• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

L.A. Stadium Designs

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm sure LA will get a team I don't think anyone is doubting that. I think 32 is enough you don't want to many teams to water down the product. I think that is the NBA's problem and baseball to a degree.

I thought PGE was for soccer only from now on. Why they lost baseball and Vikings have to play at some high school stadium.

Oregon is a poor state and football stadiums aren't cheap. Unless Uncle Phil wants to get involved with the NFL(Which I don't think he does, he's content with helping his alma matter be a national powerhouse) I don't see who could get Portland a team.

L.A. and Toronto will get a team before Portland. So the league would probably have to expand 4 or 6 teams before Portland is even in the mix. I think Portland is at least 20 years away from NFL. They have a better shot at baseball IMO.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ViQueens are not moving. My guess would be the Chargers are moving out of San Diego and up North just a bit to LA.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

The Chargers ownership basically said "we aren't moving in 2011" but they said NOTHING about 2012..

My guess: They won't trigger the escape clause THIS year due to the CBA but with the Anschutz deal coming up I'm sure they've got a backroom deal in place to move as soon as the labor issues are settled...This WILL be the last year in San Diego for the Chargers, they are going home to the city that bore them....

Los Angeles Chargers?
Southern California Chargers?
California Chargers?

They are still only an 80 Mile drive from The Diego and there will be a good chunk of people they could keep as fans if they don't take the "LA" name....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
From Bill Simmons chat today.

"
Andrew (Minneapolis)

What's your take on the NFL in LA?? Is it really gonna happen??- Concerned Vikings Fan
Bill Simmons (1:01 PM)

Absolutely. Very quietly, the group pushing the downtown stadium sold its naming rights for big bucks to Farmer's Insurance recently, that's going to give them most of the money to build it. I think LA will end up with TWO teams. That's my prediction. Definitely the Chargers, then someone else way down the line. I think the Vikes will stay, that team means too much to Minnesota and it would be even worse than the Sonics leaving Seattle if they left - just a complete failure by the organization and the league. We can't have an NFL that doesn't have a team in Minnesota. It's wrong."

The Chargers stadium they play in has hosted more NFL games than any other active stadium. AKA It's old as shit. I went there for the Holiday Bowl and it wasn't bad for it's day but overall for an NFL stadium it was shit.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Toronto will get a team before Portland. So the league would probably have to expand 4 or 6 teams before Portland is even in the mix. I think Portland is at least 20 years away from NFL. They have a better shot at baseball IMO.

The Canadian Government has a bill that is still active that could effectively kill the NFL in Canada if they try due to the CFL basically being run out of business....There are some very powerful CFL Owners and the "Canadian Football Act" (read about it) that can be repassed in Parliment might push Toronto down behind PDX..

I worked for the OBC/OSC when they tried to lure the Expos and really, baseball teams aren't moving and expansion is awhile off...The A's are the only team in play and I think they'll get it done in SJ....Football is closer to PDX than MLB for awhile..

Thomson is still big on getting a team down there...They are #2 behind LA in the USA....The Baseball Bill we helped pass could be transfered to an NFL team if needed...There are more NFL teams in trouble and there will be more NFL expansion in the next decade than in MLB...Portland is in good shape...

Jack Murphy isn't a bad stadium in terms of location or tailgating and they were good enough to host a Superbowl in the last decade...It's not a bad stadium at all....Actually it's one of the nicer venues for regular fans, the only reason it's "old" is because they don't have the fucking yuppie boxes (FYBs) for the champaign drinking assholes who don't even care about the game...For regular fans who like to tailgate and actually WATCH THE GAME, it's not bad at all..

Back to LA: they sold the naming rights and they are going to probably break ground in April or May...You don't do that without a backroom deal....The Chargers will play 2011 in SD and probably announce a deal for a move late in the season...The NFC team that will share that will probably come via expansion in the next decade and PDX (if Toronto passes the CFL Bill) is next in line....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54261 said:
Or maybe move the Rams back to LA so they don't have to re-align.

BINGO! Best idea possible! NFC West would have three west coast teams and an Arizona team.

Toronto hosts an NFL game every year though. They are pretty close to the Bills and are slowly planting the NFL there.

You are right 94' Jack Murphy from where I sat(50 yard line) was terrific but it's a multi purpose stadium not a football stadium. So the seats are low so hard to see over the players, you aren't close to the field, very old to get around.

Like I felt like I was in a dungeon when I had to get a beer(Anyone on the bottom level knows what I"m talking about).

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

The Lambs are going to stay put....Just get that feeling...

The Bills Toronto Series isn't going kill the CFL like a team in Toronto would, they would pass "Canadian Football Act" if they made a permanent move there, the Canadian Government like I said has the ear of CFL Ownership and they really would be up in arms..They already are pissed about the Bills just playing one game there a year, Toronto will be in the NFL but it will be with a Liberal Government...Steven Harper (not the crippy who we hate) the PM of Canada has interests in the CFL and won't let it happen....So it's awhile off...

Personally, if the Chargers move they need to move the Lambs to the AFC West so that there is a Missouri rivalry and move the Chargers to the NFC West, it's not like ANY AFC West team cares about the Chargers "rivalry" anyways (outside the Faiders)...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Where did you get the date for breaking ground? I would be stoked if April is true! :)

"Farmers Field" here we come!

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Heard from someone in the biz of sports....They are going to break ground right around the time the NBA Playoffs start..

Top Bottom