished dead last in the NFL against the pass...I don't think anybody was scared to throw at anybody is this secondary do you ?

Jennings only did what Jennings did...how do you blame him for Trufant sucking this year ? They all sucked !

Look I'm not pointing fingers at any one guy....but when everybody hipe's trufant and the secondary gives up 25 tds with only 9 ints...their all to blame..he doesn't get a free pass in my book.

Trufant can't tackle for shit either..but thats all of them

S

Seattlehawk94

Cole said:
Idahawk said:
Trufant can't tackle for shit either...

That's bullshit.

Uh....Not at all, most of Trufants "tackles" are pushing a guy out of bounds. I like Tru, shit...He's a frat brother of mine and he's a pretty damn good Cover CB but tackling isn't his strong suit.

Ida....Finding that stat is one of the many things I can get through work...There are stats for everything.

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe they can combine the sperm from Tru and Jennings with the frozen eggs from Marge Schott and make a baby DB......they can call him "Baby Hitler Primetime."

Reaction score
Apparently Fox has us picking up Matthew Stafford because "Hasselbeck is getting old and Wallace obviously not the answer."...., bullshit. Another sports network thinking they know our needs when they don't even bother to learn our players names. When did Deion Branch Safety?...and when did Julius Peterson start playing instead of Julian Peterson?

Top Bottom