• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MLB regular season awards thread.

Reaction score
Amongst the winners are 2 Mariners Right Fielder Ichiro Suzuki which gave him TEN and Center Fielder Franklin Gutierrez which gave him a much overdue first. The other winners were Mark Buehrle (P-Whie Sox) Joe Mauer (C-Twins) Mark Texieria (1B-Yankees) Robinson Cano (2B-Yankees) Derek Jeter (doesn't deserve this at all SS- Yankees) Evan Longoria (3B- Rays) and Carl Crawford (LF-Rays)

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The award is given to the best defensive player at their position. It's voted on by the managers of each team.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Derek Jeter won the popularity award, lets be honest. Decent player, but I am sure there is another SS better at the position this year.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Admittedly, I'm a fair weather baseball fan. I'll root for the M's if they are doing well, but don't give a shit about baseball if they are not. That said, I'd rather see the Ws and no awards than the product they've been fielding...

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Well the awards mean they have pieces in place. They're going in the right direction despite the decrease in wins from last yar to this year.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
NL gold gloves:

P- Bronson Arroyo (Reds)
C- Yadier Molina (Cardinals)
1B- Albert Pujols (Cardlinals)
2B- Brandon Phillips (Reds)
3B- Scott Rolen (Reds)
SS- Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies)
OF- Michael Bourne (Astros)
OF- Shane Victorino (Phillies)
OF- Carlos Gonzales (Rockies)

Rolen winning is the same as Jeter in the AL, there are better candidates than Victorino and Gonzales in the outfield as well. Ryan Zimmerman (3B- Nationals), Matt Holliday (LF- Cardinals), and Jay Bruce (RF- Reds) should have won those awards in my opinion.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
NL Cy Young- Roy Halladay (Phillies)
AL Cy Young- Felix Hernandez!!! (Mariners)

Both are clearly the best choice.

Top Bottom